What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

all 42,620 seats & roof will be on .. by June next year the report said tonight.
the internal fit out can be done while this takes place

i'd say it'll be well before october

Jamberoo

Juniors
Thats not the issue

Footy finishes at 10 pm

On some lines your next train runs on the hour till midnight. Miss it and you sit on a platform before a 2h regional trip home

And thats when trackwork is not occurring

It become a 2-3h trip compared to a 1h after hours trip on quiet roads
Surely Sydney is not that backwards. For MCG games most train lines have an MCG special that sits are each platform from the end of the game for 5 - 10 minutes until it is full, then other services run as normal. Really not hard to put one extra train on each line after events.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Liverpool sounds great on paper but can Tigers really be trusted to stay and play there full time? How many games will they move to Leichardt and elsewhere?

If them and Dogs each play at least 9 home games there each year even allowing for moved home games due to regional and magic round arrangements then sure but I don't think either of the boards' have the balls to make such a commitment.

I agree to an extent about Manly but it's already getting a partial upgrade so you may as well just go the whole way with it.

27-30k stadium in Penrith with the population growth and surrounding developments is a no brainer. The club and the area is going gangbusters and capitalising now with all that momentum could create something truly special for the area and the competition. Seems like the govt is on the same wavelength so thats good.
Well, you work that our first and don't build the stadium unless the tenants sign on. Again, not hard.

siv

First Grade
Surely Sydney is not that backwards. For MCG games most train lines have an MCG special that sits are each platform from the end of the game for 5 - 10 minutes until it is full, then other services run as normal. Really not hard to put one extra train on each line after events.
The issue is not the transport at the venue

But when you get to Central

Suburban trains run to their late night timetables

Country trains the same. Miss the midnightt rain to the CC and the next one is at 2am

Throw trackwork in whenever you get a chance to catch a train and you give up

I dont think I have travelled by train for almist 20 years to sporting events. Peak hour services are great but horrid after hours

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tg
The issue is not the transport at the venue

But when you get to Central

Suburban trains run to their late night timetables

Country trains the same. Miss the midnightt rain to the CC and the next one is at 2am

Throw trackwork in whenever you get a chance to catch a train and you give up

I dont think I have travelled by train for almist 20 years to sporting events. Peak hour services are great but horrid after hours
This is where it’s great to live in a decent city where event trains run every few minutes and public transport is designed properly!

TheRam

Coach
Liverpool sounds great on paper but can Tigers really be trusted to stay and play there full time? How many games will they move to Leichardt and elsewhere?

If them and Dogs each play at least 9 home games there each year even allowing for moved home games due to regional and magic round arrangements then sure but I don't think either of the boards' have the balls to make such a commitment.

I agree to an extent about Manly but it's already getting a partial upgrade so you may as well just go the whole way with it.

27-30k stadium in Penrith with the population growth and surrounding developments is a no brainer. The club and the area is going gangbusters and capitalising now with all that momentum could create something truly special for the area and the competition. Seems like the govt is on the same wavelength so thats good.

Who cares if the Tigers don't use it. Just build great rectangular stadiums everywhere we can get them built. I want to see 50 great rectangular stadiums all over the country if possible. As long as they are in quality areas with eateries, bars and restaurants and great public transport infrastructure next to them then I am all for the more the better. It gives the NRL and all other rectangular sports more quality options as opposed to the current pathetic state that we have been in FOREVER where almost all our options have been so amateurish and frankly diabolical compared to the AFL and other professionally run sports around the world.

If the Tigers are to stupid to take advantage of a brand new free money making home ground then that's their dumb arse problem and the sooner they die the quicker we can get in a franchise that can actually add value to the competition in a new market. I'm sick of all the small mindedness that is so prevalent at the board room in RL. Think big or go home(get out).

If the Tigers were to disappear their current catchment area could be taken up by both Parra and the Bulldogs. Remember a big whack of their area was Parra's before the Tigers-Magpies merger. So Parra take it back and we give the rest to the Bulldogs and add a new team in Perth, Christchurch or Adelaide.

Win, win really. Less teams in a saturated market and we expand the NRL gospel in a new frontier all in one full swoop. Yeah baby, I'm down for that!

But like I said, build, build, build. The more the better for all sports in our country, except AFL who will hate that idea. Who care about what it costs? Does anyone really think that the government doesn't waste billions of dollars every year and we usually have nothing to show for it? Look at the submarine fiasco and that is just one high profile one. There are countless others that few even know or care to know about unless the media make a song and dance about. But we still have hospitals and schools and whatever. That is the nature of Government in the West. They waste and they waste big without us the suckers generally seeing anything in return for that wasted spend. At least if they just kept building boutique rectangular stadiums everywhere we the sports loving plebs would actually be getting something in return. A legacy that will make millions of people in our sports mad country, over time, very happy indeed.

azza29

Juniors
Perhaps it has more to do with Melbourne's sporting culture but most big events at the MCG and Marvel Stadium are supported by additional train services (both metro and regional), with trains specifically timed to depart a certain time after the event ends. No reason something similar couldn't be put in place for big games in Sydney.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Who cares if the Tigers don't use it. Just build great rectangular stadiums everywhere we can get them built. I want to see 50 great rectangular stadiums all over the country if possible. As long as they are in quality areas with eateries, bars and restaurants and great public transport infrastructure next to them then I am all for the more the better. It gives the NRL and all other rectangular sports more quality options as opposed to the current pathetic state that we have been in FOREVER where almost all our options have been so amateurish and frankly diabolical compared to the AFL and other professionally run sports around the world.

If the Tigers are to stupid to take advantage of a brand new free money making home ground then that's their dumb arse problem and the sooner they die the quicker we can get in a franchise that can actually add value to the competition in a new market. I'm sick of all the small mindedness that is so prevalent at the board room in RL. Think big or go home(get out).

If the Tigers were to disappear their current catchment area could be taken up by both Parra and the Bulldogs. Remember a big whack of their area was Parra's before the Tigers-Magpies merger. So Parra take it back and we give the rest to the Bulldogs and add a new team in Perth, Christchurch or Adelaide.

Win, win really. Less teams in a saturated market and we expand the NRL gospel in a new frontier all in one full swoop. Yeah baby, I'm down for that!

But like I said, build, build, build. The more the better for all sports in our country, except AFL who will hate that idea. Who care about what it costs? Does anyone really think that the government doesn't waste billions of dollars every year and we usually have nothing to show for it? Look at the submarine fiasco and that is just one high profile one. There are countless others that few even know or care to know about unless the media make a song and dance about. But we still have hospitals and schools and whatever. That is the nature of Government in the West. They waste and they waste big without us the suckers generally seeing anything in return for that wasted spend. At least if they just kept building boutique rectangular stadiums everywhere we the sports loving plebs would actually be getting something in return. A legacy that will make millions of people in our sports mad country, over time, very happy indeed.
Good post.

There’s extra scrutiny on stadium spend compared to other things. Muscle memory is to go into detail justifying it when in reality we should build many everywhere because it’s a community good and the point of govt is to benefit communities not to make profit and there’s very little of that in the west.

Commbank stadiums in Penrith, Manly, Liverpool, Gong, Perth, Adelaide, make it happen.

T-Boon

Coach
Perhaps it has more to do with Melbourne's sporting culture but most big events at the MCG and Marvel Stadium are supported by additional train services (both metro and regional), with trains specifically timed to depart a certain time after the event ends. No reason something similar couldn't be put in place for big games in Sydney.

Sydney has that for AFL games I think. They pay for it. The NRL could do the same but thats the kind of expense the clubs and Gould would have a person fired over.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
WA Govt should build an SFS-lite around 35k stadium near Optus if possible. Glory, Force, 18th side in a state of the art facility would be fantastic. If only.

Latest posts