What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering how much money Parramatta Leagues Club pumps into its NRL side that would just about kill them off.
There in lies part of the problem. Hopefully now the Eels are being run half decent, have a great venue and are upping their corporate and fanbase revenue reliance on the pokies should disappear. All the time they can dip into the pokie funds to cover a few mill loss each year they aren't working on becoming a profitable self sustaining sports business.

Vee

First Grade
based on that penrith makes even less sense or certainly no more sense ... 300 million for 12 games a year & not much other use
manly , theres some value there with 12 games pa for 100 mill

liverpool.. absolutely.. 24 games for RL alone for 300 mill
but kogarah makes no less sense then penrith
Isn't Penrith the home of women's elite soccer?

magpie_man

Juniors
Good news for Penrith 👍🏼
I'd imagine the plan would be for some Pacific nations tests to be played there as well throughout the year.
Women's origin, indigenous all-stars, Panthers finals fixtures - it should get way more than 12 events per year.

Good news for Penrith 👍🏼
I'd imagine the plan would be for some Pacific nations tests to be played there as well throughout the year.
Women's origin, indigenous all-stars, Panthers finals fixtures - it should get way more than 12 events per year.
still half of the number of events liverpool would get

Valheru

Coach
Who cares. Like I have said numerous times before, I don't care about return on dollar investment when it comes to rectangular stadiums. It's about we the sporting public getting a bit of cream and fat for once and and being the beneficiaries of Gov largesse. If there is a rort to be had I want us the regular people to get it. Sick of having to make a case for it when Gov officials and all their mates are milking the system continually.

Besides f**k this user pays model we have gone down. Part of Governments role is to build utilities and infrastructure that otherwise aren't economically viable and wear the cost by doing so. It isn't our fault that they keep selling the farm and then cry poor. STOP SELLING OUR ASSETS AND GET BACK OUR RESOURCES YOU ARSEH*LES!

Build 100 rectangular stadiums all over the country. We will only be a better sporting nation for it. Build, Build, build.

I get what you are saying but they aren't going to build build build, the fact is there is finite funding and this new Penrith stadium just doesn't pass the acid test.

TheRam

Coach
now if we could put down that piece of pie in the sky for a seconmd & step back into the real world

we don't have a bottomless pitt of money
the stadium project is on a budget & only so much money will be spent ...
to put penrith before liverpool & leave the tigers & dogs playing at inadequate grounds instead of a 1st class rectangle venue is a worry.
I'd like everyone to have new venues too , but that aint gunna happen.

If the Tigers and Dogs keep playing in inadequate venues then their bottom line will suffer. Tough titties for them. Either they make a big enough noise to get what they want or they move to better venues. The days of being semi professional are hopefully coming to an end.

As for Gov not having the funds, again tough it wouldn't be the first time Gov spent money on things that don't make economic sense. Like I have said many times before, they squander our money all the time, at lease with stadiums we the average punter get something we actually like and get a lot of enjoyment from.

As for not having the money, well the money is always there mate, you just don't know it. Hell even most pollies don't know it.

Iamback

Coach
I get what you are saying but they aren't going to build build build, the fact is there is finite funding and this new Penrith stadium just doesn't pass the acid test.

The detail is key. There is no way it will just be used for 12-15 NRL games. There is other events that will get moved out Penrith or additional shows

TheRam

Coach

Well to bad the decision has been made. Eventually they will build a new one in Liverpool and Brookvale and wherever else they deem fit. So lets just be grateful that they are building sh*t at all. I mean they could have just done nothing for another decade or more, that is how pathetic Governments have been and are. We have been playing our major winter sport mostly out of dilapidated parks and calling them stadiums.

So for me I will embrace any and all stadium build with open arms. We shouldn't be saying that this area here or that area there isn't worthy. What we should be saying is all our areas are worthy and so when will my area be getting a shinny new build. We should be putting our pollies under constant pressure to keep delivering. Not robbing Peter to pay Paul. There should be paydays for everyone, contrary to beliefs and sentiment by many, there is more then enough money to go around.

Oh and yes, funding is infinite. We have just given the responsibility of issuing coinage to the private banks. Ask yourself why? That can by the stroke of a pen be stopped and we the people(Gov) can take back that most important task of all or we could even do what has been done before and issue currency in parallel with the money that the banks are constantly issuing. Like I said, money is infinite. All you need is the workers to issue it to and inflation doesn't become a problem.

Iamback

Coach
What events will be moved out there?

There a few events we get that get put in a poor location. Monster Trucks is one could either not use Qudos Arena. keep it for other events or have Penrith one night. Qudos another.

Plenty of summer music festivals. Instead of using Bella Vista farm can use that stadium instead.

Moving events around stops over use of certain venues

Valheru

Coach
Well to bad the decision has been made. Eventually they will build a new one in Liverpool and Brookvale and wherever else they deem fit. So lets just be grateful that they are building sh*t at all. I mean they could have just done nothing for another decade or more, that is how pathetic Governments have been and are. We have been playing our major winter sport mostly out of dilapidated parks and calling them stadiums.

So for me I will embrace any and all stadium build with open arms. We shouldn't be saying that this area here or that area there isn't worthy. What we should be saying is all our areas are worthy and so when will my area be getting a shinny new build. We should be putting our pollies under constant pressure to keep delivering. Not robbing Peter to pay Paul. There should be paydays for everyone, contrary to beliefs and sentiment by many, there is more then enough money to go around.

Oh and yes, funding is infinite. We have just given the responsibility of issuing coinage to the private banks. Ask yourself why? That can by the stroke of a pen be stopped and we the people(Gov) can take back that most important task of all or we could even do what has been done before and issue currency in parallel with the money that the banks are constantly issuing. Like I said, money is infinite. All you need is the workers to issue it to and inflation doesn't become a problem.
You are going down the rabbit hole of economics theory here... but anyways.

Money is made up and could be infinite if the government so decided, that is true. But in the real world you can't just print money (Mugabe tried that once) and there are things called budgets. X amount of dollars will be allocated within the budget to this type of thing and nothing more. X is a finite number whether we like it or not. The Penrith stadium getting built will be at the expense of other stadium and wider infrastructure projects, that is just a fact and is true of any infrastructure expenditure.

I personally believe that if this money is going to be allocated to stadium builds/upgrades then there are better options out there.

TheRam

Coach
You are going down the rabbit hole of economics theory here... but anyways.

Money is made up and could be infinite if the government so decided, that is true. But in the real world you can't just print money (Mugabe tried that once) and there are things called budgets. X amount of dollars will be allocated within the budget to this type of thing and nothing more. X is a finite number whether we like it or not. The Penrith stadium getting built will be at the expense of other stadium and wider infrastructure projects, that is just a fact and is true of any infrastructure expenditure.

I personally believe that if this money is going to be allocated to stadium builds/upgrades then there are better options out there.

Not true. Besides look at what the banks and in particular the Fed has been doing for over a decade now with their quantitative easing program. More money(trillions) has been pushed into the system just to keep it afloat.

Look at the end of the day, if you have unemployed people, then you can issue more currency to create Gov or private sector programs and create more wealth for most people. When you run out of people to employ, that's when you ease off on issuing more currency so as the supply off money doesn't exceed the supply of labour. Generally labour is the barometer on how much money should be created. Contrary to their rhetoric private banks however don't care about inflation and print more then what is needed or much less depending on what their intended goal of the day is.

Why have we allowed this most powerful and important part of our societies to function and prosper to the private sector whos only mandate is to make profits for their shareholders? Can't see anything going wrong with that. No one is saying to just print money without purpose or reason mate. That is what banks do now when they want to save themselves or make off with our assets.

People really need to educate themselves properly on this topic and not just take what the banks spread as fact through their propaganda mouth pieces. Remember banks own everything and everyone, so they have a lot of weapons to make sure you believe their message.

We need to take back the power of issuing our own currency. Nothing will ever change if we don't and people will just keep spewing out the same line over and over again that there isn't enough money bla, bla, bla crap forever. Remember scarcity not abundance is the constant message. Keeps everybody in check and not demanding change or their rightful share. That way the people that are the beneficiaries of this broken and corrupt system keep getting fatter while the rest of us fight over the scraps that they give us.

The pie is massive mate. You just don't get to sit at the table to feast on it. You're on the floor like all the other sucker dogs waiting for a scrap or two to come your way.

Yeh I dont disagree, but it seems Penrith is going to get it and could be used for other purposes such as concerts, aleague and some rep games etc as an outer suburb/semi regional centre point.
Ideally St's and Sharks would be joining forces to advocate for a new southern stadium which would be priority alongside Liverpool then , but that doesnt seem to be on the radar for either club.
End of day we should expect to see every NRL club playing in a 25k plus modern venue so whichever gets it first it should be just part of a long term strategy to reach that goal.
it should be, but both clubs are dug in

Only logic for Kogorah is they hope Sharks move there. Otherwise it makes zero sense to spend anything on it for 5 games a year. Liverpool, Manly, Penrith. These should be the three priorities in that order.
theyll never move there full time. the 2 years was a mistake and management knows that now.
the people voted with their feet and wallets, covid aside.

ground zero

Juniors
now if we could put down that piece of pie in the sky for a seconmd & step back into the real world

we don't have a bottomless pitt of money
the stadium project is on a budget & only so much money will be spent ...
to put penrith before liverpool & leave the tigers & dogs playing at inadequate grounds instead of a 1st class rectangle venue is a worry.
I'd like everyone to have new venues too , but that aint gunna happen.
tigers an dogs will have homebush bankwest an new Sydney football stadium. So don't play in dumps then.

Last edited:

Latest posts