What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

westerntiger

Juniors
To be honest I'm staggered that we're even thinking of using this ground anymore. I don't know how you can run a club and expect them to be successful with three different home grounds. Leichhardt's days were numbered in 1995 when we rebranded as the Sydney Tigers and moved to Parra. Nothing has improved at the ground since then. Unbelievable stupidity from Lee and Pascoe

Steel Saints

Juniors

7 NRL games in Hobart.

Haha do they even know about Rugby League in Tassie.

Maybe the Tigers might sell some more home games down there and call themselves the Tassie Tigers.
So the 18th NRL team is going to Tasmania? Perth Red won’t be happy about this.

Alas, maybe what the NRL could do is stage a magic round down there.

Timbo

Staff member
Tasmania is having a massive crisis in its health, education and public housing sectors and they already have a 19,500 seat stadium in Hobart.

If they actually spend $750 million on a 23,000 seat stadium for half an AFL team they'll string the premier up from the flagpole in Salamanca Place.

I do find it interesting we've never played a single game of NRL in the state though. Lots of transplanted Northerners down there these days. Whilst Bellerive is a cricket oval there's nothing wrong with using it as a one off like we do with the stadium in Darwin.

Canard

Immortal
Tasmania is having a massive crisis in its health, education and public housing sectors and they already have a 19,500 seat stadium in Hobart.

If they actually spend $750 million on a 23,000 seat stadium for half an AFL team they'll string the premier up from the flagpole in Salamanca Place.

I do find it interesting we've never played a single game of NRL in the state though. Lots of transplanted Northerners down there these days. Whilst Bellerive is a cricket oval there's nothing wrong with using it as a one off like we do with the stadium in Darwin.

Add about 15 to 20% to that $750M given the current state of the world and supply chain.