What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Diesel

Referee
$3.4b for Vic Park will blow out, you have the unions, their preferred suppliers and all the other BS that goes with it. It’d be way north of 4b when finished.

reduce the Gabba to a NZ/English style boutique 25k stadium with picket fence and a hill after 2032, and those singlet wearing goons can have QSAC or f**k off out of Brisbane if they don’t like it

reanimate

Bench
Do you seriously think that if the Miles Government scraped back in they wouldn’t pull the pin on the Suncorp renovation. They couldn’t manage money to save themselves. You can actually want a decent oval stadium without being an AFL supporter. It’s not that difficult of a concept to understand. People need to spend a bit less time worrying about AFL and just enjoy the growth NRL is going through. People in Queensland are not that insecure about it.
Why? For a handful of cricket games?

No thanks, the money is far better off spent on rectangular sports. An upgraded Suncorp would allow us to enjoy even more NRL growth, a new oval or upgraded Gabba serves the NRL no purpose.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why? For a handful of cricket games?

No thanks, the money is far better off spent on rectangular sports. An upgraded Suncorp would allow us to enjoy even more NRL growth, a new oval or upgraded Gabba serves the NRL no purpose.
AFL has ruined all the major cricket grounds in Australia. They are so soulless now

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Do you seriously think that if the Miles Government scraped back in they wouldn’t pull the pin on the Suncorp renovation. They couldn’t manage money to save themselves. You can actually want a decent oval stadium without being an AFL supporter. It’s not that difficult of a concept to understand. People need to spend a bit less time worrying about AFL and just enjoy the growth NRL is going through. People in Queensland are not that insecure about it.
@Jamberoo let his ugly twin brother out of the attic.

I am not an AFL fan, but this the most politically motivated short sighted decision from this pathetic Labor Government in a long time. Wasting 1.5 billion on an athletic stadium that will virtually never be used again in completely ridiculous. How many people are planning on going to an athletics meeting in their life time. Money spent on the Gabba will again be a complete waste because it’s useful life runs out in about 2030. So more wasted money. You spend how many hundreds of millions on Suncorp for a few extra thousand seats. Who gives a f@%k. It sells out maybe for State of Origin and a handful of other games a year. I would rather prefer to get good infrastructure for my city, rather than have some pretend bragging rights over a sport I could give 2 f@#ks about. Miles is a stain on humanity. If anyone thinks this decision makes him some kind a hero, they either don’t live in Queensland or are completely f#@king delusional.
What's your Big Footy username?

shewi6

Juniors
Mate, I have lived in Queensland for 36 of my 50 years, I know rugby league is our main sport and it is mine, but it is this short sighted political bullshit we get from our second rate politicians is what holds this State back.
Short sighted would be spending billions of dollars for a f**king afl stadium in brisbane and to keep a test match we are in no danger of losing regardless of what CA says.

As it is now, Brisbane is getting its world class stadium (70k suncorp) that will be utilised by multiple sports and the real qlders will benefit not just the retired victorians.

Jamberoo

Juniors
So they are spending $500m on each of Suncorp and the Gabba? Sounds fair.

Still, a shame for Australia if they use QSAC, surely the $500m Gabba spend could include cutting a few rows of seats out at one end to fit an athletics track? Spending a single cent at QSAC is a total waste, but $1.6m for a week of athletics? If they canned QSAC they could spend an extra $800m at both Suncorp and the Gabba.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Thank god sanity has prevailed and they didn't listen to the Quirk(y) review.

Double bonus is a bigger and better suncorp for derbies and origin, plus the fumblers don't get their gold-platinum-unobtanium plated stadium.

Happy days 😁😁😁
Ah well, at least the AFL'ers got some good news today - jumping up and down & getting excited about the branding reveal for the super lucrative market of.. uhh.. Tasmania. ;)

shewi6

Juniors
Ah well, at least the AFL'ers got some good news today - jumping up and down & getting excited about the branding reveal for the super lucrative market of.. uhh.. Tasmania. ;)
It might be short lived as that team is only guaranteed entry if another excessively overpriced stadium gets built and that is looking as likely as the olympics being held at the gabba 😅

So they are spending $500m on each of Suncorp and the Gabba? Sounds fair.

Still, a shame for Australia if they use QSAC, surely the $500m Gabba spend could include cutting a few rows of seats out at one end to fit an athletics track? Spending a single cent at QSAC is a total waste, but $1.6m for a week of athletics? If they canned QSAC they could spend an extra $800m at both Suncorp and the Gabba.
If they're going to spend that much on QSAC then it needs to host an annual IAAF event.

Wb1234

Referee
what’s wrong with the gabba as it is to host the athletics as it’s the right shape and good capacity with Suncorp getting the opening and closing ceremonies

spending more than 500 million on the old anz stadium will be a huge waste given how often it’s used

what’s wrong with the gabba as it is to host the athletics as it’s the right shape and good capacity with Suncorp getting the opening and closing ceremonies

spending more than 500 million on the old anz stadium will be a huge waste given how often it’s used
QSAC could host Big Bash games.

Latest posts