What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How do you know that ?

surely the politicians proposing this actually checked the dimensions available first ?
It’s pretty simple, Google maps has an inbuilt feature where you can measure the distance between two points on a map. I measured Commbank stadium for reference for a similar sized stadium to what they’re proposing, it’s 220m x 180m.
then I measured the proposed site, there simply isn’t the space to fit that in there. The renders posted are a joke, they show a structure that’s about 150m long max. A stadium of that capacity on that site would look about twice as big as that.

try it and see for yourself.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

Bob Carr gave me the biggest laugh in the history of political press one liners.

On speed cameras with warning signs - "I've been informed that motorists slow down before they reach the speed camera then once they pass it they speed up again". Like he was in shock this could happen. Haha, couldn't stop laughing at him.

That was the whole point of them. To slow traffic down in speed hot spots for safety reasons.

Thanks for your input Bob.

Vee

First Grade

Bob Carr gave me the biggest laugh in the history of political press one liners.

On speed cameras with warning signs - "I've been informed that motorists slow down before they reach the speed camera then once they pass it they speed up again". Like he was in shock this could happen. Haha, couldn't stop laughing at him.

That was the whole point of them. To slow traffic down in speed hot spots for safety reasons.

Thanks for your input Bob.

I can beat that. Up in Cairns we have what are referred to as Parkies, alcoholic itinerants who just want to drink grog in public places at the taxpayers expense. When they get drunk, the fights start, injuries occur tying up police, QAS and hospital beds, they steal from and disrupt local businesses. abuse locals and tourists alike and generally lower the tone dramatically in a town dependent on tourism.

A number of years ago, local Labor member Desley Boyle suggested getting them weaving indigenous craft items for sale at markets might be a way out of the problem.

Last edited:
I can beat that. Up in Cairns we have what are referred to as Parkies, alcoholic itinerants who just want to drink grog in public places at the taxpayers expense. When they get drunk, the fights start, injuries occur tying up police, QAS and hospital beds, they steal from and disrupt local businesses. abuse locals and tourists alike and generally lower the tone dramatically in a town dependent on tourism.
Souths supporters really are everywhere, aren't they

Latest posts