What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is great news for the Cowboys, their crowds have dropped from 20k to 14k and Thurston won't be around much longer, a new stadium with decent facilities could be their saviour when Thurston retires and it becomes even harder for them to get people at games.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'd think in a humid place like nq getting some breeze through the place would be preferrable?

They'd be used to the heat. It a waste of space and seating area.
We just don't really know how to design good stadiums in this country.
Lang Park is about the only one, and even then they couldn't keep it uniform and maximize capacity.
Gold Coast isn't too bad, but again, they wasted parts of the corners.
We have so much to learn in this country.

Suity

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lang Park is about the only one, and even then they couldn't keep it uniform and maximize capacity.

Suity

Capacity is not everything. Quality is far more important.

Those seats would have been shit and they would have had to lose seats in better locations to accommodate the screens.

Im just glad the north and south ends are decent sizes. a totally enclosed ground really keeps the atmosphere in and creates an ominous-cathedral feel. THAT is the thing Aussie stadiums need to take on...

Canard

Immortal

Suity

AAMI Park is great. Not a bad seat in the place

beave

Coach

Suity

The bit about lang park, are you referring to the western stand being slightly different to thenrest of the ground mate?

beave

Coach
With the cowbs stadium, the original renderings 5 years ago showed it in the railyards and a robina feel like to it, then they decided they didnt want to move the railyards and then showed the stadium across the road and closer to the ross river and also changed the stadium pics to what you guys have recently been posting. Now it seems they are going to actually move the railyards so the stadium will go back to the original spot so I'd say they will adjust/change the stadium design yet again. The pics with the open northern end , this is to enable a new entertainment centre to be tacked on at a later date when theres more $$$$$ to spend. If they do infact press on with the open northern end, the simple solution for the time being is to put a hill there.

This would give you solutions to 2 problems, one it enables that area to be used and functional

2) it appeases the bogan/inbred masses that still want a hill in their life........... Trust me, there's clowns up there threatening to boycott attending the joint if there's no hil......... Sigh

oikee

Juniors
With the cowbs stadium, the original renderings 5 years ago showed it in the railyards and a robina feel like to it, then they decided they didnt want to move the railyards and then showed the stadium across the road and closer to the ross river and also changed the stadium pics to what you guys have recently been posting. Now it seems they are going to actually move the railyards so the stadium will go back to the original spot so I'd say they will adjust/change the stadium design yet again. The pics with the open northern end , this is to enable a new entertainment centre to be tacked on at a later date when theres more $$$$$ to spend. If they do infact press on with the open northern end, the simple solution for the time being is to put a hill there.

This would give you solutions to 2 problems, one it enables that area to be used and functional

2) it appeases the bogan/inbred masses that still want a hill in their life........... Trust me, there's clowns up there threatening to boycott attending the joint if there's no hil......... Sigh

Haha, Boycott. You have to laugh. Look forget all that boycotting, once they have a couple of XXXX's and find out they are nevil nobodies on their own while all the other fans are enjoying a nice new complex, they will quickly follow the sheep.

I live the fact they are building a true rectangle ground. Sydney is still to announce a new rectangle ground for the west.
I mean how long is it going to take, let's hope it not a baddereys airport wait.

Queensland would have built a international airport and a 30 thousand rectangle for the Cows before Sydney has woken up. What are they waiting for, the second coming.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I can never take this threat seriously...

For every person that actually does boycott becasue there is not grass option (this being a fraction of those that threaten to; hill-lovers are usually the hardcore fans that will showup as long at their team is on the field) there are several that wont go BECAUSE of the hill.

In a choice between world class facilities and a dirt patch with a portaloo and venders in tents, the quiet majority (those that go for the atmosphere and experience as much as the game itself) will place the sheltered stadium and even the couch at home over a potential mud pile.

This isnt to say that hills are all bad (I was a Steelers kid; i love the Win Stadium hill as much as anyone and more than most), but the hill NEEDS to be the designers first choice and not just a cost cutting inclusion or a conservative dread of anything different to what they are used to.

Even if a few do stop attending because their choice of seating is limited to plastic, the overall cost benefit is rarely (if ever) worth pandering to them in place of a not-crazy-person....

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lol. Theres 3 sides all seaters and people wont go because one end has a hill? Pull the other one mate.

No, that was me wandering into the debate of "should we stay at Leichhart/Brooky/Kogarah or Move to an all seater? what if we lose a few of our members? ahhh!!"

I was arguing that you will, IN GENERAL, make up for any lost patrons due to the lack of hills with an X fold gain from having non-archaic facilities...

Perth Red

Post Whore
The reason being we don't play any Sydney teams at the ground anymore, what are the chooks crowds for Titans, Warriors, Cowboys etc

The reason being fans from sydney clubs are more likely to turn up to Sfs or anz than koograh so makes sense to boost crowds by playing sydney games at those grounds. If there were 20k Dragons fans you wouldn't need to move any games. As is the 13k fans need supplementing by away fans for the sydney derbies, hence the stadium choice.

Latest posts