What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The reason being fans from sydney clubs are more likely to turn up to Sfs or anz than koograh so makes sense to boost crowds by playing sydney games at those grounds. If there were 20k Dragons fans you wouldn't need to move any games. As is the 13k fans need supplementing by away fans for the sydney derbies, hence the stadium choice.

Not fair to say they have 13k fans. Everu sydney club has more fans than what turns up at the gate. And those that dont are for a variety of reasons so there is no one size fits all solution. For clubs like the dragons and tigers a mix of stadia like they have now is porbably the beat prospect foe growth in crowds and memberships. Although i do think wollongong should be at least 5 games a season, from memory it only had 3 or 4 last season?

insert.pause

First Grade
One step forward, two steps back with this stadium, the NRL will now have to start lobbying Labor to increase their commitment, can't blame the NRL really, I don't think anyone would have expected the LNP to lose with such a large majority in one term. Good thing they have Andrew Fraser on staff, should make it pretty seamless.

axl rose

Bench
What is Sokkas average up there, 6 thousand? bit of a waste just for some concerts

Last edited:
A pointless stadium wanting a pointless upgrade. No doubt they will get the 30mil they want while other stadiums that get way more use fall apart.

alien

Referee
might not be a waste if there are more nrl games there, or if there is a central coast team there in the future. . .

might not be a waste if there are more nrl games there, or if there is a central coast team there in the future. . .

In the minimal chance there would ever be another CC team, the stadium is well and truly large enough to cater for the crowds they would get.

Even if more teams took games there the stadium is big enough. There is absolutely no need for it:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a-league-in-2016/story-fnp0lyn3-1227211561696

SYDNEY’S UNHOLY ALLIANZ
SIX NRL clubs could be forced to play home games at Allianz Stadium if chief executive Dave Smith is successful in lobbying for a new 65,000-seat stadium at Moore Park.
To convince the government to fund the project, Smith has given a guarantee that it would become the new home of rugby league and be used in similar fashion to the AFL at the MCG and Etihad. Clubs forced to abandon their traditional old home grounds could include Manly, Cronulla, Wests Tigers, Souths and St George Illawarra who would join the Roosters as joint tenants. I texted Smith on Saturday for his comments on the situation but he did not reply

alien

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a-league-in-2016/story-fnp0lyn3-1227211561696

SYDNEY?S UNHOLY ALLIANZ
SIX NRL clubs could be forced to play home games at Allianz Stadium if chief executive Dave Smith is successful in lobbying for a new 65,000-seat stadium at Moore Park.
To convince the government to fund the project, Smith has given a guarantee that it would become the new home of rugby league and be used in similar fashion to the AFL at the MCG and Etihad. Clubs forced to abandon their traditional old home grounds could include Manly, Cronulla, Wests Tigers, Souths and St George Illawarra who would join the Roosters as joint tenants. I texted Smith on Saturday for his comments on the situation but he did not reply

how can they force them to play there???

Perth Red

Post Whore
By offering a shed load of money. End of days clubs are just looking for the best deal. Good move, it would be a far superior stadium to anz. Only 45k empty seats instead of 65k!

alien

Referee
By offering a shed load of money. End of days clubs are just looking for the best deal. Good move, it would be a far superior stadium to anz. Only 45k empty seats instead of 65k!

All clubs are looking for the best deal. That's why Rabbitohs play at ANZ Stadium instead of Allianz Stadium.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

And thats assuming crowds remain constant....

We can also assume a bust due to away and neutral fans attending due to the stadium being one they visit already and know well.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
All clubs are looking for the best deal. That's why Rabbitohs play at ANZ Stadium instead of Allianz Stadium.

I think we can also assume that the ARLC will arrange some contribution in construction in exchange for a say and even future ownership, meaning tenant arangements will be more generous.
(Thats not even considering a discount due to collective bargaining)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe rather than moving clubs wholesale the NRL should schedule a Friday night and Sunday early evening blockbuster to be played at Allianz every week? That would be a guaranteed 52 games for the stadium plus all Sydney finals. Make these games events and free to anyone with a ticketed membership to an NRL club. Fill the joint twice a week.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Maybe rather than moving clubs wholesale the NRL should schedule a Friday night and Sunday early evening blockbuster to be played at Allianz every week? That would be a guaranteed 52 games for the stadium plus all Sydney finals. Make these games events and free to anyone with a ticketed membership to an NRL club. Fill the joint twice a week.

TBF, this report is from Sloth, so take this proposal of clubs in wholesale moves with multiple grains of salt....

The commission has said "Right game, Right venue", so that kind of structure (blockbusters every week is preset times/places) is likely once they regain control of the season from the TV stations.

Card Shark

Immortal
They gunna build a new train line there & continue it through to manly?

I just don't see why we have to rationalise grounds so significantly.

Maybe it's the first step of merging...

Latest posts