What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

beave

Coach
Not that i want to see it personally, but that northern open end needs to have a hill on it to cater for those trapped in the 1980's. There's people up there that dont want to see this stadium, very small minded my fellow NQers can be at times

Canard

Immortal
I take heart that these concepts end up being nothing like the finished product.

There is no way any stadium will be built without seating behind one end of the ground.

Last edited:

Son of Minto

Bench
This is the mock from their website (http://www.stadiumentertainmentcentre.com/)

3.jpg

unforgiven

Bench
I take heard that these concepts end up being nothing like the finished product.

There is no way any stadium will be built without seating behind one end of the ground.

Except for the stadium at Gosford, but there is a logical reason for that.

Stinkler

Juniors
I take heard that these concepts end up being nothing like the finished product.

I think the "stand alone" grandstand at the far end in this picture in the post by Son of Minto is the one missing in the picture posted by The Voice of Reason.

I believe this grandstand will not be built until the "Entertainment Centre" is built at a "later date" on the wide open spaces you see in the first picture.

Maybe?

insert.pause

First Grade
LNP pledges $150m to Townsville stadium

Queensland's Liberal National Party is now expecting more cash than the forecast $37 billion from leasing state assets.

Premier Campbell Newman announced $150 million in funding for a new stadium complex in Townsville on Wednesday.

The funding hinges on the LNP's state asset leasing program, but Mr Newman says the government strongly believes they will receive more than the expected amount from privatising state assets.

'I'm only going to talk conceptually about it, but yes, the discussions the deputy premier, myself and the treasurer had is that we will see more money going to debt reduction and more, if you like, going to the pool for job creating infrastructure,' he said.

Mr Newman said the LNP's plan was crucial for the future economy of the city, which is currently based around one of Australia's largest army bases and its commercial port.

He said it wasn't just a stadium, set to host North Queensland Cowboys rugby league matches, because a wider plan included a residential and commercial complex, which would revitalise the southside of the CBD.

However, there is still a shortfall in funding because the government plans to contribute $150 million and the overall project will cost $210 million.

The premier is confident interested parties like the city council and NRL, as well as private sector involvement, will cover the remaining $60 million.

'That's what we're doing in the future,' Mr Newman said.

Local Government Minister David Crisafulli also took a swipe at Labor's pledge of $100 million for the project because it did not include an urban renewal project.

'The opposition flopped into town, picked a number out of the sky, had no way of paying for it, and had absolutely no vision about how they would energise the private sector to come on the journey and make this more than just one announcement,' he said.
- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...-townsville-stadium.html#sthash.k5hrOfaw.dpuf

insert.pause

First Grade
NEW HOME GROUND FOR THE COWBOYS?
Cowboys
January 14, 2015

THE North Queensland Cowboys could be playing out of a new stadium in the near future following Queensland Premier Campbell Newman’s $150 million pledge for a new sports and entertainment precinct in Townsville’s CBD, should the Liberal Party win the state election.

Newman made the announcement on Wednesday in Townsville and said the project would help breathe new life into the city.

“This project will revolutionise Townsville’s sport and entertainment facilities and be a catalyst for further urban renewal of old industrial land near Ross Creek,” Newman told the Townsville Bulletin.

“It is a long-time plan to rejuvenate the city in the mould of Newstead in Brisbane and Docklands in Melbourne.

“We will now work with the NRL and the local council to deliver this for Townsville.”

The news was met with great enthusiasm from the Cowboys, who backed the plan.

“This is great news for our club and gives us tremendous hope that this project will be completed in the not-to-distant future,” Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain said.

“It’s especially gratifying that we now have bipartisan support for the proposed stadium, which is part of wider urban renewal plans for inner-city Townsville.

“There’s no doubt that turning these ideas into reality is very important for the future of the Cowboys, the city and North Queensland as a whole as the Premier outlined this morning.

“We look forward to continuing to work closely with the various stakeholders in the proposal and highlighting the value this new precinct will bring.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/new-home-ground-for-cowboys/

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I don't live in Townsville but I think it is extremely poor form from the Cowboys to be involved in what amounts to advertising for the LNP