What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

oikee

Juniors
i think the sharks should move to the sfs.
we would get 8k anyway, get more money and knock down the cursed ground and build houses on it.

The sharks and titans are monday nite teams.
Until they grow their fanbase and improve their image, they should be confined to mondays.
Besides. They are the best teams to show on a Monday.
Some of the best games i have watched have involved the sharks and titans beating top teams on these nights.

The tigers and dragons are wasted on these timeslots, the last game was one of the worst monday night games in our history, dragons tigers.
Boring crap.

undertaker

Coach
The Brookvale redevelopment plan looks nice, but will NEVER happen whilst

1) that area isn't a marginal seat
2) Manly remains the only tennant. In the eyes of the governments, there's no benefit in funding a ground where one professional sports team plays there.

applesauce

Bench
The Brookvale redevelopment plan looks nice, but will NEVER happen whilst

1) that area isn't a marginal seat
2) Manly remains the only tennant. In the eyes of the governments, there's no benefit in funding a ground where one professional sports team plays there.

The story does say it is all private funding (predominately developers). The government only has to approve the skyscrapers which is probably slim to nil.

I was actually surprised just how many seats appear to be under cover at ANZ. Had a good look Friday night and it's not as open as I thought.

They had an Origin match there in 1999 or 2000 (iirc) where it rained during the game (I know I was at the game). It was said afterwards in the press coverage that more than 70% of the seats at ANZ Stadium are under cover. Far better than the SFS.

They had an Origin match there in 1999 or 2000 (iirc) where it rained during the game (I know I was at the game). It was said afterwards in the press coverage that more than 70% of the seats at ANZ Stadium are under cover. Far better than the SFS.

The wings were still on the ground then so absolutely no way 70% could be covered

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They wouldn't get any more anywhere else in Sydney or if the ground didn't have a hill. The question is is it worth spending the millions of dollars to get rid of a hill if a team is only getting 8,000 anyway?

At which point you then ask:

Is the team worth keeping in the competition? If there are only 8k people that care, its not a huge lose compared the the 15-20k that could be gained with a team in Perth...

And if then you say "but there are all of the fans at home to consider", the question becomes:

Does it matter to these fans where their team plays if they are just watching from their couch? Or could the game have been in Sydney CBD or somewhere else around the country....

Canard

Immortal

You recall a lot of "facts" from press conferences and coverage that is from 15 years and 30 years ago mate, its probably not the most reliable source of facts.

JonnoM

Juniors
ANZ is a dog for our code.
Unless it is a blockbuster over 50 thousand, we should refuse to use the white elephant.

This is just getting old hat.

ANZ Stadium has had 2 games in 2015 and averaging 28k
Brookvale-10k
Canberra -8k
Campbelltown-12k
Shark Park-10k
Kogarah-10k

but ANZ is the dog for the code???

No wonder Souths and Bulldog fans are happy to be there.

big hit!

Bench

Brookvale-10k
Canberra -8k
Campbelltown-12k
Shark Park-10k
Kogarah-10k

I live in the South Sydney district. I'd prefer they play at Moore Park. I have only gone to finals and the rare regular season match since they've moved to Olympic Park.

Granted, I accept that the move has been fantastic from a financial aspect, and that as Souths are a metropolitan-wide club, many supporters find it easier to attend home matches at the central location.

The wings were still on the ground then so absolutely no way 70% could be covered

I said that was how the press were reporting it. Were they correct? I would not know.

I do know that I was at the game, sitting in the second row from the front of the top tier of the eastern grand stand and that my friends and I did not get wet despite it pissing down with rain for much of the night.

Brookvale-10k
Canberra -8k
Campbelltown-12k
Shark Park-10k
Kogarah-10k

Any idea how many members ANZ Stadium has?

I know a few ANZ members who are Panthers fans (even though they live in the inner west), and they'll go to random games at ANZ (ie when the panthers aren't playing there) simply because they have a ticket. And its these kind of patrons that ANZ brings to the table. Now whether this is 2 people, 2000 people or somewhere in between, who knows, but they're extra bums on seats that never would have been at the game at any other stadium.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its a lot cheaper to build a flat pack like Skilled park than to upgrade existing grounds. Flat pack full stdium only cost $160mill, we spent $120million getting 1/2 of nib upgraded.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My experience is it usually the first 10-50 rows depending on design of bottom tier that ends up soaked. Given these seats usually sell at premium prices it is ridiculous. Even at AMMI, which is a great stadium, we ended up moving form our $50 seats to $20 seats behind the sticks as we were getting soaked. Suncorp, SFS, ANZ, AAMI I've got wet at them all, you would think it would teach me to go for cheaper seats!

Suitman

Post Whore
I live in the South Sydney district. I'd prefer they play at Moore Park. I have only gone to finals and the rare regular season match since they've moved to Olympic Park.

Granted, I accept that the move has been fantastic from a financial aspect, and that as Souths are a metropolitan-wide club, many supporters find it easier to attend home matches at the central location.

I have lived at Concord West for the past 18 months. A train to Central takes 23 minutes. It's a 20 minute walk to Allianz.

Therefore, if coming from the city, it's a 23 minute train trip to Concord West, then a 20 minute walk to ANZ through Bi-Centennial Park, the same as the walk from Central to Allianz. Why do you think Allianz is a more central location?
I would dare to suggest that ANZ is the more central location as South's fans are spread far and wide.

Suity

Last edited:

alien

Referee

come to the games :) it doesn't take long from the south sydney district :)

yeah back then stadium australia offered the better deal but if the sfs gets upgraded and offer a better deal next time then maybe souths will go back to the sfs. i wonder if souths would get more money if they played half of their home games at the sfs and the other half at stadium australia..

BunniesMan

Immortal
My experience is it usually the first 10-50 rows depending on design of bottom tier that ends up soaked. Given these seats usually sell at premium prices it is ridiculous. Even at AMMI, which is a great stadium, we ended up moving form our $50 seats to $20 seats behind the sticks as we were getting soaked. Suncorp, SFS, ANZ, AAMI I've got wet at them all, you would think it would teach me to go for cheaper seats!
You need to harden up. You're watching footy and you can't handle a bit of rain?

big hit!

Bench
I have lived at Concord West for the past 18 months. A train to Central takes 23 minutes. It's a 20 minute walk to Allianz.

Therefore, if coming from the city, it's a 23 minute train trip to Concord West, then a 20 minute walk to ANZ through Bi-Centennial Park, the same as the walk from Central to Allianz. Why do you think Allianz is a more central location?
I would dare to suggest that ANZ is the more central location as South's fans are spread far and wide.

Suity

That's what I said. Central location as in central within the metropolitan, not Central Station.