What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

fourplay

Juniors
I think the most underrated thing any stadium can do that greatly enhances viewing is building the 1st row of a grandstand at an above ground level elevation, like old WIN stadium. If that happens then every seat is awesome from the front row to the top.

St Mary's Western Weekender is built like this and it makes a massive difference.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You need to harden up. You're watching footy and you can't handle a bit of rain?

50 bucks to sit in the rain? No thanks. In england they have enough sense to put a roof over the fans! Having said that standing on the terraces of odsal in winter was the coldest I've ever been!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Watching the game at Brookie. The corner of the stadium to the right of where the main broadcast camera is, why on earth did they build that corner bigger than the sideline grandstand? This isn't soccer, nobody wants to sit where their biggest stand is. This is rugby league. The best seats are on each sideline. They should have saved their money and spent it on building up the sideline stands.

carcharias

Immortal
I disagree
I spent years as a season ticket holder on the half way line.
Every try scored is at the other end of the feild .

The last few years I have sat in the stand behind the posts.
The view is heaps better .
I was very sceptical at first but I am convinced The end with an awesome view shits all over halfway with a shit view.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The view is good for half the action. The overall view is much better at the halfway line. Not the front row but 10-15 rows back is the sweetspot.

carcharias

Immortal
f**k you are clueless.

I have done both and have plenty of photos to prove my point.

Sitting in the middle you are constantly looking at the back of the action at the other end of the feild when it matters.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I am an ends man.

I appreciate seeing the width of play.

It depends on the quality of grandstand.....

Is the options are hills (low angle) the end view is terrible. But given a good angle (Suncorp, Win) the ends are much better to see the ball move across the field and the impact with each hit.

GOD, ive missed football!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
You guys are very much in the minority. The most expensive tickets are on the sides and they always sell more than the cheaper end tickets.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As you get older you appreciate the 50m seats more! Depends on the stands but if a decent steepness either usually afford good different perspectives. I usually go 50m, especially at anz where your miles from the field and the stands are shallow pitch.

carcharias

Immortal
Haha
Two experts telling me where I should sit to watch footy.
One lives on the other side of the country where they don't even play the game

And the other has probably never set foot inside a footy ground in his weird demented sad little life.

pHyR3

Juniors
on halfway 5-10 rows back is definitely the sweetspot.

sat at level 4 ANZ today, was pretty good but obviously with it being oval you're pretty far away from the action.

sat at either end many times, it's good for half the game if youre near the front especially but when theyre at the other side youre left staring at the screen.

pHyR3

Juniors
if the eels and manly can get their shit sorted privately through apartments and what not, it'd help out Sydney RL quite a bit.

the rest can probably play out of a new 40k roofed western sydney stadium or allianz.

whats shark park like these days? new apartments helped the stadium facilities out at all?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
if the eels and manly can get their shit sorted privately through apartments and what not, it'd help out Sydney RL quite a bit.

the rest can probably play out of a new 40k roofed western sydney stadium or allianz.

whats shark park like these days? new apartments helped the stadium facilities out at all?

its supposed to during phase 3.

so give it about 20 years and shark park might reach 25k.... :roll::roll:

Latest posts