What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

alien

Referee
Come on 8k at cronulla tonight. Clearly suburban grounds with hills are what RL fans are crying out for!

i prefer seats too, but i don't think that was the reason for the low crowd last night because i watched it on tv and saw heaps of empty seats, so its not like people who wanted a seat couldn't get one

pHyR3

Juniors
i prefer seats too, but i don't think that was the reason for the low crowd last night because i watched it on tv and saw heaps of empty seats, so its not like people who wanted a seat couldn't get one

how do you know if they were GA or reserved? lots of people dont wanna pay that extra 10-15 bucks a ticket, probably more, for those seats

alien

Referee
What do you think will happen to the Sharks in ~fifteen years time when they're still plugging away with 10-15K crowds at a dilapidated Shark Park? Sarcasm won't help them when the NRL decides to drop them back down like the Bears and Newtown.

15k aint that bad. by then they will probably be financially stronger and will probably be able to afford some upgrades to the stadium that they already own. when their team goes better, more of their supporters will show up

alien

Referee
I dont think rugby league in queensland will be around much longer if they dont start growing the code.

We have the titians on life support, we have the cows being beaten up by origin teams like the roosters, and we have the broncos who have been left to wither and carry the load now for 8 years without looking like recovering from pub-team status.

The NRL is only 3 teams away from being a Sydney comp.
Storm Warriors and Broncos.
Once it becomes a sydney comp the game is over.

i don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious. titans, broncos, cowboys aren't going anywhere. there will be a second brisbane team soon (which will mean a game at suncorp every faking week), so chill out :cool:

alien

Referee
how do you know if they were GA or reserved? lots of people dont wanna pay that extra 10-15 bucks a ticket, probably more, for those seats

they might need to make tickets a bit cheaper then, although i thought all those good seats would have been taken through memberships. maybe they didn't turn up, or left early, because of bad weather

Last edited:

pHyR3

Juniors
they might need to make tickets a bit cheaper then, although i thought all those good seats would have been taken through memberships. maybe they didn't turn up, or left early, because of bad weather

so GA is currently around $20-25 prepurchased. Reserved is around $40.

they seem like very reasonable prices to me, and even cheaper as a member.

i pay just over $20 a game for reserved seats at the tigers for 8 games plus 3 free away ANZ games in nice seats.

people need to stop whinging about 'food prices' and 'ticket prices.' sign the hell up as a member, bring your own food and catch the train/bus. especially those sydney sooks.

oikee

Juniors
i don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious. titans, broncos, cowboys aren't going anywhere. there will be a second brisbane team soon (which will mean a game at suncorp every faking week), so chill out :cool:

Your right, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
3 Pub-teams on life support thanks to a lop-sided code.

The Warriors who should be the hardest team in the comp to beat, are being pumped every year.
They need another team, Brisbane need some city rivalry.
Our code is becoming stale and boring, and Queensland teams are like watching pub-teams. they would struggle in the Q-cup.

Hold the phone, another video ref no try to the storm.
The refs are killing this faking code.
Award the try and put the decisions in the hands of the captains in the captains challenge.

It works in the NFL and the under 20's comp, 2 comps that are free flowing.

The only stadium we will need is a museum stadium for relics and dinosaurs of sport. To seat 500.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol you want to mKe Qland teams stronger by diluting the fanbase,,sponsorships player strength by adding more teams? I am sure there is some logic in your argument somewhere?

carcharias

Immortal
Are you blokes crying for all teams to play out of a stadium watching this ?

Laughable.

There is about 40 people behind the posts.
Souths and roosters

Imagine two lesser supported teams.

pHyR3

Juniors
Are you blokes crying for all teams to play out of a stadium watching this ?

Laughable.

There is about 40 people behind the posts.
Souths and roosters

Imagine two lesser supported teams.

no we want all teams to play in reasonably sized professional stadiums.

not crapholes like Brookie and leichardt and not caverns like ANZ.

a roofed stadium of around 40k.

it'll be hard to implement however, but hopefully they roof Allianz, run a tram line there for Dragons and Chooks and build another 40k stadium out west for Dogs, Tigers, Penrith, Eels.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone agrees anz is as poor for club nrl as suburban grounds. The one advantage is at least it attracts big crowds. Imagine Friday night and today's crowd in a aami style centralised 40k stadium. The place would be rocking and everyone would want to return for the next event. At the moment the games heartland has virtually no decent stadiums for the game. It's a disgrace and sydney, nsw govt and nrl should be ashamed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've not been to any australian stadium where the roof actually covers the whole stand. Even when they put a roof on Allianz they'll find a way of ensuring the first twenty rows still get wet!

roughyedspud

Coach
you lot need to chuck one or two of these up.....a cheap as chips "flatpack" stadium

leicesterstadiumaerial-ba10787.jpg

Southampton-FC-Stadium-4.jpg

leichardt is ripe for plonking a simple "flatpack" stadium on it.....

bottle

Coach
I've not been to any australian stadium where the roof actually covers the whole stand. Even when they put a roof on Allianz they'll find a way of ensuring the first twenty rows still get wet!

Anzac Day game last year, Allianz, pouring with rain. Sitting under the stand, under cover. There was a leak that was absolutely pouring down into one seat and splashing anyone with 1m of it. I'd have been spewing if it was mine.

big hit!

Bench
They wouldn't get any more anywhere else in Sydney or if the ground didn't have a hill. The question is is it worth spending the millions of dollars to get rid of a hill if a team is only getting 8,000 anyway?

basically.

if the game was good, it would attract the crowds. rugby league is a divisive game......loved by those who revel in toughness, loathed by others who believe the human race has evolved from raw aggression. and even those like me who enjoy the sport tune out over a long tedious season of endless games.

fact is, the administrators of rugby league have not made crowd attendance the major focus of growth, otherwise, there would be many more day games scheduled over the course of the season. rugby league is very much a night game based on quantity, suited for a TV audience and TV dollars. in turn, the admin has made it too easy for folks to take the easy option and stay home.

the major sports around the world ensure that they protect crowd numbers. NFL has coverage black outs, EPL plays most games in a cold winter during the day. These Leagues regularly sell out stadiums which are bigger than the average NRL venue, and where ticket and membership prices are higher than the average NRL ticket/membership price.

we are a country of 25m where the sport is followed in a population zone of half that number, and then half it again for the folks in that region who actually give a shit and half it again for people who actively follow.

30-40k crowds week-on-week is a tough gig to maintain even with new whizzbag stadiums. but there is this ridiculous mentality in this country propagated by fools such as beetroot head that if just one game is fills a stadium to capacity, then it should be moved/new stadium built.

oikee

Juniors
ANZ is a dog for our code.
Unless it is a blockbuster over 50 thousand, we should refuse to use the white elephant.