What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Luv Beaver

Juniors
Breaking News - Australian Politics has remembered that Sydney has a area called the Northern Beaches. The Government has promised $1000.00 towards an of upgrade Brookvale Oval. The funding is a joint venture between the Federal & State Governments. The Governments said it would like to spend more but they are not able too as they too busy spending money on swinging seats where they can actually gain some political advantage such as Wollongong, Kogarah and Penrith.

Graham Lowe has pledged to use the money wisely and and build a 3 meter path so that you are able to visit 1% of Brookvale Oval with wearing any gum boots after 10mm of rain.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
How would you feel if the government were to build a purpose built RL ground out of the Homebush site? As we all know, they are spending millions on upgrading the showground but there is still no dedicated RL ground. If something like below were to be built in the future then we will have 82,500 ANZ stadium for all sports, 25,000 Showground for aerial ping pong and cricket and 50,000 for RL/soccer

Would you attend more games at Homebush if something like this were to be built?

* Please excuse the dodgy image, it was done in MSpaint!

S.jpg

I personally think the SFS is one of the better stadiums to watch a game at, the showgrounds was sh*t. I reckon there's no need for a new stadium at Homebush, the capacity wouldn't be enough to accommodate a big crowd and I personally hate club games at Homebush. IMO the dogs should be back at Belmore, and Souths at Redfern or the SFS at worst

Bay City

Juniors
Breaking News - Australian Politics has remembered that Sydney has a area called the Northern Beaches and has promised $1000.00 towards a upgrade Brookvale Oval. Graham Lowe has pledged to use the money wisely and you will be finally able to purchase a cold beer at Brookvale Oval within 30mins.

Typo or sarcasm?

Panfas

Juniors
I personally think the SFS is one of the better stadiums to watch a game at, the showgrounds was sh*t. I reckon there's no need for a new stadium at Homebush, the capacity wouldn't be enough to accommodate a big crowd and I personally hate club games at Homebush. IMO the dogs should be back at Belmore, and Souths at Redfern or the SFS at worst
SFS is a b*tch to form most of greater Sydney, light rail is desperatly needed. IMO a dedicated 50k stadium out of Homebush makes sense and it is easy to get to. Parra, Bulldogs & Wests can play out of it permanently with Souths moving back to the city.

Danish

Referee
I feel like a 50,000 seat stadium at Homebush would be a complete waste of money which would simply cannibalise ANZ stadium's money and turn it into a white elephant (ANZ could not survive on 1-2 origin games, 1-2 finals games and a half dozen AFL games alone).

As mentioned above we'd be better pressed having the bunnies move back to the SFS and the dogs getting a new stadium built somewhere else, but even then this will never happen as ANZ won't allow it. They'll continue to throw dumptrucks of money at clubs to play there and eventually we will see more clubs based there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd make it 35k. TBH a crowd of 18k in a 50k stadium looks and feels just as bad as in a 80k stadium. Any game likely to attract more than 35k can be moved to ANZ. It is going to be decades before the 3 likely users are drawing 35k+ on a weekly basis.

Also makes it about $200mill cheaper to build!

Panfas

Juniors
I'd make it 35k. TBH a crowd of 18k in a 50k stadium looks and feels just as bad as in a 80k stadium. Any game likely to attract more than 35k can be moved to ANZ. It is going to be decades before the 3 likely users are drawing 35k+ on a weekly basis.

Also makes it about $200mill cheaper to build!

I agree with this 100%. The capacity was just an example. ANZ is a terrible place to watch footy from at least half of the seats.

Panfas

Juniors
I feel like a 50,000 seat stadium at Homebush would be a complete waste of money which would simply cannibalise ANZ stadium's money and turn it into a white elephant (ANZ could not survive on 1-2 origin games, 1-2 finals games and a half dozen AFL games alone).

As mentioned above we'd be better pressed having the bunnies move back to the SFS and the dogs getting a new stadium built somewhere else, but even then this will never happen as ANZ won't allow it. They'll continue to throw dumptrucks of money at clubs to play there and eventually we will see more clubs based there.
So you dont think it already is a white elephant?

Danish

Referee
So you dont think it already is a white elephant?

It undoubtedly already is, but at least its getting some money in at the moment with a couple league teams based out of it.

Take those away and it would genuinely go broke.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
How much money would it cost to build a 50'000 seater in Homebush and would it be better off just using said money to upgrade Parra, Penrith and Campbelltown?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the upgrade of NIB is anything to go by then it would cost twice, possibly three times as much to upgrade those stadiums to 25K+ modern stadia than it would to build one new shared stadium of 35k

docbrown

Coach
I always wondered, if the Liverpool Council/Bulldogs salary cap issue never arose, we might have had a brand spanking new stadium right now out west.

Yes and you'd probably have seen Bulldogs & Tigers games being played there.

And it had a roof.

As for what someone mentioned about having 18k in a 50k stadium, check out Wembley. They actually have these blackout curtains that concentrate the amosphere for 10k crowds in that big stadium.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez things are cheaper to build overseas! Can we import some slave labour so we can build at 1/2 the normal cost?