What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

forby

Juniors
So everybody west of Parramatta gets nothing for the tax dollars while the privileged Eastern Suburbs get 2 Stadiums and Parramatta/Homebush gets 3?
Sounds really fair!
Why should Penrith have to travel >30k to play at Parramatta? They are as regional as Wollongong or Newcastle! They weren't NSW Government owned grounds but both have had a s..tload of Government money spent on them!

juro

Bench
Why should Penrith have to travel >30k to play at Parramatta? They are as regional as Wollongong or Newcastle!
Penrith is 31 km west of Parramatta.

Wollongong is 86 km south of Sydney.

Newcastle is 161 km north of Sydney.

I assume you are being intentionally obtuse...

unforgiven

Bench
So everybody west of Parramatta gets nothing for the tax dollars while the privileged Eastern Suburbs get 2 Stadiums and Parramatta/Homebush gets 3?
Sounds really fair!
Why should Penrith have to travel >30k to play at Parramatta? They are as regional as Wollongong or Newcastle! They weren't NSW Government owned grounds but both have had a s..tload of Government money spent on them!

You can not be saying that with a straight face, Penrith as regional as Wollongong or Newcastle?

forby

Juniors
Juro and Unforgiven, do either of you think it is fair to put 3 stadiums within 11km of each other and spend bucket loads on them and then expect Penrith to play home games in another city? Yes - FYI Penrith is a City in its own right!

unforgiven

Bench
Juro and Unforgiven, do either of you think it is fair to put 3 stadiums within 11km of each other and spend bucket loads on them and then expect Penrith to play home games in another city? Yes - FYI Penrith is a City in its own right!

I actually live in Penrith, well Kingswood to be exact, if Penrith want to play in the new up to date stadium then they will need to travel to do so. 30km is nothing to travel for a home game and their is no way spending a new stadium can be justified in Penrith. Parramatta is the location of the new stadium and if Penrith want to use it great, if not they can continue to use Pepper.

Lastly Spotless is not a Rugby League ground so take that out of your calculations.

Perth Red

Post Whore
30km is nothing in a big city. I live that far from the new Perth stadium in my middle suburb, maybe the WA govt will build me a stadium in Hillarys so I don't have to travel soooo far to watch professional sport lol.

juro

Bench
Calling something a city doesn't really mean anything. Sure, Penrith is a city. So is Blacktown, Campbelltown, Canada Bay, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Randwick, Ryde and Willoughby. Does that mean they all deserve a state of the art stadium? Just because Cronulla is part of a shire, should they be kicked out of the comp???

I love how the article says all stakeholders are believed to be behind it, but neither the Roosters, Waratahs nor Sydney FC have indicated support for it. As such how can the article claim all stakeholders are behind it?

Considering the SCG Trust are turning their current Gold Members Car Park into the NSWRU's High Performance Centre, I wonder if these proposals keep coming up as the trust need to find land for a new Gold Members Car Park.

Yup.

Here we f**kin go again.

*angry emoji*

Sigh... no it isn't.

Latest posts