What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Swarzey

Bench
Just watched the NFC championship game. That new Seattle stadium is stunning, designed to keep the crowd atmosphere in yet has semi open ends which would be perfect for airflow in a warm country like ours. Take a look ANZ stadium and hang your head in shame!

Would be amazing to see a stadium like that. If they end up building a new stadium in Western Sydney, it should really be one that can replace ANZ Stadium for Origin and grand finals. It's past the used-by date.

IMO, closing the ends of ANZ stadium is one of the worst ideas ever and any changes should have been made to make it less of a concrete graveyard.

LineBall

Juniors
Would be amazing to see a stadium like that. If they end up building a new stadium in Western Sydney, it should really be one that can replace ANZ Stadium for Origin and grand finals. It's past the used-by date.

IMO, closing the ends of ANZ stadium is one of the worst ideas ever and any changes should have been made to make it less of a concrete graveyard.

FMD. A Stadium that's not even 20 years old past its used by date! Good luck with that.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

The deep ends of Stadium Australia are the least of the major design flaws, from a football perspective.

Thee biggest problem in the design is how far back the main stands are.

Panfas

Juniors
Centrebet Stadium becomes Sportingbet Stadium

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/n...et-Stadium-the-new-Panthers-home-ground/89611
Penrith Panthers is pleased to announce that Sportingbet has taken over the naming rights of their home ground, which from today will be known as Sportingbet Stadium.
Sportingbet replaces its subsidiary Centrebet, after parent company William Hill Group had discussions into the two leading Australian bookmaker brands.
“Our research revealed that Sportingbet is the stronger rugby league brand and we wish to utilise that by placing additional focus on it,” Sportingbet CEO Michael Sullivan said.
“The switch to Sportingbet Stadium re-enforces our commitment to supporting and sponsoring rugby league in Australia.”
Both Sportingbet and Centrebet will continue to offer an extensive range of rugby league markets.
Panthers Head of Business Development Justin Pascoe says he’s looking forward to continuing the working relationship between the two brands.
“Panthers and William Hill Australia have had a very successful partnership to date, and I look forward to growing this even further to promote both companies in a professional and responsible manner”

so Skilled Park is now know as CBUS Plus Stadium? I don't like sporting grounds with crap names like that. I t doesn't have a good ring to it.

Penrith's change name to Sportingbet Stadium has a good sound to it. Although I don't like gambling agencies having naming rights to stadiums, it does have a good sound to it.

big hit!

Bench
so Skilled Park is now know as CBUS Plus Stadium? I don't like sporting grounds with crap names like that. I t doesn't have a good ring to it.

Penrith's change name to Sportingbet Stadium has a good sound to it. Although I don't like gambling agencies having naming rights to stadiums, it does have a good sound to it.

BRI - Lang Park
BUL - Olympic Stadium
CAN - Canberra Stadium
CRO - Endeavour Field
GC - Robina
MAN - Brookvale
MEL - Swan St
NEW - Newcastle Stadium
NQ - The Willows
NZW - Mt Smart
PAR - Parramatta Stadium
PEN - Penrith Park
SGI - Kogarah Jubilee Oval & Wollongong Stadium
SS - Olympic Stadium
SYD - SFS
WT - Leichhardt & Campbelltown

and always will be.

f**k pandering to brands & corporate naming rights. that's all this country has become - a cesspool of brands, marketing and over consumption.

Canard

Immortal
BRI - Lang Park
BUL - Olympic Stadium
CAN - Canberra Stadium
CRO - Endeavour Field
GC - Robina
MAN - Brookvale
MEL - Swan St
NEW - Newcastle Stadium
NQ - The Willows
NZW - Mt Smart
PAR - Parramatta Stadium
PEN - Penrith Park
SGI - Kogarah Jubilee Oval & Wollongong Stadium
SS - Olympic Stadium
SYD - SFS

and always will be.

f**k pandering to brands & corporate naming rights. that's all this country has become - a cesspool of brands, marketing and over consumption.

This country?

It's not just Australia mate.

There never has been a 'Wollongong Stadium.'

Also, on the Seahawks home ground. They just recently broke Besiktas' record for the highest recorded volume in a stadium

POPEYE

Coach
The Sharks may be playing out of Happy Madison Stadium . . . no, that's Adam Sandler's brand

Could imagine Sandler getting a giggle out of a football team jumping out windows with their pants down as part of training

big hit!

Bench
There never has been a 'Wollongong Stadium.'

Also, on the Seahawks home ground. They just recently broke Besiktas' record for the highest recorded volume in a stadium

Miss the point. The stadium Oz reply too.

The 'gong were once showgrounds, but I don't think you could call it that now. I don't go there.

big hit!

Bench
The Sharks may be playing out of Happy Madison Stadium . . . no, that's Adam Sandler's brand

Could imagine Sandler getting a giggle out of a football team jumping out windows with their pants down as part of training

Surely, any club admin in their right mind wouldn't take the bait, no matter how attractive the offer. I couldn't give a stuff to be honest because I don't respond to marketing by buying products I don't need, but how is it ethically different to ripping folks off via gambling or pushing ElephantJuice such as alcohol. BS community acceptance?

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm being nit picky here, but the fact you said "and always will be" suggests that these Stadiums originally had the names you provided, which in many cases were wrong!

BRI - Lang Park (not really, that was demolished)
BUL - Olympic Stadium (Stadium Australia)
CAN - Canberra Stadium
CRO - Endeavour Field (Shark Park more appropriate)
GC - Robina (no)
MAN - Brookvale
MEL - Swan St (Melbourne Rectangular Stadium was the working name)
NEW - Newcastle Stadium (no. What's wrong with Hunter Stadium?)
NQ - The Willows
NZW - Mt Smart
PAR - Parramatta Stadium
PEN - Penrith Park
SGI - Kogarah Jubilee Oval & Wollongong Stadium (no to Wollongong. It was Steelers Stadium before WIN)
SS - Olympic Stadium (Stadium Australia)
SYD - SFS

It's funny, I think it's less to do with a sponsor but more to do with the first name you ever hear for a stadium.

To me, I loved the name Marathon Stadium! Prefer it over a generic name. Also liked Ericson Stadium better than Mount Smart. Whilst I didn't love Dairy Farmers, it's just what it was. Anything else doesn't feel right.

With the new stadiums...AAMI and Skilled Parks, again they are what they are. Using a non sponsored name would be ludicrous as they don't really have one

big hit!

Bench
I'm being nit picky here, but the fact you said "and always will be" suggests that these Stadiums originally had the names you provided, which in many cases were wrong!

BRI - Lang Park (not really, that was demolished)
BUL - Olympic Stadium (Stadium Australia)
CAN - Canberra Stadium
CRO - Endeavour Field (Shark Park more appropriate)
GC - Robina (no)
MAN - Brookvale
MEL - Swan St (Melbourne Rectangular Stadium was the working name)
NEW - Newcastle Stadium (no. What's wrong with Hunter Stadium?)
NQ - The Willows
NZW - Mt Smart
PAR - Parramatta Stadium
PEN - Penrith Park
SGI - Kogarah Jubilee Oval & Wollongong Stadium (no to Wollongong. It was Steelers Stadium before WIN)
SS - Olympic Stadium (Stadium Australia)
SYD - SFS

It's funny, I think it's less to do with a sponsor but more to do with the first name you ever hear for a stadium.

To me, I loved the name Marathon Stadium! Prefer it over a generic name. Also liked Ericson Stadium better than Mount Smart. Whilst I didn't love Dairy Farmers, it's just what it was. Anything else doesn't feel right.

With the new stadiums...AAMI and Skilled Parks, again they are what they are. Using a non sponsored name would be ludicrous as they don't really have one

Apologies, I meant always will be to me. I tend to prefer using the name of the locality for the venue 9 times out of 10. They don't change. Everything else seems to at the end of the relevant contract.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

billy-madison-omg-that-is-funny-o.gif