What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

newman

First Grade
Shark Park upgrade.

sharks-concept.jpg

sharks-2.jpg

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not much of a vision stadia wise. Imo knock down the current stands and build new covered stands on touch lines and one end to enclose most of the ground. Leave the current hill end and flog it off dirt cheap each game. Aim for a seated capacity of 20k and the hill capacity on top of that

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
So from those images i can gather the Peter Burns stand will be extended from try line to try line. Surely the ET stand should be given the same treatment, then the Sharks would have a great stadium.

newman

First Grade
Not much of a vision stadia wise. Imo knock down the current stands and build new covered stands on touch lines and one end to enclose most of the ground. Leave the current hill end and flog it off dirt cheap each game. Aim for a seated capacity of 20k and the hill capacity on top of that

That would cost millions. Really isn't going to be too many changes to the existing configuration considering the current bank balance.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Very nice looking stadium and would really drive the cowboys to the next level though if anywhere could have a hill for picnics on a warm night it would be at the cowboys and would make the stadium very unique in Australia in years to come. A 25,000 seats with a modern grass hill at one end would bring the price down a fair bit and meet the needs well.

In the same way I would love to see the shed end retained at nib stadium and turned into a modern terracing standing area for the poms of Perth.

I like stadiums that recognise the quirks of the locals rather than an out of the box 4 stand meccano design.

exactly, to be perfectly honest id rather they stay at dairy farmers, but its not solely up to me, if they do move i hope they do something unique with the design instead of these aami stadium, skilled stadium suncorp boxes. if they where to go with those designs id look at perhaps putting a hill at one of the ends of the field, and someone mentioned closing off those gaps then it would just be robin or aami stadium, got to make it unique

Perth Red

Post Whore
In Perth $26mill gets you about 10 rows of seats!

They have mentioend three stands but i wouldn;t have thought there was any seat additions to be made to the two main stands without total rebuild? Maybe cosmetics on them and most spent on the end stand area?

This was from october
191429-14053614-320d-11e3-915f-4773b7e33d54.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-million-upgrade/story-fngr8huy-1226738196483

Stage three is the part most fans will be interested in, as it will add 3300 seats, 1650 at each end on the earth berms behind the existing terraces.
Mr Coleman said they were looking at how German stadiums accommodate active support for Bundesliga matches.
“They have safe seating where the seat can fold up to enable active supporters to stand, which they seem to prefer to do,” he said.
“So instead of standing on our seats, they will be on the ground. A rail at the front addresses any crowd crush.

Why bother? just put standing terracing in which is far safer, cheaper and can accomodate more people. In this model you get some stood and some sat and that can cause problems

Last edited:

seanoff

Juniors
In Perth $26mill gets you about 10 rows of seats!

They have mentioend three stands but i wouldn;t have thought there was any seat additions to be made to the two main stands without total rebuild? Maybe cosmetics on them and most spent on the end stand area?

This was from october
191429-14053614-320d-11e3-915f-4773b7e33d54.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-million-upgrade/story-fngr8huy-1226738196483

Stage three is the part most fans will be interested in, as it will add 3300 seats, 1650 at each end on the earth berms behind the existing terraces.
Mr Coleman said they were looking at how German stadiums accommodate active support for Bundesliga matches.
?They have safe seating where the seat can fold up to enable active supporters to stand, which they seem to prefer to do,? he said.
?So instead of standing on our seats, they will be on the ground. A rail at the front addresses any crowd crush.

Why bother? just put standing terracing in which is far safer, cheaper and can accomodate more people. In this model you get some stood and some sat and that can cause problems

if you understood how it worked in the Bundesliga you wouldn't make such uniformed comments.

the lock ALL THE SEATS UP, or TAKE THEM AWAY if they are using it for standing. EUFA / FIFA require all seated stadia, so they put them back in for those games where all seated stadia are rquired.

it's not f**king Yorkshire, the Germans actually think about shit before they do it.

WireMan

Bench
if you understood how it worked in the Bundesliga you wouldn't make such uniformed comments.

the lock ALL THE SEATS UP, or TAKE THEM AWAY if they are using it for standing. EUFA / FIFA require all seated stadia, so they put them back in for those games where all seated stadia are rquired.

it's not f**king Yorkshire, the Germans actually think about shit before they do it.

Having a pop about bad terracing and using Yorkshire football grounds to do it?

The scousers will be along in a sec...

Whilst not being safer (although in an emergency it is easier to get out of a normal terrace than the German style terrace), a terrace is definitely cheaper and you get more people in. It is more fun to.
Unless Perth play in a UEFA comp, their regs don't really matter, so spending extra cash to meet them seems a bit daft.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I doubt the Eels or Wanderers are going to be playing in UEFA sanctioned competitions so neither will need the capacity to convert seating to standing and vice versa, so again what's the point? Build a terrace, its cheaper and holds more. Personally I much prefer to stand at games when I don't have the kids with me but I'm an old timer that grew up on terraces so admit I am biased.

newman

First Grade
I doubt the Eels or Wanderers are going to be playing in UEFA sanctioned competitions so neither will need the capacity to convert seating to standing and vice versa, so again what's the point? Build a terrace, its cheaper and holds more. Personally I much prefer to stand at games when I don't have the kids with me but I'm an old timer that grew up on terraces so admit I am biased.

I really like the way they have configured Langtree with a mix of seating and terraces.

Langtree-Park_1343777855_495x249.png

Which is a good solution for England, where everything needs to be undercover. If people are going to stand, whats wrong with a nice grass hill? It's easier on the eye, softer underfoot and if there's a bit of room people can spread out with a picnic.

Latest posts