What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

newman

First Grade
Yeah, becasue they would never put new corporate boxes in the stands running along the sidelines under a multi-hundred million dolar redevelopment.
:lol:

One of the appeals of owning a box there is the range of sports and events you can take a client to. Our box is currently on half way for all rectangular sports and behind the bowlers arm for cricket. The suggested configuration (which is a huge pipe dream anyway) would ruin that.

PoWdErFiNgEr84

Juniors
It could never have been a rectangular stadium to start with. The athletics track for a start.

Actually, that's not correct. Man City play in the same stadium that was used for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. It consisted of a running track & was concerted into a rectangular stadium. http://www.arup.com/_assets/_download/download153.pdf

the venue for the Atlanta Olympics has been converted into a baseball stadium. And London's Olympic stadium is being converted into a rectangular stadium.

seanoff

Juniors
Actually, that's not correct. Man City play in the same stadium that was used for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. It consisted of a running track & was concerted into a rectangular stadium. http://www.arup.com/_assets/_download/download153.pdf

the venue for the Atlanta Olympics has been converted into a baseball stadium. And London's Olympic stadium is being converted into a rectangular stadium.

Londons Olympic stadium is being converted to something like ANZ. it will still be capable of hosting athletics. from West Ham.
in athletics mode
0,,12562~11790290,00.jpg

In Soccer mode
0,,12562~11790291,00.jpg

and the cross sections in both those modes. note the upper tier doesn't move. exactly like ANZ now
0,,12562~11790295,00.jpg

0,,12562~11790293,00.jpg

Atlantas olympic stadium is soon to be demolished 2017. the Braves are moving.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Coopers looks like it has a lot of potential though I would question the cost estimate of $75mill considering $95mill was just spent on nib to build one main stand and one end stand. Looking at the photo on AUs stadiums it looks like the 2/3rds side stand on one side is fine, two end stands are fine but really needs a major new main stand. The roof sounds a bit pie in the sky and would question why in a place as hot and dry as Adelaide?

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=54

wain

Juniors
Coopers looks like it has a lot of potential though I would question the cost estimate of $75mill considering $95mill was just spent on nib to build one main stand and one end stand. Looking at the photo on AUs stadiums it looks like the 2/3rds side stand on one side is fine, two end stands are fine but really needs a major new main stand. The roof sounds a bit pie in the sky and would question why in a place as hot and dry as Adelaide?

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=54

Because winters are cold and wet, not hot and dry.

It is a cracking stadium. Have been for both nrl and soccer and cheap seats are still close to the action.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Y6_klP1l0&list=UU33-OkQ6VCYk8xtml8Pk4-g

This is the QandA for the financial report released yesterday...

At 7:55 (ish) there is a question regarding stadiums. DSmith starts talking about the Master Plan of ANZ and SFS, and he references that NRL is looking for the best experience for "rectangular sports".

I realise it is only a tiny Freudian slip at best, but id like to believe this is an indication he is pushing for ANZ to be permanently rectangular...

ek999

First Grade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Y6_klP1l0&list=UU33-OkQ6VCYk8xtml8Pk4-g

This is the QandA for the financial report released yesterday...

At 7:55 (ish) there is a question regarding stadiums. DSmith starts talking about the Master Plan of ANZ and SFS, and he references that NRL is looking for the best experience for "rectangular sports".

I realise it is only a tiny Freudian slip at best, but id like to believe this is an indication he is pushing for ANZ to be permanently rectangular...

I don't think he is necissarily pushing it to be permanent, and it doesn't need to be. Just that the stands have the ability to be brought in closer than what they are now

I don't think he is necissarily pushing it to be permanent, and it doesn't need to be. Just that the stands have the ability to be brought in closer than what they are now

In all honesty, this is the best result RL could ever hope for out of ANZ stadium. There is a snowballs chance in hell that it would become permanently rectangular because they want it to stay a multi-purpose venue.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
WESTS TIGERS WOO FANS
The Wests Tigers have vowed to convert fans into members one at a time and have been as good as their word. The joint-venture club recently invited all lapsed members to a forum hosted by boss Grant Mayer, coach Mick Potter and star players Robbie Farah and Aaron Woods at Concord Oval. Only 25 punters turned up but were given the best part of two hours to grill their hosts. ''Geographically, I've always thought Allianz was in Roosters territory,'' Mayer said in explaining the shift to ANZ Stadium. ''So will Leichhardt have four games in 2015? Will Campbelltown keep getting games? We'd like to think so. Right game, right venue, right time is a very simple but concise strategy. From a development point of view … my administration will be judged on the ability to develop an academy. I want to make sure that we have a footprint out in South Western Sydney. The gateway is Liverpool.'' Mayer addressed governance reforms, the goal to reach 20,000 members within five years, the decision to place Wests Tigers logos on all junior teams and the focus on local talent. ''We all want to win straight away but the reality is that we are excited about what's ahead of us and this year could be a real surprise for many,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-hindmarsh-20140308-34e1p.html#ixzz2vR6WOAoT

Called it!!!

Liverpool Stadium: new home of the Tigers......

beave

Coach
So only 25 people turned up?

For a club with '2 supporter bases', that's f**king woeful. Great initiative by the club imo but poorly attended by the fans.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

For a club with '2 supporter bases', that's f**king woeful. Great initiative by the club imo but poorly attended by the fans.

As a one off thing that is completely out of the ordinary , i cant say im surprised by such a small turn out.

If it was to become a regular thing (even just once a year as long as it is the same time every year) i MIGHT grow. But this comes down to quality and awareness of the event....

Still, good initiative if they keep it going. Even if they keep getting these shitty turmouts for the next few years, eventually it might explode, they just need to commit.

unforgiven

Bench

This was a forum for lasped members to find out why they didn't renew. It would be hoped to have low numbers attending this event.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Exactly.

And in all reality, if you couldn't be f**ked renewing your membership, do they really think you could be f**ked attending a forum so you could tell the club why?

They might have thought people actively chose not to renew in protest of the clubs current direction (shafting Sheens, Benji, Suburbs...). People like that would be climbing over each other to bitch to club officials

Latest posts