What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
fatshark said:
Not a trophy, but yeah its is in our favour. You say its squalid!?Its having a $9 million reno, it passed all Nrl policies. You want squalid...go look at Belmore, YOUR supposed 'home' ground.Its been mentioned the Dogs cant train there soon, as the grandstand may collapse at anytime.Win 'stadium'has a less than 18k capacity:? Id take Shark Park over ANZ anyday.:cool:

:lol: Your lack of knowledge is astounding. Your ground still has an electricity tower in it, passing over a hill that with the slightest bit of rain turns into what can best be described as a mire. The eastern grandstand was built into the leagues club ffs.

Funniest part of your lack of knowledge is that we left Belmore last week, and currently train in probably one of the most modern facilities available to NRL teams at Sydney Olympic Park. Our entire football operations are there.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
They should upgrade the Suncorp to a 70 thousand or maybe more. In the future I believe that all those seats will be full in big matches like the SOO or Tests.

Billythekid

First Grade
beave said:
i don't know exactly what you are getting at by saying you doubt we can "get" a stadium like that, we pull our weight up here in regards to productivity to the state/nation wether it be through the mines/port/farming/defence/whatever. We should be entitled to something like that up here, but i won't hold my breath as the state of the roads/hospitals up here probably deserve attention more than our stadium. It's more of a case that DFS has had a bit of $$$$ spent on it over the years, it has an awesome training facility for the cows that is all intergrated within the joint, I doubt the government would throw it all away to try and build a new stadium. DFS is a little bit hampered by it's surrounding, on one side there is another football ground/leaguesy, Ryan school to the North, and suburbia to the west. It's still a great ground to watch football at, I am sure some teams would love a stadium like ours, she looks incredibily different to what she did prior to 95 (harness racing track), i just wish they would put more $hitters in the ground, they are lacking big time.

All i meant was that i don't see a situation in the near future where a stadium like skilled park will be build in north QLD. I didn't say the cowboys hadn't earned it or didn't deserve it i just don't see it happening.

flamin

Juniors
Stewie Griffin said:
They should upgrade the Suncorp to a 70 thousand or maybe more. In the future I believe that all those seats will be full in big matches like the SOO or Tests.
Is there any type of long-term plan for Brisbane regarding stadia? Or is Suncorp seen as sufficient for future demands.

queenslandfan

Juniors
flamin said:
Is there any type of long-term plan for Brisbane regarding stadia? Or is Suncorp seen as sufficient for future demands.

i havent heard any, i think the current stadia will do for the next 10 years, like it wasnt that long ago that suncorp got renovated. i would rather see them build a world class venue in townsville and build more roads and hospitals before thinking of building more stadia in south east queensland.

fatshark

Bench
Timmah said:
:lol: Your lack of knowledge is astounding. Your ground still has an electricity tower in it, passing over a hill that with the slightest bit of rain turns into what can best be described as a mire. The eastern grandstand was built into the leagues club ffs.

Funniest part of your lack of knowledge is that we left Belmore last week, and currently train in probably one of the most modern facilities available to NRL teams at Sydney Olympic Park. Our entire football operations are there.

So your entire operations are NOT in your teams area. Your football players do NOT live in the teams area. Your team will NOT do recovery sessions in your area.
Says something about how great the Canterbury Bankstown area is.
For everyone else, yes most of the Dogs players live in the SHIRE, recovery sesions as of last year, are held in the SHIRE.

How can I be unknowledgable of the field I have visted and won GFs on in the last 30 odd years? Please explain in scientific terms of your description of a Mire?
Yes the Eastern grandstand is attached to the club, and what a brilliant idea it was. Not many other clubs can say they have a Leagues club as close to the ground.
So whats the options after a game when leaving ANZ stadium? None! besides getting harrassed and or bashed by uncivilised Dog supporters on public transport:roll: .

And it is true the Dogs had to leave Belmore for safety reasons.....hahaha

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We're not called Canterbury Bankstown you dope. That section was dropped first in 1995 and again in 1999.

Recovery sessions are often held in pools or beaches. Beaches will obviously have to be in Cronulla, St George or Eastern Suburbs areas. Pools from this year for recovery sessions would be in the Olympic Park facility.

I don't see how Homebush Bay is far out of our area (IMO it's still in it).

The surface of the "LG Family Hill", often populated with skanky teens, turns to mush the moment the rain falls.

The options when leaving ANZ include the Brewery across the road, or a short drive to Canterbury Leagues at... wait for it - Belmore! As for your comment accusing our supporters of unsavoury behaviour, I'll just laugh. It's pathetic you have to resort to that crap.

The Bulldogs left Belmore for a number of reasons, including the expiration of their lease, their desire for better facilities and yes, safety of the players. The football offices themselves were fine but the Grandstand itself is getting quite bad.

You act as if there's shame for moving with the times. Everything changes you know ;-)

Brycey

Juniors
fatshark said:
gee that hurt me, i take it your 16 years old with a stupid looking fringe that goes sideways?
lol you have nothing to come back with me at regarding footy so you take a swipe at me. for your own well being, no I am not that...but I'll give you a hint, I am old enough to have seen my team win a premiership...which puts me in the rang of 6 and up.

Now if Cronulla to have won a premiership and you were to have seen it I would guess your age would be...ummm...hmmm...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brycey

Juniors
flamin said:
Probably not. Our roads and hospitals and water system isn't even sufficient to meet current demands, but does that stop the government from encouraging people to come up, heck no.

BrisVegas

Juniors
The Western Force hosted their first trial game of the season at MES Stadium in Perth yesterday, which was a sell-out, and has resulted in renewed calls for a redeveloped Rectangular Stadium for Perth.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=120494

$75m facelift planned for city stadium

24th January 2009, 6:00 WST

The capacity of Members Equity Stadium will increase from 18,000 to 25,000 if the State Government accepts a $75 million redevelopment proposal for Perth’s only major rectangular arena.

The Town of Vincent last night unveiled plans for a three-tier grandstand on the eastern side of the ground to meet the needs of Super 14 rugby team the Western Force.

The Force will play at Subiaco Oval for the last time this year before moving to Members Equity Stadium, even though it is too small for the expected crowds and does not have the corporate, media and support facilities necessary for Super 14 rugby.

RugbyWA officials are desperate to have Members Equity Stadium upgraded to secure the future of the Force in Perth, particularly with the Victorian Government forging ahead with a $275 million rectangular stadium in Melbourne and likely to pursue aggressively a Super 14 franchise. The Force would like building to start in 2011 or 2012.

The redevelopment is centred on a new 7500-seat grandstand which can be configured to include uo to 35 corporate boxes vital to the viability of a professional sports franchise.

The State Opposition is pushing the Federal Government to help fund a new $1.1 billion Subiaco stadium in a bid to stimulate the economy when a predicted downturn hits WA in two years.

Shadow sport and recreation minister Ken Travers appealed to the Rudd Government to consider funding for the 60,000-seat stadium, which has been left in limbo by a State Government review of projects. The Federal Government previously ruled out a contribution.

Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron yesterday supported Mr Travers’ bid for Federal funding. DAVE HUGHES and AMANDA BANKS.

image001ws9.jpg

Hopefully this upgrade will go ahead as it would be a huge boost to the WA Reds push for readmittance to the NRL.

With the NRL becoming more stringent about the stadia admitted clubs will play out of, as seen by the decision to delay the Gold Coast's admittance by a year, this redevelopment could be pivotal.

The surface of the "LG Family Hill", often populated with skanky teens, turns to mush the moment the rain falls.

hey now lets not bag a good thing here!

as for shark land. its ok to go to 3 times or so a season and stand on the hill.

id rather it was Suncorp but what ever.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets hope the pollies find some money for MES. With a 25,000 capacity and quality corporate facilities it will be another massive step forward for the Reds back to the NRL.

MsStorm

Bench
Wonder if the West will give a similar headline to the Dragons-Easts game? Hmmmm

Probably not, but remember, the Force are in a professional comp at the moment. The Dragons/Easts game is a trial....however, hopefully when the Reds are admitted into the NRL comp. there would be better coverage because it will be Perth's NRL team.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Went past Penrith Stadium the other day and noticed that all the Eastern Grandstand renovations have been completed.

Latest posts