What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Green Machine

First Grade
Attached a big room on the back of the private boxes on the Eastern Grandstand. Looks like a corporate hospitality suite. Also, put elevators up to the corporate area,

We're not called Canterbury Bankstown you dope. That section was dropped first in 1995 and again in 1999.

Recovery sessions are often held in pools or beaches. Beaches will obviously have to be in Cronulla, St George or Eastern Suburbs areas. Pools from this year for recovery sessions would be in the Olympic Park facility.

I don't see how Homebush Bay is far out of our area (IMO it's still in it).

The surface of the "LG Family Hill", often populated with skanky teens, turns to mush the moment the rain falls.

The options when leaving ANZ include the Brewery across the road, or a short drive to Canterbury Leagues at... wait for it - Belmore! As for your comment accusing our supporters of unsavoury behaviour, I'll just laugh. It's pathetic you have to resort to that crap.

The Bulldogs left Belmore for a number of reasons, including the expiration of their lease, their desire for better facilities and yes, safety of the players. The football offices themselves were fine but the Grandstand itself is getting quite bad.

You act as if there's shame for moving with the times. Everything changes you know ;-)

Not everything changes. Cronulla's premiership tally has never changed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A valid, true and f**king hilarious point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
*bigass bump*

With all the talk this off season focussing on the IC and expansion is there any plan for the Bears stadium to be upgraded with the second tier to go around the northern end? It looks very cramped but then again the Gabba redevelopment wasn’t easy either.

The current capacity is only 20K which means even with a few sellouts each season they’ll still be averaging in the mid-to-high teens. I just can’t help but that think they’d be better off with a few thousand extra seats for the big games.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
*bigass bump*

With all the talk this off season focussing on the IC and expansion is there any plan for the Bears stadium to be upgraded with the second tier to go around the northern end? It looks very cramped but then again the Gabba redevelopment wasn’t easy either.

The current capacity is only 20K which means even with a few sellouts each season they’ll still be averaging in the mid-to-high teens. I just can’t help but that think they’d be better off with a few thousand extra seats for the big games.

They would need 10'000 more id say. Shouldnt be too hard to updrade.

Perth Red

Post Whore
would be a struggle without being able to build on that open end. Would require a whole new 2 grandstands which are not cheap!

Timmah

Staff member
A second level at the northern end should be a priority, would heighten the atmosphere for certain. There are also major plans on the table to change Gosford's Waterfront, which may involve movement or alteration to the Highway next to the stadium. This could provide space for the southern end to be developed in the coming decade...

Timmah

Staff member
would be a struggle without being able to build on that open end. Would require a whole new 2 grandstands which are not cheap!
Given how marginal the seats of Robertson (Aus) and Gosford (NSW) are, I can't see money being a problem ;-)

Perth Red

Post Whore
depends on if they can build on or have to demolish and start again. A large new grandstand can cost $100mill+ which isn;t small change! The redeveloped waterfront sounds the best option allowing them to finish the stadium off with a 10k end stand.

Timmah

Staff member
Did you not listen?

Being a marginal seat at both state and federal level, I cannot see $$$ being an issue.

When was the last time anyone in NSW got $100mill+ for stadium works?

EnergyAustralia I think at last count was about $92m to $98m ($32m on eastern stand, $60m to $68m on western stand).

Victor Trumper Stand at the SCG was $70m.

ANZ Stadium reconfiguration was $80m.

To get to the full 9 figures on a single ground/project you'd have to go back to the Olympics.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id say that a 30'000 seater stadium would do them just fine and im sure that an extra level on top of the northern end and joining the northern end with the grandstands should fit enough.

If absolutley necessary, a 3rd tier on the grandstands shouldn't be too hard. But that would break the $100million mark.