What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

Mr Red

First Grade
It's reported that his manager is holding out for 750k a season, I doubt he will get that.
However even if he gets 650k a season the dogs have that easy.
They will have 400k a season from letting hodkinson leave, plus 100k Mbye is already getting leaving only 150k to find ..backend deal solved

V

Vasilevsky

It's reported that his manager is holding out for 750k a season, I doubt he will get that.
However even if he gets 650k a season the dogs have that easy.
They will have 400k a season from letting hodkinson leave, plus 100k Mbye is already getting leaving only 150k to find ..backend deal solved

Don't forget they also signed Morris on obviously very good money and that hooker they got from the Shonkies, resigned Klemmar to an upgraded deal, resigned Kasiano and etc etc. I agree they 'will find the money from somewhere' but if it were the Dragons or another team that actually doesn't rort the salary cap, I wouldn't like their chances of keeping him.

Mr Red

First Grade
Don't forget they also signed Morris on obviously very good money and that hooker they got from the Shonkies, resigned Klemmar to an upgraded deal, resigned Kasiano and etc etc. I agree they 'will find the money from somewhere' but if it were the Dragons or another team that actually doesn't rort the salary cap, I wouldn't like their chances of keeping him.

Well bigger fools the dragons for not being smart enough to exploit the loopholes....

hardbaby

Coach
I think Mbye will be worth 750. Seems a lot but the salary cap is going up and it's a key position. A star in the making.

Twenty10

Juniors
I think Mbye will be worth 750. Seems a lot but the salary cap is going up and it's a key position. A star in the making.

Dragons should pay that, and more if necessary. Halves are a HUGE issue for us moving forward. We need to invest from outside. Hutchinson ain't the answer.

Redvpassion

Juniors

Gone are those days of $350 and $400,000 contacts. Players know that they can demand that and will get it somehow.

I agree with you hardbaby, do whatever it takes to sign him, now that dogs have reject his "Get Out Hasler clause".

But not holdings breath with the clowns we have running our club.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Wasting your time.......they let go of thurston 11 years go, don't think they will make the same mistake with this young kid. He will be a bulldog for many years to come. We need to concentrate on some other more realistic options.

We need a winger. Surely if they upgrade Mybe, they can't keep Rona?

V

Vasilevsky

Wasting your time.......they let go of thurston 11 years go, don't think they will make the same mistake with this young kid. He will be a bulldog for many years to come. We need to concentrate on some other more realistic options.

Issac Thompson for winger next year. Big, fast, young, good footwork and from what I hear, not a bad ball player. I know it's not the Dragons way of the past 6 years before this year but time to start bringing the young guys through on a regular basis again. Regardless, as far as I can see the only really promising young player the Dragons have lost over the past few years is Hastings and the jury is still out on him. Certainly none of the calibre of RTS or Dylan Walker.

I guess it was the perfect storm of supercoach Price and a particularly flat period but starting with Aitken this year and hopefully Issac Thompson, maybe Dufty and Crook next year, I think things are looking up. I guess it is also due to the Dragons talent scouts, whomever they are. I've said before, it would be great to get Nathan Brown back, not as head coach but as an assistant. He or whomever he hired was unmatched as a talent scout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil9496

Juniors
Agree that Crook could be the one given a chance. Still think he has better vision than Hutch. But not holding my breath that he will even be a Dragon next year. Contract up this year and hasn't signed a new one as yet. If he goes somewhere else, watch this come back to bite us in the ass.

lafai

Bench

We're getting rid of Loko, Hodkinson & Pritchard. We can afford Rona & Mbye.

rainman44

Bench
We're getting rid of Loko, Hodkinson & Pritchard. We can afford Rona & Mbye.

What about Klemmer wanting more money along with Josh Jackson ? If its the same salary cap as 12 other teams something has to give unless there still some Sbw money floating around.

FlameThrower

Bench
What about Klemmer wanting more money along with Josh Jackson ? If its the same salary cap as 12 other teams something has to give unless there still some Sbw money floating around.

Plus factor in, these guys would have got an increase triggered by SOO ....rep games.??

Get2dachopper!

Juniors

The bulldogs just amaze me with their dazzling display of accounting skills :lol:

Latest posts