What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

Como Connection

First Grade
Hi I'm new to this forum. I think we should sign a speedster on the wing like Reece Robinson or Glen Fishiahi. Also a strike centre in the mould of will Hopoate, kirisome Auv'a or jamal idris, max 300k only. And add some forwards for depth like Francis Molo, Addin Fonua-Blake, Dunais Lui, tinirau Arona, Ava seumanufagai and James Gavet. I think we should re-sign Craig Garvey, Shanon Crook, Luke page and Shannon Wakeman

Welcome Smithchip, FACT.

The Nick

Bench
Jack Bird wants to come back to dragons. Bird and Mybe in the halves. Boom.

Serious question - why does he want to come back? What role does he see himself fitting in the team? I don't see him taking Widdop or Marshall's positions so where would he fit? Would he prefer to play centres?

boardlumps62

Juniors
Is he an angry ant? Hes got the 5/8 gig at the Sharks why would he come back. Maybe realises their shit after flogging at home. Is he a spoilt brat as well.

V

Vasilevsky

Serious question - why does he want to come back? What role does he see himself fitting in the team? I don't see him taking Widdop or Marshall's positions so where would he fit? Would he prefer to play centres?

Precisely. I think he would be a good centre but he would hardly rectify the problem with the lack of speed in the outside backs and very debateable as to whether he would be a better centre than Aitken or Matautai.

V

Vasilevsky

All the Dragons need going forward is at least one, hopefully 2 good, fast and hopefully big outside backs.

The Cobra

Juniors
Maybe Bird realises with the signing of Maloney his days at5/8 for the scum are over.I heard he said he would like ago at fullback,good luck there Jack,i think a bloke by the name of Valentine might have something to say about that ably supported by Barba.So where is he going to play? NEWTOWN.

giboz71

First Grade
Maybe Bird realises with the signing of Maloney his days at5/8 for the scum are over.I heard he said he would like ago at fullback,good luck there Jack,i think a bloke by the name of Valentine might have something to say about that ably supported by Barba.So where is he going to play? NEWTOWN.

If it's a matter of playing first grade, the Sharks will find a spot for him despite Maloney, Holmes and Barba.

They are a bit better in thinking outside the box than we are.

BennyV

Referee

Lock, with Gallen to prop.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hi I'm new to this forum. I think we should sign a speedster on the wing like Reece Robinson or Glen Fishiahi. Also a strike centre in the mould of will Hopoate, kirisome Auv'a or jamal idris, max 300k only. And add some forwards for depth like Francis Molo, Addin Fonua-Blake, Dunais Lui, tinirau Arona, Ava seumanufagai and James Gavet. I think we should re-sign Craig Garvey, Shanon Crook, Luke page and Shannon Wakeman

Welcome aboard Smithchip

BennyV

Referee
agree 100%
and that is where he should have been playing for us this year as well.
Having a ball player at lock would have added a much needed dimension to our attack.

I really dont see the issue with offering him a first grade spot this year. Tell him he will be on the bench in Round 1 (which I cant see a reason not to)...if he excels, awesome. If he didnt, he drops to NSW Cup and waits.

We wouldn't have been telling him that he is guaranteed a spot every week (and I doubt the Sharks told him that) but if it was the dofference between him staying and going, I dont see what harm would have been caused by telling a kid that talented that he'd get a crack at first grade this year.

grouch

First Grade
I really dont see the issue with offering him a first grade spot this year. Tell him he will be on the bench in Round 1 (which I cant see a reason not to)...if he excels, awesome. If he didnt, he drops to NSW Cup and waits.

We wouldn't have been telling him that he is guaranteed a spot every week (and I doubt the Sharks told him that) but if it was the dofference between him staying and going, I dont see what harm would have been caused by telling a kid that talented that he'd get a crack at first grade this year.

Agreed. Poor decision. We've elevated Aitken to a regular starting gig, for example. Bird could have even played that role, he's no slower than Aitken.

Brad Fittler is the ultimate ballplaying lock (not that I'm saying bird is anywhere near that good) and he started his career in the centres

V

Vasilevsky

Agreed. Poor decision. We've elevated Aitken to a regular starting gig, for example. Bird could have even played that role, he's no slower than Aitken.

Brad Fittler is the ultimate ballplaying lock (not that I'm saying bird is anywhere near that good) and he started his career in the centres

From what I have seen, even though Aitken is hardly one of the fastest centres going around, he is faster than Bird.

To be honest, I hate the Dragons losing good local juniors but I don't see what all the fuss is about in regard to Bird. I think the Shonkies are the only club he would be able to be a starting 5/8. He isn't fast or evasive enough to be a really good centre and not big enough (yet) to be a really good forward. I think he is destined to become an interchange utility. That would be good for the Dragons to have but is it really worth all the angst that is evident on here?

I would certainly rather that centre for Penrith (whose name I have forgotten) was retained.

grouch

First Grade
From what I have seen, even though Aitken is hardly one of the fastest centres going around, he is faster than Bird.

To be honest, I hate the Dragons losing good local juniors but I don't see what all the fuss is about in regard to Bird. I think the Shonkies are the only club he would be able to be a starting 5/8. He isn't fast or evasive enough to be a really good centre and not big enough (yet) to be a really good forward. I think he is destined to become an interchange utility. That would be good for the Dragons to have but is it really worth all the angst that is evident on here?

I would certainly rather that centre for Penrith (whose name I have forgotten) was retained.

Jack Bird is in his rookie season, and is a regular starter for the team currently running 6th (a team that won the spoon last year), in a key spine position - a position he barely played at all coming through the grades. I can't fathom how you wouldn't be impressed by that. He's a big talent.

st.phil

Bench
I think aitken is quick in a straight line...laterally not great, feet are a little muddy. Hopefully his pace will blossom over time

Latest posts