What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gagai weeps over grandmother's passing

1qaz

Juniors
So you're the boss on how people should grieve then, Fred. Ridiculous. If he wanted to play, he should play. Hell, in a better team his teammates might have actually rallied around him.

Dane didn't tell anyone nan passed away the morning of the match. What a champ.
The first person he told was Tariq after the full time siren.
You can listen to the interview here
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...s-fuming-over-racial-slur-against-dane-gagai/

Lets hope the Knights get a win for Dane's 100th game this weekend.

Zoidberg

First Grade
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...s-fuming-over-racial-slur-against-dane-gagai/

Most people here don't have a major problem with Dane, we think he needs to be more involved in attack and his defence can be a bit iffy, but the way you go on about him like he's the 2nd coming, it just encourages people to say crap about him to push your buttons. Tone down the man love.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

People play this kind of thing off as heroic, i consider it to be monumentally selfish...

His head obviously wasnt in the game, he should have sat the week out or played in reserves if he wanted something to do to keep his mind off it. The team is not a therapy service and 15k people payed to watch the match.

Its like when a bloke busts his shoulder but refuses to come off; he imagines it is a great selfless act, but really he is just a passenger for the other 12 to carry....

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Well iqaz hasn't really backed his claims up after being asked about them previously, over a long period of time and on multiple ocassions, and he has refused to answer some queries as to why he doesn't watch the Knights games when he has a cousin playing for them. This also begs the question of how he seemingly knows a lot of what happens in the Knights game from week to week without watching it.

This of course raises scepticism about him and possibly makes him an object of ridicule.

He could easily put it all to bed with some simple answers.

I just assumed that the reason he won't answer those questions is because he's a troll.

perverse

Referee
People play this kind of thing off as heroic, i consider it to be monumentally selfish...

His head obviously wasnt in the game, he should have sat the week out or played in reserves if he wanted something to do to keep his mind off it. The team is not a therapy service and 15k people payed to watch the match.

Its like when a bloke busts his shoulder but refuses to come off; he imagines it is a great selfless act, but really he is just a passenger for the other 12 to carry....

That might be true of Gagai in another NRL team, but when you're promoting Jaelen Feeney or an under 20's nobody to fill in... is it really costing the team something? His club is severely under the pump, and he put it before himself as far as I can see. I don't know how you judge his head not being in the game, either... I thought he tried his guts out with guys running at and around him all day because our front-line was like wet tissue paper.

slotmachine

First Grade
Browny was asked if he is looking to re-sign gagai and he basically said retaining the young guys is his priority.

Another club can pick him up from November 1...

1qaz

Juniors
Browny was asked if he is looking to re-sign gagai and he basically said retaining the young guys is his priority.

Another club can pick him up from November 1...

You mean this? He have told Dane privately he wants him to be the long term Knights fullback.
Brown going to be epic fail if he's just trying to please the fans by playing as many locals as possible even though some won't ever be first grade standard.

Scott Walton: Is the Club looking to secure Dane Gagai for the long term?

Nathan Brown: Gags is on contract for a few more years so this time next year is probably when you would start to sit down and see where we?re heading. At the moment we?re looking at securing our younger players to keep them away from other clubs.

Maybe Gagai felt he would be letting his team mates down by backing out on them hours before a game? It can be perceived as either selfish or noble depending on the viewpoint. I agree that he likely would not have been in the right headspace to perform at expectation and he should have disclosed it to his team mates at the very least. Perhaps he was hoping he could call on his grief to personally help lift the Knights.

macavity

Referee
He's on a packet for the next few year so those negotiations will only go one way.

He will get offers that we will have to match in order to keep him. Which will screw our cap. So we keep him and have a poor squad, or let him go, and also have a poor squad. It's the new NRL.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
That might be true of Gagai in another NRL team, but when you're promoting Jaelen Feeney or an under 20's nobody to fill in... is it really costing the team something? His club is severely under the pump, and he put it before himself as far as I can see. I don't know how you judge his head not being in the game, either... I thought he tried his guts out with guys running at and around him all day because our front-line was like wet tissue paper.

Pretty much this. Not sure what kind of headspace a player needs to be in exactly but he was amongst our best last week.
All these people calling Gagai selfish are f**king morons.

Yup

Turton Road

Juniors
Well iqaz hasn't really backed his claims up after being asked about them previously, over a long period of time and on multiple ocassions, and he has refused to answer some queries as to why he doesn't watch the Knights games when he has a cousin playing for them. This also begs the question of how he seemingly knows a lot of what happens in the Knights game from week to week without watching it.

This of course raises scepticism about him and possibly makes him an object of ridicule.

He could easily put it all to bed with some simple answers.

You're a dead set nine-ball mate.

Turton Road

Juniors

This just isn't true. Gags was our players player and deserves massive respect. We got pumped, but without him it could have been anything. Also to all the Mullo haters, 106-nil since he got injured. Just saying

Spot On

Coach
You're a dead set nine-ball mate.

Hey Turdon is back. What a surprise. Timely too!

Of all the quotes written in this thread, some deemed totally inappropriate by some forumites and causing emotive responses, you chose that one to have a hissy fit over. Very strange Turdy. You have a little hard on for me sweety?

How about you elaborate a little bit more and reply to my post in a semi intelligent way. What was it that you didn't agree with or understand in the post????? Please don't dodge this simple question like someone else does.

Your above quote is code for I don't have the intelligence to understand what is written in this forum.

Chin up Turdy, you'll catch on bra.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
This just isn't true. Gags was our players player and deserves massive respect. We got pumped, but without him it could have been anything. Also to all the Mullo haters, 106-nil since he got injured. Just saying

Lol. 62 nil and 'it could have been anything.' Hmmm. You may like to refrain from attempting to sledge others when you write clangers such as this to promote your understanding of the game and huge intellect.

You'd want to pray the great Mullo steers this group of under 20's to a big win upon his return. It will be embarrassing for you if we don't score a heap of points from Mullen try assists. He doesn't have many games left in the Knights jersey to get us in to the 8 and steer us to the GF.

Too bad Mullo isn't available for Origin selection too. He's definitely the missing ingredient from NSW origin success. Should have played the test match as well if fit right?

Last edited:
Mullo haters! That will do me. No one hates him. We are just fed up with the injuries, huge contract and lack of consistency. He would have done little to halt last weekend's score. Our forwards were monstered. Plain and simple.