What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Konrad Hurrell in talks with Storm...stay tuned as this could happen very quickly.

Not a chance I reckon, as you probably noticed today he's not exactly on the outer at the Warriors and he's signed til next year. More chance we'll ship Dane Neilsen back to you I reckon, after Hurrell, Laumape and Henry's showing today I don't see any place for Neilsen at the Warriors, he's been terrible this year but was a player who certainly went ok at the Storm.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I saw Hurrell in jersey number 20 or some shit. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

He played off the bench, but played about 65 min. But I really don't see him being dropped too often after that. He might get the odd week in NSW cup, that's about it.

Not a chance I reckon, as you probably noticed today he's not exactly on the outer at the Warriors and he's signed til next year. More chance we'll ship Dane Neilsen back to you I reckon, after Hurrell, Laumape and Henry's showing today I don't see any place for Neilsen at the Warriors, he's been terrible this year but was a player who certainly went ok at the Storm.

There is no way Neilsen is coming back...he was an average player at the Storm as well.

So Hurrell played one good game...that does not mean that he will be a regulat starter from here on in. He will leave your club for sure.

Iafeta

Referee
All his games this year have been quality. He changed the momentum for us to win in Townsville with a lot of great runs and a good try, set up 3 tries and a host of tackle busts against the Tigers (haven't seen too many better games from a centre in the last 2 or 3 years), aside from one moment where he didn't chase hard back on an intercept was dominant against Canterbury and he mauled your blokes a new one last night. He didn't get dropped because his game is not good. It's been good for a long time. He got dropped because McFadden, unlike Elliott or McClennan and probably also Cleary, does not cop anything but full commitment and execution. He doesn't care if your name is Hurrell, Mateo, or Neilsen, he will drop you. That is the single best thing to happen to the Warriors culture in a number of years.

Konrad I can assure you is not going anywhere.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agree on Inu, it's been evidenced at three clubs now. He'll put in for a few months then decide he CBF.

Re Hurrell- he missed the first two games of the season because he came back from pre-season overweight, and got dropped for one (round 7) for not meeting his coach's KPIs, then was reinstated the next week. Thats not being out of favour, it's just being held accountable by the coaching staff (same has happened to Laumape and Mateo incidentally). And you guys of all people would have to admit that thats EXACTLY the sort of treatment he'd get at a club like The Storm- Bellyache of all people would not tolerate complacency. So it's not like he's likely to want to come to your club because he's going to magically be guaranteed a start every week, because he'd probably have to work even harder for it.
Plus he's signed for 2015 with the club having first option for 2016- so unless he really wants out he's not going anywhere.