What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen "It's time to deliver"

carcharias

Immortal
Time to deliver

By Dean Ritchie
July 28, 2006 12:00

Article from: </IMG>
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

CRONULLA'S State of Origin forward Paul Gallen has revealed the importance of tonight's match against Newcastle by declaring: "We've got to win - there's no two ways about it."
The Sharks and Knights, both sitting precariously on 22 competition points, meet this evening at Toyota Park as eight teams are in a log-jam for the final four finals spots.
All seven games this weekend remarkably have a bearing on the finals. But it starts tonight with Cronulla and Newcastle desperate to re-capture some early-season winning form.
"If we lose we could back to tenth and then it will be hard," Gallen said.
"We don't want to finish seventh or eighth. We want to finish fifth or sixth. It's a must win game – we've got to win, there's no two ways about it."
Asked would a loss tonight dash their hopes of finishing fifth or sixth, Gallen said: "I think so. It will be a pressure game but finals football is pressure football. It will be a good test."
Sharks halfback Brett Kimmorley said his side had to start performing.
"We are letting ourselves down and putting pressure on ourselves," he said.
In his column in today's Main Game, Knights legend Andrew Johns spoke about the importance of this evening's game.
"The playoffs have come early for both the Sharks and ourselves," Johns writes.
"Maybe this game is not do or die. On paper at least, it won't be the end of the road for the loser.
"But so congested is the log-jam around eighth spot at the moment, a defeat could send either side back to 10th by the end of the weekend and looking down the barrel. From the Knights point of view, we have to find a way to dig ourselves out of the hole we're in thanks to a diabolical past two months."
The Sharks have lost reserve Richard Villasanti through injury, replaced by Hutch Maiava.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,19932353-5006066,00.html

spider

Coach
carcharias said:
Time to deliver

By Dean Ritchie
July 28, 2006 12:00

Article from: </IMG>
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

CRONULLA'S State of Origin forward Paul Gallen has revealed the importance of tonight's match against Newcastle by declaring: "We've got to win - there's no two ways about it."
The Sharks and Knights, both sitting precariously on 22 competition points, meet this evening at Toyota Park as eight teams are in a log-jam for the final four finals spots.
All seven games this weekend remarkably have a bearing on the finals. But it starts tonight with Cronulla and Newcastle desperate to re-capture some early-season winning form.
"If we lose we could back to tenth and then it will be hard," Gallen said.
"We don't want to finish seventh or eighth. We want to finish fifth or sixth. It's a must win game – we've got to win, there's no two ways about it."
Asked would a loss tonight dash their hopes of finishing fifth or sixth, Gallen said: "I think so. It will be a pressure game but finals football is pressure football. It will be a good test."
Sharks halfback Brett Kimmorley said his side had to start performing.
"We are letting ourselves down and putting pressure on ourselves," he said.
In his column in today's Main Game, Knights legend Andrew Johns spoke about the importance of this evening's game.
"The playoffs have come early for both the Sharks and ourselves," Johns writes.
"Maybe this game is not do or die. On paper at least, it won't be the end of the road for the loser.
"But so congested is the log-jam around eighth spot at the moment, a defeat could send either side back to 10th by the end of the weekend and looking down the barrel. From the Knights point of view, we have to find a way to dig ourselves out of the hole we're in thanks to a diabolical past two months."
The Sharks have lost reserve Richard Villasanti through injury, replaced by Hutch Maiava.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,19932353-5006066,00.html

There's a couple more cliche's from the other thread Carch.

Cassidy

Juniors
Gallen hasn't done much since Origin except yell at the referee

Its time for him to deliver with some solid running with some offloads and rock solid defence we've come to expect from him and the work ethic that got him into origin!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Oh FFS

These press releases have to be coming from the Gee Up School of Journalism

Change the quoted name and they are all the same.

:lol:

Dommie

Juniors
Hope Gallen has a big game tonight, one like the game against the Pathers would be nice. He will have to watch his offloads - there has been a couple of duds in the past few weeks. I'm wary of the Newcastle fullback, Thaiday, he is very fast......

carinashark

First Grade
Go Gall ! Actually I dont think he dropped one against the Storm and only one against the Roosters. I dont like his yelling at the Reff , just get up as fast as you can I recon.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Special K said:
I f**king love Paul Gallen. If we lose him i'll deadset stab someone.
PMSL

But seriously, I hope he has a big one. Just needs to lift to the pre-origin level when he was everywhere. Go Galls!

Nullajet

Juniors
gallen backed up his words with his efforts tonight.

did anyone else notice late in the second half as he went to play the ball, he quite candidly and obviously took time to make sure he had a secure grasp before doing so.....looks like he is aware of his little problem and working on it.

This bloke is one we have to hold on to.

Special K

Coach
He must be re-signed ASAP!!!!!!

If we lose a guy we have finally brought up from just another talented kid to a rep player i'll go crazy.

He'll make the roo tour even though we are falling ass backwards out of the season again.

carinashark

First Grade
Well I think he did enough last night. One try , one pass to Thommo =Try. Also I notice he is going for the legs more one on one , this is working plus a few front on hits . Fine effort I thought ,but Im a big fan.

Latest posts