What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen to Parra in 07 ???

Inferno

Coach
lol, I'v often why an English club hasn't put in a big offer for him. Perhaps they see something that everyone else except our club can see.

imasharkie

Coach
This is probably a follow up to the Kimmorley to PL from Nulla #2 thread at about the same time last year.

Good one Nulla#2. I for one won't believe a scoop from you again after that debacle last time, you had me rejoicing and I promised myself not to be hooked again.
Where's your fellow conman, Frenzy? You two in cahoots this time.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Nope. It's a real rumour. I posted at least 3 hints directly at it in the last few days.

1) I mentioned a restless big name

2) Tama mentioned Gallen might go and I replied that Parra wanted him back

3) beeker mentioned Gallen in a thread where I said the wolves ae already circling

Oh and I PMed Inferno with the news directly.

The rumour is real. How many legs it has is up in the air. Gallen IS unhappy and has been for 2 years now.

spider

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Nope. It's a real rumour. I posted at least 3 hints directly at it in the last few days.

1) I mentioned a restless big name

2) Tama mentioned Gallen might go and I replied that Parra wanted him back

3) beeker mentioned Gallen in a thread where I said the wolves ae already circling

Oh and I PMed Inferno with the news directly.

The rumour is real. How many legs it has is up in the air. Gallen IS unhappy and has been for 2 years now.

f**k....thats sh*t. But its Sharks down to a tee.

Seriously hope they[Management] do something to rectify this crap that keeps occurring.

Thomo.

First Grade
Gallen must be lying to me when i talk to him. was raving about the sharks a few eeks ago and how he wants to stay on and win a premiership here. he seemed passionate. oh well i must have interpreted it the wrong way

Utey

Coach
He surely wouldnt leave Sharks would he? He played in the lower grades here, and I cant see him back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
He surely wouldnt leave Sharks would he? He played in the lower grades here, and I cant see him back.

mate, he only played Harold Mathews with us...The sharks got him when he was very young.

Inferno

Coach
Doesn't sound too unhappy about being benched here

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20074711-23214,00.html

CRONULLA forward Paul Gallen has defended Stuart Raper's decision to name him on the interchange bench for Saturday night's game against Parramatta, admitting the Sharks coach has to do something to save the club's fading season.

Gallen, a member of the New south Wales side for Origin III last month, was demoted by Raper on Tuesday, one of a series of changes made by the coach in an attempt to reinvigorate his side's fortunes.

While initially shocked when told he had lost his starting spot, Gallen yesterday said he could understand the rationale behind Raper's decision.

The Sharks have lost six consecutive games and Gallen conceded their season would be over if they lost to the Eels, winners of their past seven.

"He said it was nothing to do with (form)," Gallen said.

"He doesn't want me playing 80 minutes any more. It's a tactical thing. He wants me breaking tackles and playing like I was around the Origin where I wasn't doing as much of the sh*t work, the crappy hit-ups.

"He said I came back from the Origin and was just trying too hard. I'm doing too much. He wants to keep me out of the sh*tfight at the start.

"He's the coach, I have to do what he says. I haven't got any choice. If we don't win this week, mathematically we can still make it, but it's going to make it very tough. If we don't win that will be our season."

Gallen wasn't the only player to suffer as a result of the club's loss to the Warriors last weekend, a defeat which dropped the Sharks out of the top eight.

He will be joined on the interchange bench by New Zealand international Nigel Vagana and teenage prop Luke Douglas.

Winger Darren Albert has been dropped to premier league and told to rediscover his form.

The Popper

Bench
Relegation to the bench is not so much a demotion as a change of station for maximum impact. I always thought Nuts was best off the bench, same with Beets, same with Sully, same with Hutch (when he doesn't bludge). So maybe it'll be the same with Gall & Doug. Coming on fresh allows for Maximum impact. I expect Nige to have a bigger impact too, albeit I believe he was much more involved last week without receiving quality ball.
IMO Villa had his best game when he came on against the Warriors.
All this said, I believe our MAJOR problem is Noddy's style as per Lam's assertions mentioned by Blacktip on another thread. Opposition seem to know what he's going to do almost every time.
Scott is very incisive in attack, and involved in defence but stuffs it up repeatedly with wrong options, like Dykes used to do. IMO Dykes' has matured markedly, but is still suspect in defence.
We must be a chance this week, although we're not favourites. I believe Hindmarsh and Morrison are each carrying niggles. I believe our pack is strong physically, and our backline is generally big and strong, with incissors off the bench.
I believe our biggest problems will be (in ascending order):
- Kearney under the high ball, and his positioning (albeit Covell and Simmons should provide good cover)
- Dykes' defence
- Noddy's stereotyped play
Our defensive line MUST move up together, not like against the Warriors where we stood back and waited for them. And the line must be able to adjust for Parra's occasional roving attack.

Agent Mulder

Bench
The Nulla #2 said:
Well not normally one for serious leaks as you know, but my real source has thrown me into the direction of a possible unhappy Gallen moving on to Parra as one of the named clubs.

Is he signed on for 07 ? i thought he was?

Probably a massively far fetched rumour but i have heard it, anyone else heard it. Has this already been on here?

sorry if it has!

Here we go again, You people with your inside "sources" Are so full of sh*t, Go to bed.

spider

Coach
Agent Mulder said:
Here we go again, You people with your inside "sources" Are so full of sh*t, Go to bed.

Ill sit on the fence with this one as i would not suprise me more if my son shot me in the ass with his BB gun.

sharks_4_06

Juniors
gallen wont be going anywhere.. he doesnt like parra...who does anyway ..they tried to get him last year before we resigned him... i know this 100 % he isnt going anywhere.. and plus the sharks wouldnt let him go.. he will be a future captain.

coolumsharkie

Referee
sharks_4_06 said:
gallen wont be going anywhere.. he doesnt like parra...who does anyway ..they tried to get him last year before we resigned him... i know this 100 % he isnt going anywhere.. and plus the sharks wouldnt let him go.. he will be a future captain.

I like hearing things like that.

imasharkie

Coach
sharks_4_06 said:

Now this I believe and sharks06 is the bearer of good news.

Afraid I'll believe this before the Nulla#2/Frenzy colabaration.

Latest posts