What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallens Contract and Future

Card Shark

Immortal
but i don't think the club owes him

Maybe we do "owe" him in regards to the ASADA crap, geez it seemed we owed Flanno & Gal has worn a lot more of the mud than him.

Will there be backlash - i doubt the media will give us a spray its not if Gallen is a media favourite

You can bet your bottom dollar they'd be a backlash - when hasn't the media made a big deal about ANYTHING we do?

carinashark

First Grade
I would have given him anything if in 2014 post Sso he said he was going to put the Sharks first. But he didn't. I still love him but.

webShark

gall makes a very good point, origin gave gall the profile to be able to attract the likes of wade graham luke lewis fafita etc to the club, what if those blokes decided to up their bags and go where gall goes next instead?

Attracting players , hmmm. You could say some go to the best offer. Did he have a say in Ayshford, Jono and Beale? Did he approve Peachey leaving? Or didn't he want to play with Gall.

Is it playing with Gall or living in a beach suburb on huge dollars that is the attraction?

I think if he leaves , even for Super League it will damage his legacy. If he gave up Origin and Boxing it would enhance it. Playing Origin his legacy remains flawed,IMO.

If we cave on Boxing and Origin in 12 months he will demand the same in another 12 months. He has a point , but has missed too many games. Some sceptics might say he played against the Stains to silence his critics.

webShark

, we dont want this dragging on into finals

I like your optimism. I assume you think we are going to be in them.

On boxing. I think he has no career. Too old, small and average for a heavyweight. In the UK, no chance to box as no profile.

His only pay day would be against a ponderous SBW. Will he box again?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
SacredCow.png

bluey

Bench
I also think it's pretty poor form that he likes to continue to bleat in the media that he's done a lot for the club, brought players here etc. Sure, argue that in negotiations but stop going on about it all the time. It's not a good look.

I Agree sounds like a petulant child.

Ads

First Grade
gall makes a very good point, origin gave gall the profile to be able to attract the likes of wade graham luke lewis fafita etc to the club, what if those blokes decided to up their bags and go where gall goes next instead?

Thats the most overused crap that Gal attracts players. Just like having Ricky coach when he was Aus coach. Players go where the money is 95% of the time.

SharkShocked

Bench
I will ask a very simple question to the forum and see what you all think, it should give you an idea as to the flavour of the club at present.

Have you ever heard of any other club having to write or wanting to give off the sentiment, that a footballer at your club, can no longer play representative football or will be restricted to a certain position or minutes during a match?

What does that say about the control that the coach has over certain player at said club?

We have heard numerous times the 'control' Flanno has over Gal... "Tell him to have a break".... "Tell Flanno to get f**ked".

Gallen is currently bigger than the club and the above sentiment from the club and it's supporters echoes it in spades.

It will not change during his tenure with the Sharks. Just get used to it and accept all the good he does and focus your energy there.

carcharias

Immortal
I will ask a very simple question to the forum and see what you all think, it should give you an idea as to the flavour of the club at present.

Have you ever heard of any other club having to write or wanting to give off the sentiment, that a footballer at your club, can no longer play representative football or will be restricted to a certain position or minutes during a match?

What does that say about the control that the coach has over certain player at said club?

We have heard numerous times the 'control' Flanno has over Gal... "Tell him to have a break".... "Tell Flanno to get f**ked".

Gallen is currently bigger than the club and the above sentiment from the club and it's supporters echoes it in spades.

It will not change during his tenure with the Sharks. Just get used to it and accept all the good he does and focus your energy there.

Glad you asked a simple question
I couldn't make head nor tail out of that .

SharkShocked

Bench
Read it slowly and put down the bong.

Special K

Coach
Fifita was basically sold to us to take Gibbs and help the tigers cap. Then tried to leave us after playing with Gal for a few years before being given back.

Graham was signed because the panthers didn't see him as an NRL player. We beat the cowboys for him by giving him the chance to stay in sydney.

Lewis was signed when he was shown the door by the Panthers. I'd say Graham would have more to do with him signing than Gallen given Graham was a best man at his wedding.

I struggle to see how Gallen can claim this. If he wasn't here we would have spent that money on another marquee player which would of helped us attract players? Townsend and Maloney is a million dollars worth of halves who just joined us and Gallen isn't signed for next year.

He can Faaarrkk off as far as I'm concerned.
He wants to talk about loyalty??
Try being a fan, Gallen. We've been through a helluva lot long before you were born.
We supply our hard earned into the club, you get payed by the club.
Be a man and keep your business behind closed doors, dont play it out in the media like a whiny bitch.

carcharias

Immortal
Read it slowly and put down the bong.

Don't smoke pot.

What does this dribble mean?

"We have heard numerous times the 'control' Flanno has over Gal... "Tell him to have a break".... "Tell Flanno to get f**ked".

shadowboxer

First Grade
I was shouted down last year when suggesting he should bugger off. Strangely, I have softened a little, but still he is carrying on like a spoilt child and it aint helping anyone. Either shut up sign or move on. Not a lot of class from a club legend

Feej

First Grade
When we look to "Legends" within this club I reckon' Gal has a few ahead of him. He's not even in the same galaxy as Steve Rogers, ET and Gav Miller as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts