What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallens Contract and Future

Eion

First Grade
There's plenty that would take it seriously and are just plain shit.

Yes there were a few like that in the last state of origin game playing for QLd. They managed to pull something out of their ar8e cause they really wanted it!

They won it because they are a white hot team, not because they really wanted it.

A great team can carry a couple of plodders. A great team we are not.

bluey

Bench
As much as I have enjoyed watching Gal, the last couple of years have been ordinary to say the least.
You see this all the time people who have been in a job a long time start to think they own the place, and it never ends well.
Take the money Gal and concentrate on the sharks.
Yes that's right the club who made you who you are, not the other way around.

millersnose

Post Whore
things I have learned about gallen on this forum
he doesn't want to play club games for the sharks yet apparently refuses to come off
he is an ordinary player
his heart isn't in it and isn't putting in yet he is a hog who holds the ball too much
he plays injured too much yet he puts on injuries as an excuse not to play
he should play prop while leading the hit up counts and meters

I love this forum

things I have learned about gallen on this forum
he doesn't want to play club games for the sharks yet apparently refuses to come off
he is an ordinary player
his heart isn't in it and isn't putting in yet he is a hog who holds the ball too much
he plays injured too much yet he puts on injuries as an excuse not to play
he should play prop while leading the hit up counts and meters

I love this forum

Haha. Well put.

I'll throw in another variable into the discussion. I wonder whether Gal is interested in coaching in the future, and whether coaching opportunities have been one of the bargaining points of the negotiations.

I think ultimately Gal would love to do more with the body but the body aint what it used to be and he'll have to make some choices and compromises.

Interesting whats to sort out contract with us asap, but you dont hear about any other suitors for Gallen.

No Manly or Parra wanting him even Gold Coast who need players nothing

Ads

First Grade
Wouldnt think he would have too many options in the Nrl. He is old and wants a lot of money plus he tarnishes his legacy if he joins another nrl club.

webShark

Wouldnt think he would have too many options in the Nrl. He is old and wants a lot of money plus he tarnishes his legacy if he joins another nrl club.

I think he tarnishes his legacy if he goes to English SuperLeague as well. Like Steve Menzies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted these in the Gallen thread in the NRL forum, but will post here too.

Sharks record since Gallen has become NSW Captain. (From Round 11, 2011 til last weekend)

With Gallen - 53 games, 19 wins, 34 losses - 35.85% - Avg Score 21.2 For, 23.5 Against
Without Gallen - 46 games, 19 wins, 1 draw, 26 losses - 41.30% - Avg Score 16 For, 22.3 Against

Eion

First Grade
Oh no. Looks like our most experienced and one of our best players will be here next year. Razor blades please.

Latest posts