What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

He never said the fans were like terrorists. He said that terrorists use passion as an excuse, and that doesn't make them right. He's just making the point that the fans' passion can't justify their dumb actions.

He never says the fans are like terrorists.

Loudstrat

Coach
I am going to write a list of the decent Storm fans whose personal integrity is intact and rise above the pathetic mire that is the average down there. Itwont be a big list - but Attila's on it.

Even though Gallop got confused with Canterbury when he used the terrorist line - he is spot on. Storm fans whinge and bitch that Gallop did this, he didnt do that blah blah blah, but they can carry on and give him that reception, and cant handle his reply.

When he said that the booing proved that they supported the cheating, he was 100% correct - and needed to be said. He has become the target of pot shots from every brainless twat in the game - from Manly over Stewart, to Gus Gould and his stupid personal agendas. I notice no one from Canterbury carries on like that about Gallop. Just proves which club is big enough to take it's medicine.

As for the "Come down and show us leadership" line - How do you reckon he would have been recieved if he had? Melbourne get every advantage possible - Origins, Tests, World Cup finals, Home semis. How much do you thing an Origin would mean to the Perth bid? How much less crowd would a test get in Townsville or Canberrra than it does in Melbourne? How many times would 148000 fit into a Knights v Storm semi at Ausgrid? Or ANZ?

Is there any wonder you only got 14800 from that massive population base, when next door in an inferior game - but one that doesnt condone cheating to the scale that you do - got 90k?

Grow some balls Melbourne, or f*ck off.

Gallop - great call. Well done :clap::clap:

Rebel

First Grade
He never said the fans were like terrorists. He said that terrorists use passion as an excuse, and that doesn't make them right. He's just making the point that the fans' passion can't justify their dumb actions.

This x1000.
Im struggling to see what you guys think he said wrong.

Loudstrat

Coach
If he said "Gee the Yarra looks a bit muddy" he'd cop the same reception.

Obviously Melbourne fans are not terrorists. There's not enough of them to hijack 3 planes.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was at the game and he pretty much copped it big time from the whole crowd...if he had have grown a pair and come down to Melbourne earlier then he may have has some inch of respect from the Storm fans.

I have no issues with the penalties imposed last year but the manner in which he did it and the smug persona he displays does himself no favours.
The manner in which he did it? :lol: Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. That guy owes Melbourne NOTHING. Waldron et al brought what happened on themselves and THEY ALONE should be where Storm fans direct their anger.

As for Gallop, he was caught in a catch-22. Go down there any time before now and he's accused of rubbing it in their faces. Don't go down and he's a coward... so you can see he's stuck in a bit of a tough spot there.

I'm sure when we eventually find out the whole truth people will want ro do more than boo the culprits...

Anyone, and i mean ANYONE, that thinks the punishment wasn't fair is a fool.

But i aint nothing like a terrorist.

I think atilla sums it up correctly here, it's an analogy, not a direct likening of Storm fans to terrorists. There are quite a few reasonable Storm fans out there - atilla and Dani being obvious examples above, but there are still way too many who somehow think it's the NRL's/Gallop's fault that they got caught cheating and were punished, and for some reason take it out on him. It's truly bizarre.

Evenflow

Bench
The fans should boo their own club and whoever was involved in the cheating.

I can assure you if the chief rat came out of his hole and ever showed his face at the game he'd cop a hell of a lot more than just a bit of harmless booing. Fair enough if Gallop's fragile ego didn't like the booing but he should just harden the f**k up and get on with it. Demetriou gets booed pretty much every ground he goes to by pretty much every set of fans and you never hear him whingeing about it, in fact that smug f**k would more than likely treat it as a badge of honor and laugh it off.

Flapper

First Grade
Just heard the sound clip, is he giving this interview from a Dias in the middle of ANZ?

user_nat

Coach
Meh. I don't have a problem with that comment. It's not technically inaccurate.

You probably couldn't make a comparison to any group of passassionate people without offending someone.

stormbati

Bench
Im sure Gallop's on these forums.
Anyway, did he really use it on 9/11 anniversery? Lol

As for the booing, well, if he doesnt deserved to be boo'd for the salary cap scandal, he deserves to be boo'd for being a piss poor ceo.

He says we supported the cheating! No one supports the cheating! Why the f**k is Wally not in jail and why has he found another job? News are a joke and Gallop is their puppet. Boooooooo

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I hope he is, then he can see how delusional some Storm fans really are.

hitman82

Bench
I agree. I do support the Storm as a team, but I know that all the penalties were fair. The fans should boo their own club and whoever was involved in the cheating.

Great attitude.

Some Storm fans perhaps blame Gallop for other peoples' continued criticism of their side - I'm sure they still cop the cheat tags at games and at the office etc - not to mention on the net :lol:.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gallop used that vivid term in order to have a bit of a go at the fans who booed him - either way, no harm done IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Coming from the guy who cant see how the Bulldogs had an advantage in 04. Too funny. Just stay in the spoilers forum mate
We had as much of an advantage in 2004 as you do now and even next year. Players left our club whether you like it or not - players left yours too.

You are missing the point though. Your club and it's fans should be angry at Waldron and his "rats", not Gallop.

Noa

First Grade
He does have a point. I know if my C4-lined vest wasnt in the dry-cleaners (got my dates mixed up) booing would have been the least of his problems.

Brutus

Referee
Very thin-skinned from Gallop.

I heard someone mention the other day that he'd be a great politician.

Imagine if every politician used the terrorist analogy everytime they got booed?

If someone threw something at him then fair enough, but booing and hissing?? Fffs get over yourself.

We really need a fresh face as the head of our game. 10 years of this bloke is more than enough.

stormbati

Bench
We had as much of an advantage in 2004 as you do now and even next year. Players left our club whether you like it or not - players left yours too.

You are missing the point though. Your club and it's fans should be angry at Waldron and his "rats", not Gallop.

Oh so you agree. My apologies.
We're angry at them, but there was little action taken against him! Took so much action against everyone who knew nothing, yet the people who knew only lost their jobs and a little credibility. We've never had a chance to boo Wally.
Wally walks because he knows too much.

betcats

Referee
Oh so you agree. My apologies.
We're angry at them, but there was little action taken against him! Took so much action against everyone who knew nothing, yet the people who knew only lost their jobs and a little credibility. We've never had a chance to boo Wally.
Wally walks because he knows too much.

How is David Gallop supposed to punish Waldron?