What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

Snappy

Coach
would of it been that hard to give him a private phone call and apologize for rubbing him out for 4 weeks? Nope he had to drag it through the mud and have the media paint a bad picture of us.

Did Manly apologise for bringing the game into disrepute with a drunken season launch, which among other things involved a player punching a sponsor ?

Brutus

Referee
No surprises butt hurt storm fans took the analogy as Gallop literally calling them all terrorists. Victim mentality, poor comprehension, blowing it out of proportion, or a combination of all three.

I have no doubt supporters of all clubs would've acted the same way.

ceagle

Bench
Did Manly apologise for bringing the game into disrepute with a drunken season launch, which among other things involved a player punching a sponsor ?
What else happened besides that? Anyway I'm not going to argue about it, I am just using it as an example of Gallop's poor relationship managing skills with the players.

Noa

First Grade
So to summarise :

Storm fans = Terrorists, Victorians.
Souths fans = Homeless derelicts
Stains/Sharks fans = Nazis, white-power members
Doggies fans = Wannabe gangsters, drive-by merchants, ice dealers etc.
Panfers fans = Welfare recipients

Any others ?

Snappy

Coach
players being so drunk they were asked to leave hotels.

So did Manly apologise to the NRL for the punching incident and the overall disgraceful nature of the launch ?

Meth

Staff member
As an aside, Gallop ought to be booed at every Rugby League game and he ought to take it in good spirits. Same with politicians. Booing is harmless.

ceagle

Bench
players being so drunk they were asked to leave hotels.

So did Manly apologise to the NRL for the punching incident and the overall disgraceful nature of the launch ?
I have not even heard about players being asked to leave the hotel but your point is ridiculous. Did Lockyer apoligise to the NRL when he crash tackled that bloke when drunk a few years ago?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
just to be specific -he didnt call them terrorists, just said that the "passion" excuse didnt sit with him. his analogy isnt wrong, probably in this PC age wasnt the best one to use.

that said i'm not sure why he didnt think he'd get the reception he did. I take my hat off to him for going down there cos he knew what he was walking into and still went and did what he, as CEO had to do (passing on the shield).

he's not the first player/official to get booed at a presentation he wont be the last. do you think the reception at brookie would have been any different if manly won the minor premiership? I think he took this one pretty personally, he probably just needed to say "it was disappointing it happened as this was a chance to acknowledge the storm for their efforts this year" and leave it at that

betcats

Referee
What else happened besides that? Anyway I'm not going to argue about it, I am just using it as an example of Gallop's poor relationship managing skills with the players.

Im still waiting to see where Gallop called the cheat fans terroists?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Did Lockyer apoligise to the NRL when he crash tackled that bloke when drunk a few years ago?

:lol: lockyer's never crash tackled anyone in his career. it was probably an attempt at a tackle but looked like a hug, the dude didnt even flinch

Snappy

Coach
Actually he did. Publically.

Manly expect apoligies for everything, but can never admit any wrongdoing themselves. Just like a spoiled little kid.

God-King Dean

Immortal
telstra-deal_smile_s4a.jpg
20110128203738!Trollface.png

Rexxy

Coach
It was not an analogy. It wasn't even a simile. It was a metaphor and that makes a whole lot of difference to the spin put on it by the chattering classes, like the DT and news Ltd

A metaphor would be something like .... Iggy Plop is always complaining about Gallop. He whines like an old Holden with a f**ked diff...

Very thin-skinned from Gallop.

I heard someone mention the other day that he'd be a great politician.

Imagine if every politician used the terrorist analogy everytime they got booed?

If someone threw something at him then fair enough, but booing and hissing?? Fffs get over yourself.

We really need a fresh face as the head of our game. 10 years of this bloke is more than enough.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
TBH, if you chucked a turban on Bellamy's head and an AK47 in his hand he'd look pretty damn similar to Osama. Slightly less intense rhetoric but a class-a ranter nonetheless.