What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Terrorists???

Is this guy serious?

His assumption that all Storm fans booed him because of the salary cap breach was wrong. There were many reasons why he copped it Sunday.

His lack of presence in Melbourne for 18 months was a pretty poor decision when the club and fans needed some sort of quality leadership to talk through the situation. Staying in Sydney was just wrong.

Never mind the lack of tv coverage at a decent timeslot here in Melbourne, while he barely touched base with Ch.9 was another reason he copped a spray.
Lol pissweak response.

Your scum club was found guilty of hiding systemic cheating from him for 5 years. What the f**k was he supposed to do - go down there a week later and tell everyone it would be OK??

Melbourne were lucky that (a) they weren't booted from the comp forever (apparently it's imperative to have a soulless team down in that shithole city); or (b) they weren't forced to play for nothing for as long as they cheated.

Storm supporters should be cheering him for the leniency the NRL were forced to show, not booing him because they felt victimized.

Secondly, what input do you think Gallop has in determining what gets shown live in Melbourne? You going to blame him because Channel 9 are treating you poor Melbournians like shit? Apparently so.

Maybe Melbournians are just a really simple-minded folk ...

ceagle

Bench
This bloke is piss poor at handling relationships the players and clubs. Sure us and Melbourne make it tough but he has made it tougher by returning shots and fueling the fire, he is in control of the game ffs. With the Brett Stewart case, would of it been that hard to give him a private phone call and apologize for rubbing him out for 4 weeks? Nope he had to drag it through the mud and have the media paint a bad picture of us.

This guy can't handle being CEO

Doomednow

Bench
No surprises butt hurt storm fans took the analogy as Gallop literally calling them all terrorists. Victim mentality, poor comprehension, blowing it out of proportion, or a combination of all three.

Storm deserved to be stripped of their ill-gotten premierships, no doubt.

Gallop is conveniently forgetting the current TV coverage balls-up.

The only way anyone in Melbourne (irrespective of club allegiance) could watch the other N(for National) RL finals is by stolen Imparja satellite or illegal streaming.

That is unacceptable and I would boo him for that reason as well.

He is kidding himself he thinks it is only Storm fans booing him, it is rugby league fans who live in Melbourne who can't watch their game that are booing him too.

You have a better chance of watching games live in Thailand than in Melbourne!

Fix the coverage Gallop, you clown!!

Booooo!!!!

ceagle

Bench
No surprises butt hurt storm fans took the analogy as Gallop literally calling them all terrorists. Victim mentality, poor comprehension, blowing it out of proportion, or a combination of all three.
I have never heard the CEO of any sporting organisation call it's fans "terrorists" especially on 9/11

Snappy

Coach
Coming from the guy who cant see how the Bulldogs had an advantage in 04. Too funny. Just stay in the spoilers forum mate

Is that finally an admission from a Strom fan that they realise they are still beniftiing this year from the rorting ? Sure sounds like it to me.

Holy Shit I think Hell Just froze over, a Manly Fan agrees with a Parramatta Supporter, a Canterbury Supporter, and the few Melbourne Supporters who have not got their heads up their arses

well said Loudy and Timmah

Doomednow

Bench
I have never heard the CEO of any sporting organisation call it's fans "terrorists" especially on 9/11

Show me where he says "Storm fans are terrorists" and I will photoshop a picture of myself kissing your ring.

The quote was:

"I never really go for that whole passion line. I mean, terrorists are passionate about what they do and, you know, that doesn't make it right,"

Meaning:

"Passion can be easily misdirected or wrong, here is an example of extremely passionate people being wrong."

Any storm fan who thinks he said they were a terrorist is either twisting his words or a simpleton.

Evenflow

Bench
Secondly, what input do you think Gallop has in determining what gets shown live in Melbourne? You going to blame him because Channel 9 are treating you poor Melbournians like shit? Apparently so.

LOL surely you're taking the piss, you couldn't possibly be that dumb could you? It was Gallop that signed on the dotted handing over absolute power to the games number one broadcaster and letting them dictate where and when the decide to play/broadcast games.

Of course we're going to blame him for that given he was the one that gave the go ahead for nein to treat the game with absolute contempt down here you numpty. Nein are absolute scumbags because of that but at the same time they're only doing what Gallop gave them full permission to do.