What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop on the money

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
High quality, exciting football is what the code needs to advance over the next few years. Its been tinkered with to the point of being a boring one dimensional sport, which is sad because in the early nineties it was the most exciting game in the world. If we can get the quality of the game back to where it was then, we'll survive and prosper, if we dont then i have grave fears for the strength of the game long term.

Great post right there. My number one problem with league last year was the quality of the game. I stopped watching every game on the weekend- for 1 or 2 games with my favorite teams.

I think it will come to a time when teams wont survive on 10-12k people. And for all the bagging of Qlder's going on in this thread, you can't deny that the average attendances are fantastic. There's no reason why future expansion teams couldn't achieve similar results. Perth will take a while to build- but you have a huge population base with 4 sporting teams. I'm sure they'd carve out a niche.

Great post right there. My number one problem with league last year was the quality of the game. I stopped watching every game on the weekend- for 1 or 2 games with my favorite teams.

I think it will come to a time when teams wont survive on 10-12k people. And for all the bagging of Qlder's going on in this thread, you can't deny that the average attendances are fantastic. There's no reason why future expansion teams couldn't achieve similar results. Perth will take a while to build- but you have a huge population base with 4 sporting teams. I'm sure they'd carve out a niche.

Been there, done that, did'nt work. When the costs of keeping your team on the field far outweigh the costs of paying your players, distance and travel costs would be yet another ongoing drain.

Personally, I have no issue with a Perth team, just don't set them up for a fall before they even get started

adamkungl

Immortal
Well SouthsSupportUnlimited and Adam, all sound like damn good reasons. Maybe nights are not so bad!

The downsides -
1. Its f**king cold.
2. Beer just makes it colder. After a few I can't feel my hands anymore.
3. The cheergirls wear jackets, because it's f**king cold.

Loudstrat

Coach
you know you really need to get over this obsession. How many threads is that you have now spouted your nonsense about these imaginary people who want to kill off all Sydney teams? Seriously have a look at how many threads you've posted the same thing on!

About 1% of the threads calling for Sydney to be decimated, and about 0.5% of the threads by the likes of you blaming Sydney for everything.

mik01

Juniors
About 1% of the threads calling for Sydney to be decimated, and about 0.5% of the threads by the likes of you blaming Sydney for everything.

and dickheads like you who use any excuse to bag out Qld teams - like this positive, well written article.

seriously - what trackhead takes a great article like this and uses it to bag out the profitable portion of the NRL? oh - its you.

so there was some scepticism from a few Qld teams - who wouldn't be when Gallop's talking?
let's see - Gallop shows up on the doorstep, grin on his face, twinkle in the eye - 'Hey there guys, I've got a good story to tell - open the door and let me in'.. suspicions are instantly aroused...

bagging out the only profitable arm of the NRL isn't a very wise move dick - love to see if you can sell out an Origin game without much begging and pleading from the old boys this year.... haha

Knightmare

Coach
We'll sell it out, don't you worry. Love to see if you can fill an Origin side with Queenslanders (i.e born and raised north of the Tweed) from #1 to #17. Haha.

adamkungl

Immortal
and dickheads like you who use any excuse to bag out Qld teams - like this positive, well written article.

seriously - what trackhead takes a great article like this and uses it to bag out the profitable portion of the NRL? oh - its you.

so there was some scepticism from a few Qld teams - who wouldn't be when Gallop's talking?
let's see - Gallop shows up on the doorstep, grin on his face, twinkle in the eye - 'Hey there guys, I've got a good story to tell - open the door and let me in'.. suspicions are instantly aroused...

bagging out the only profitable arm of the NRL isn't a very wise move dick - love to see if you can sell out an Origin game without much begging and pleading from the old boys this year.... haha

I'm sure I'll regret getting into this yet again, but there is not a shread of evidence to suggest that QLDers would have sold out an 80,000 seat stadium, on account of them not having one.

mik01

Juniors
We'll sell it out, don't you worry. Love to see if you can fill an Origin side with Queenslanders (i.e born and raised north of the Tweed) from #1 to #17. Haha.

nothing for me to worry about - my team is financially solid, has a huge supporter base who actually turn up for every game, Qld are Origin champs - again, big Mal is coach and you flappers are whinging and squabbling over who has the least attendance figures.
it's actually amusing to sit back and watch it unfold...

all in all, I'd say I have less to worry about than you and some of your whinging sydney mates on here...

lockyrulz

Juniors

Not really.

They are calling for Sydeny clubs to play in a sydeny comp.

You call it 'death' because you are a league snob, who apparently would ditch his team on the proviso that it was no longer playng in the NRL.

Yet you condsider yourself a truer league fan, got to love the irony.

mik01

Juniors
I'm sure I'll regret getting into this yet again, but there is not a shread of evidence to suggest that QLDers would have sold out an 80,000 seat stadium, on account of them not having one.

are you kidding????
Origin sells out within an hour or 2 tops...

if that doesn't strongly indicate another 25k wouldn't snap the rest up in another hour then what will?

MsStorm

Bench
Rather than people make comments about Cronulla playing in front of crowds below 10,000 therefore they should be shipped to Adelaide, how about some facts?

Crowds of less than 10,000 _

6 Penrith

5 Canterbury

4 Warriors, Souths

3 St.George, Cronulla, Canberra

2 Parramatta, Manly (one at Gosford), Roosters, Melbourne

It would appear most crowds of less than 10,000 would occur at night in the colder months when games are on TV live, maybe this needs to be looked at. Blackout in home city?

I agree with your comments in the final para, it can get really cold in Canberra NZ and Melbourne and probably in NSW in winter, but NSW clubs should be getting better crowds because more games should attract opposition supporters.

Perhaps when the concepts of memberships kicks in, which I feel confident will happen in the future, crowds will increase simply because people will want to make the most of purchasing one.

Knightmare

Coach
nothing for me to worry about - my team is financially solid, has a huge supporter base who actually turn up for every game, Qld are Origin champs - again, big Mal is coach and you flappers are whinging and squabbling over who has the least attendance figures.
it's actually amusing to sit back and watch it unfold...

all in all, I'd say I have less to worry about than you and some of your whinging sydney mates on here...

Nice way to dodge the question. I think Craig Bellamy is a good chance at bringing the shield back where it belongs, away from the XXXX Dream Team. Win or lose, you bet I will be amongst the sell-out crowd at ANZ, may of whom have been to as many league games in 1 month as SE Queensland gets in 3. I can imagine the look on Inglis's face as he wonders if pretending to forget where Bowraville is was the dumbest decision he ever made. :p

Canard

Immortal
And it also has meaning. Saying the Qld clubs are not sharing his enthusiasm.

No quotes exist from the AFL either. Are you saying the whole article is bullsh*t?

Can't argue with that flawless logic.

What Im saying is that that line was meaningless and a throwaway line.

And just a bit of pointless QLD bashing that doesnt help the game in any way.

Latest posts