What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop talks Expansion, TV Deal, John Grant, State of Origin and AFL

BDGS

Bench
yep, I'm in the bidding team. There is a lot happening. Our Twitter (@westcorridorbid) and Facebook are full steam ahead while we do some primary research within the region. The bid site will be up shortly and we have plenty of sponsors interested in getting on board.

We are going to be an NRL team with a fresh perspective and I look forward to telling you all about it as we progress!

ah, so we still have 0 fans for this.

BDGS

Bench
Does anybody else think that a member of the actual bid going to a forum site is a little bit amateur on the business side of things?

That segment on the footy show last week couldn't have helped either!.

docbrown

Coach
Does anybody else think that a member of the actual bid going to a forum site is a little bit amateur on the business side of things?

That segment on the footy show last week couldn't have helped either!.

If you want to feel the heartbeat you go where the blood is pumping.

Missed the footy show, what happened?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If you want to feel the heartbeat you go where the blood is pumping.

Missed the footy show, what happened?

Just interviewed all the meth addicts along with the metho drinkers and centrelink westies of Redcliff? to make everyone up there look like idiots.

Classy stuff from the Footy show as usual.

bobmar28

Bench
Just interviewed all the meth addicts along with the metho drinkers and centrelink westies of Redcliff? to make everyone up there look like idiots.

Classy stuff from the Footy show as usual.

Redcliff? What would that have to do with Western Corridor? It's about 100 k from Ipswich.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Umm that's why I put one of these ? in there, I wasn't quite sure which area they were putting shit on :roll:

Umm that's why I put one of these ? in there, I wasn't quite sure which area they were putting shit on :roll:

Fair enough but even demographically Redcliffe is becoming one of the richest areas in SEQLD (unless you count Scarborough, that suburb is a pisshole) and Ipswich, is well... Ipswich.

mongoose

Coach
Fair enough but even demographically Redcliffe is becoming one of the richest areas in SEQLD (unless you count Scarborough, that suburb is a pisshole) and Ipswich, is well... Ipswich.

nothing wrong with scarborough, maybe you mean deception bay

rednblack

Juniors
The longer the better. Seeing bears fans crying about not having a team is almost satisfying as watching them cry when they get (sorry, got, has to be past tense) hammered at North Sydney Oval..

Funny, I recall seeing the good ol' bears HAMMER the eagles in a NSW cup clash at NSO only a couple of months ago... 40-4 if I remember correctly!

Narry a tear in the house on that day. Except from the eyes of those couple of Manly fans that stayed the duration.

Sure, it wasn't in the top league, and I don't give a crap about all the BS you'll no doubt sprout, about "we have a team and you don't" etc. Childish games if you ask me. The fact is that the Bears HAVE supporters, always have and always will, regardless of where they play, in which competition and against whom.

Sure, we're all disappointed that we were dudded out of the comp, and not a single person I know followed the stupid beagles take-over. Sure, we acknowledge that Manly conned their way into retaining their name/colour/control. But you also must acknowledge that our fans are as passionate, as desperate for our team as any other fan.

And as far as tears at the oval - yep, no denying we struggled sometimes on the field over the years. But cut the crap about not being as deserving as anyone else to support our team. If I choose to continue supporting the bears (even if just to boo at Manly) then I have that right. I choose to attend North Sydney Oval and to support MY team, and YOU can't tell me otherwise.

Its the simplistic, uninformed, ignorance of your argument that offends me most. If the CC Bears (or the Bears in any other location) were to have a compelling argument for an NRL franchise license (as I believe they do), then you should be spruiking the virtues of the alternatives, not just deriding the CC bid with the typical vitriol of an uninformed, uneducated, one eyed Manly simpleton.

westcorridor

Juniors
Redcliff? What would that have to do with Western Corridor? It's about 100 k from Ipswich.

Worse from the perspective of a show supposedly about rugby league is that Ipswich is a rugby league heartland in every sense of the word; players officials fans ; it is the city’s sport.

When something like this is aired, all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot

westcorridor

Juniors
Would also like to add Channel 9 have formally apologised for the Footy Show skit. We will accept that with good grace and move on