What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallops reception

afinalsin666

First Grade
I will be jeering along with all the 30k(? no idea on the capacity at brookvale) Manly fans booing him as well. I don't mind the punishments dished out, i'm over it, and i agree that they were probably not harsh enough, but the smug look on his face when reading the announcement of the Storm being over and having the premierships stripped really p*issed me off. Punishment = Fine. Smugness = Asshole.

And i'm going to be booing the asshole with all my lungs.

Lowdown

Juniors
That's the whole thing though, even if Storm fans boo him for several other reasons other than the cap thing the usual suspects around here will instantly think it's soley because of that and won't be able to criticize us quick enough regardless of what the reasons are.

The ironic/hypocritical thing is these are the same dickheads that bitch and moan about Gallop on here every second day about how incompetent the bloke is and would be the first to boo him at any ground he was attending, yet they'll also be the first to bag shit out of Storm fans for doing exactly the same thing.

How dare you make this much sense in a single post. Outrageous.

sting

Bench
Billy Slater is taking a $200k pay cut per year to stay at the Storm at the peak of his career. If the Storm don't think they gained an advantage by paying him overs for the last 5 years then they are silly.

Not even a sorry from them. The game deserves better than inviting these types of people in.

This. I'm sick of hearing about those great guys at the storm taking paycuts this year. Very easy to do after earning overs for last few years. Without the cheating I'm sure the team wouldn't still be together.

The Storm winning the minor premiership despite all that happened last year and the decimation of their squad will go down as one of the greatest efforts by a club in the history of the game. Bellamy deserves coach of the decade for how he has kept the purple machine going in the face of what happened and how he continually turns no hopers into premiership winning players.

You're a f**king idiot with no understanding of the game or appreciation of history.

The only valid reason any Melbourne fan would have for daring to boo Gallop would be the treatment they get from channel 9 and him not doing anything about it

Right on cue, one of the mental midget halfwits i spoke of. Firstly it's 95% of the RL league world that hate us and in all honesty i don't think that's enough. An increase will only come from a GF win but we're a long long way from achieving that so until then i'll just dream. I'm sure that was meant as some sort of insult but after the shit we've copped in the last year i can assure you that Storm fans treat that as a badge of honor. We're hated, we geddit but we also love it.

Secondly, the players didn't "demand" to meet Gallop, they requested to meet him for some clarification just like any employee of any company in the world is more than within their rights to do. I'll say it again because obviously you were too stupid to take it in the first time, the NRL and their tireless investigations found absolutely NO evidence that the players were compliant in any way, if they did there obviously would've been action against them, there wasn't. With that being the case and them being found totally innocent, why didn't they deserve a meeting to answer any questions they might've had?

It's not up to me or numpties like you to decide what the players might have needed explained to them, it's none of our business as we didn't go through it as they did. They asked for a meeting from the boss of our sport for their own reasons and he blatantly ignored them. The ones that were found guilty of breaches got done and deservedly copped their right whack, but given the players were found completely innocent by the organization you clearly have so much faith in there's no possible reason why he should've declined meeting the players, after all they're the ones that lost the most out of this in terms of trophies.

If you asked for a meeting with your boss would you expect to be totally ignored? That may be a dumb question because there's every chance you don't even have a job.
From what I read of the findings from the investigation, they do not state that the players were innocent. It pretty much alludes to them either being ridiculously stupid (mental midgets in other words) or completely aware of what they were involved in. I don't think the players are as stupid as you present yourself here, that makes them cheats who got off completely.

you're a fu**ing idiot with no appreciation for the game

it's fun this isn't it? :)
Are you stating that you believe beyond doubt that the Storm players involved in the salary cap cheating were completely unaware that the signing of seperate contracts, some of which they were advised to keep to themselves, were not in fact in breach of NRL rules and regulations?

Will you be involved in player salary negotiations once Perth gets a team in the NRL?

sting

Bench
Your comment = that a team of cheats is one of the greatest of all time...

Compared to my comment = suggesting that of course players getting massively inflated pay cheques knew it was cheating...

Hmmm I think I know which one is more realistic.

Thank you for acknowledging that you have no respect for the history of the game though. Melbourne one of the best of all time, what a joke.

Melbourne are a great team, achieved by ignoring the restrictions put on other teams. It is obvious who is more realistic in this discussion. No player was cleared of misconduct in the investigation, they just weren't punished.

Evenflow

Bench
From what I read of the findings from the investigation, they do not state that the players were innocent. It pretty much alludes to them either being ridiculously stupid (mental midgets in other words) or completely aware of what they were involved in. I don't think the players are as stupid as you present yourself here, that makes them cheats who got off completely.

So there's concrete proof the players were guilty then? Obviously not given there were no individual penalties handed down to them. You can say the findings alludes to whatever the f**k you want but the fact is there was absolutely nothing found to prove them guilty. If they were then why were they not punished?

You can theorise in your little tinfoil hat until the cows come home but unless there's definitive proof they were complicit in the rorting then they're innocent no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. Though by all means knock yourself out and keep fighting the good fight though champ :lol:

firechild

First Grade
I imagine he'll get booed. Thing is, what do Melbourne (especially) and Manly fans feel he should have done differently?

Gallop should have waited for Brett Stewart's court case to run its own course without assisting the media to drag his name through the mud. He also shouldn't have found an excuse to suspend him when we all know that the real reason Brett was suspended was because he was charged with a serious crime and hence was never afforded the reasonable assumption of innocent until proven guilty. Brett had a hard enough time dealing with such serious allegations against him without having the CEO of the NRL jump in with the prosecution waiting for him to be lynched. The matter should have been nadled in exactly the same way the Benji Marshall assault case was handled. One simple word would have cleared the matter up long ago..."sorry".

So there's concrete proof the players were guilty then? Obviously not given there were no individual penalties handed down to them. You can say the findings alludes to whatever the f**k you want but the fact is there was absolutely nothing found to prove them guilty. If they were then why were they not punished?

You can theorise in your little tinfoil hat until the cows come home but unless there's definitive proof they were complicit in the rorting then they're innocent no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. Though by all means knock yourself out and keep fighting the good fight though champ :lol:
You're right. I can theorise all I want and it makes not one iota of difference to the outcomes from the findings. I theorise that the investigation was tainted by the fact that the organisation charged with doing the investigating had a vested interest in not finding themselves complicit in the blatant cheating. Even saying that I read the released version of the findings from start to finish. I do not understand why more actions were not taken against the players. They were far from cleared of any wrong doing in that report.

Evenflow

Bench
You're right. I can theorise all I want and it makes not one iota of difference to the outcomes from the findings. I theorise that the investigation was tainted by the fact that the organisation charged with doing the investigating had a vested interest in not finding themselves complicit in the blatant cheating. Even saying that I read the released version of the findings from start to finish. I do not understand why more actions were not taken against the players. They were far from cleared of any wrong doing in that report.

So let me get this straight, in summary you don't have any evidence whatsoever and the investigation couldn't find enough (or any) evidence to prove the players were complicit in the cap rorting. So basically you're only going by what you "think" happened but in reality you actually know sweet f**k all as to what really happened and pulling theories out of your arse. Is that pretty close? Yeah thought so.......

2zreq7l.jpg

So let me get this straight, in summary you don't have any evidence whatsoever and the investigation couldn't find enough (or any) evidence to prove the players were complicit in the cap rorting. So basically you're only going by what you "think" happened but in reality you actually know sweet f**k all as to what really happened and pulling theories out of your arse. Is that pretty close? Yeah thought so.......
The same organisation found in it's investigation that not a single one of it's administrators at the club were culpable. It did find that the players involved would have to be as thick as planks to not have know what was going on but chose not to pursue them further. I accept that you're a one-eyed supporter with little credibility so I can't say your insults affect me greatly. Did you enjoy last nights game? I did.