What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Quigs

Immortal
Young Flange, it was his Con Tolios moment. Old farts would remember every wrasslin' bout Con was in he'd have a moment of glory and it would be the comeback of comebacks only to see his bigger opponent just belt him in the mouth and then beat the shit out of him for the remainder of the bout.

A real head in the bag type of fighter.

And as for that intercept pass to Julius Summder-Rapien, it would have to be up there with one of the useless, stoopid passes I have ever seen. The Jess should of just stood there and waved and yelled.... "Give it to me, give it to me".

DJDL

First Grade
I honestly don't know how to feel after a win like that.

If I'd just logged on to check the score and saw 48-10 I'd be stoked.
But watching it I can't help but feel it is still a far from complete performance and, at the end of the day, we're still miles off the pace.

Let's be honest, the Dogs are woeful.
Woeful.

To be up 48-4 with 20 to go and not really put them to the sword, to me, speaks volumes about where this club is at.
There's a lack of killer instinct or ruthlessness, which is seemingly ingrained in the culture.

Looking at the stats there were still 60 missed or ineffective tackles - an improvement on last week, but on par with the effort against the Broncos, who are a far more potent side.
We made 13 errors - pretty much the same as the past couple of weeks.

I'll take the result any day of the week, but pharque me there's a lot of work to do.

carinashark

First Grade
A better team would have made us pay. Then could we still have won? I’m also thinking the Berries made McInnes and Moylan look good, not a good thing for the future.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I reckon some are being a bit harsh. Yeah we didn’t score in the last 20 so there is that but we needed a big win like that for confidence heading into another bye.

We were pulled back for forward passes that could have led to tries on at least 3 occasions.

Weaponhead

Coach
That game tells us mostly what we already know. The Dogs are shit. The Sharks beat shit teams. The Sharks rattled up a score which helps for and against.

The interesting thing from yesterday was how direct they played. Far more tries scored in the middle and by forwards than usual. That was a change. The question is can they do this against better teams. Won't know the answer until they play a good team again.

Following the bye they have 10 games to get it together and figure out how they beat good teams in big games.

Special K

Coach
One noticeable thing I thought was the control we played with. Breaks we didn't push the pass (Hynes when he went 80 or so didn't try and fling it in) and we seemed to try and go set for set with the dogs until they couldn't any more. Typically in these sort of games we can try and score on every play which leads to errors, field position and leaked tries.

Dragons, Tigers the next 2 after the bye gives us a chance to really develop some good habits - or continue bad ones.

Toby and BHU are our starting props - how many games have they started together this year? Hunt is our third string guy and he is missing. Hazleton can't be dropped after that effort. Lots to consider for Fitz.

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
Hazleton can't be dropped after that effort. Lots to consider for Fitz.

Agreed. He’s more than earned his spot over the past couple of months, which is why I think it’s time for the weakest link to be moved on from the 17 - Wade.

Special K

Coach
Agreed. He’s more than earned his spot over the past couple of months, which is why I think it’s time for the weakest link to be moved on from the 17 - Wade.
Yep. McInnes, Williams and Big Tom were 3 of our best yesterday.

According to the League Live app last night - 27 minutes Jack Williams 1 try (139m, 5 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks) Hazelton 18 minutes 1 try (78m, 5 tackle breaks, 1 line break)
McInnes 53 minutes 1 try (107m, 3 tackle breaks, 1 line break, 1 line break assist)
Graham 25 minutes (19m)

Reminds me of Sesame Street and one of these things is not like the other

Tiger Shark

Bench
I reckon some are being a bit harsh. Yeah we didn’t score in the last 20 so there is that but we needed a big win like that for confidence heading into another bye.

We were pulled back for forward passes that could have led to tries on at least 3 occasions.
Don’t think I’ve seen so many tries bombed by forward passes ever.

R-15-3

Bench
Wouldn’t mind rotating our middles for a week off going into the end of the season to keep them all fresh if injuries allow us.

3 forward passes that were still forward.
Need to execute and put those to bed.
Better defensive teams put even more pressure on those plays.
Maybe we throw even more against better sides?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wouldn’t mind rotating our middles for a week off going into the end of the season to keep them all fresh if injuries allow us
Glass half full man.

So we are going to beat a hundred odd years of truth. Cop 50 you are out.

True Shark I guess.

The coach will never give up, rather than blood for next year , will persist with old timers.

Record keeps skipping, but hey history is made to be broken.

My glass was half empty, then other teams drank some, mine is one eighth filled.

Little water left.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The dogs actually rushed us outside and shut us down on the longer sweep plays so we resorted to the short side ones which we were cramped and that’s when most of the forward passes came. Execution yep but it’s no different to doing a hit up and hoping someone misses a key tackle.

R-15-3

Bench
W
Glass half full man.

So we are going to beat a hundred odd years of truth. Cop 50 you are out.

True Shark I guess.

The coach will never give up, rather than blood for next year , will persist with old timers.

Record keeps skipping, but hey history is made to be broken.

My glass was half empty, then other teams drank some, mine is one eighth filled.

Little water left.
WTF are u on about or WTF are you on.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wouldn’t mind rotating our middles for a week off going into the end of the season to keep them all fresh if injuries allow us

I assumed you meant to keep them fresh for the finals to allow us to win. My Bad keep them fresh for what next year?

Latest posts