What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day experience

Doomednow

Bench
Not sure how I feel about that song. It's right on the cusp of being too cringey, but doesn't quite cross it. It's teetering on the edge. The verses are pretty terrible.

cain3y

Juniors
Well all I can say is go the mighty panthers all the way. I won't be leaving early when we beat the bulldogs I'll be singing, bad lyrics and all.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not sure how I feel about that song. It's right on the cusp of being too cringey, but doesn't quite cross it. It's teetering on the edge. The verses are pretty terrible.

I have a soft spot for the original - "The Panthers Song". Especially the banjo.

Randy81

Juniors
I used to sing "go the mighty panthers" at assembley in primary school and nowadays my 5 year old loves singing it. So yeah, pretty special to me. Glad to hear it's back.

Just a little something on the other songs being played in the game. A friend of a friend wrote some lyrics for gus which the club is hoping the crowd sing along to during the game.
They are supposed to have lyrics on the big screen (which appeared only for the defence one. But they run out of time for the rest). Tbh I can't really see it working that we'll but I guess we will see.

Pugzley

Still playing music on the speakers when we get in the opposition twenty or the Panthers are in defence in their 20. FFS it's not b'ball.

Pomoz

Bench
Hmm, I'm with you it is cringeworthy. We should try and get another song. Surely somebody in Penrith has the musical talent to come up with a better song than the limp wristed go the mighty Panthers? A team song is important, note the reaction to it not being played last week, but please make it a good one.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
I Like the Go the Mighty Panthers song although I will admit it does have its cringeworthy moments. however the new De-Fence, ONE SET. now thats freakin cringeworthy.... too Americanized, we are watching Rugby League, A real sport.....

also, whats with no more hells bells intro for the boys to run out to. that was the best fire up song :(

the new pre game music is average but had nothing on the previous heavy one (the one which would blast the speakers out lol) the old one you could actually feel the tension pre game & also was a fire up.

ah well, cant have everything I suppose.

maple_69

Bench
The important thing is they're trying to make the gameday experience better. They haven't hit the mark on everything but if they continue to try things to make going to thr football a better option than staying at home then our crowds will go up. Consulting with MLB is a great step. Baseball is as boring as watching paint dry but those guys know how to entertain a crowd. The BBLhad great success through a similar process. We just need to take those learnings and apply it to our market.

Last edited:

Pugzley

For Heritage round, gents.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2014/04/03/game_day_information_panthers_vs_raiders.html

Game Day Information - Panthers vs Raiders
Thu 3rd April, 12:46PM

1396491083771.jpg

Round 5 is Men of League Heritage Round in the NRL. Saturday April 5, our very own Panthers take on the Raiders at Sportingbet Stadium. Coming off a good win, the Raiders will be determined to prove last week wasn’t a fluke. Ivan Cleary’s men will be out to redeem themselves for what was an uncharacteristic display against the Eels last week.

To celebrate the wonderful occasion, Men of League Heritage Round, recognising the steep history and wonderful traditions of rugby league which go back more than 100 years, the Panthers will release an exclusive limited offer of heritage jersey and once only reprint of the 1991 Premiers T-shirt, FREE with every heritage jersey purchased. There are only 100 heritage jerseys for purchase and you must be at the game to buy.

Tying into the Heritage Round our number one season ticket holder Mark Geyer and Colin Van De Voort will be inside Sportingbet Stadium from 4pm – 5pm with the 1991 Grand Final Trophy. Pop by, say hello and get your photo taken with two Panthers legends and the 1991 Grand Final Trophy.

The western gate opens at 1.00pm with the NYC Panthers leading the action in the curtain-raiser at 1.15pm, the NSW Cup Panthers will be ‘back in black’ at 3.15pm and the NRL fixture gets underway at 5.30pm.

While thousands of Panthers and Raiders members have already secured their tickets, supporters can still get tickets through ticketek.com.au or avoid needless delays, tedious queues and higher costs by clicking here and becoming a Member today just like more than 12,700 Panthers faithful have already done.

Kids of all sizes and ages are invited to our ever popular Kidz Korner, which is now a permanent feature at Sportingbet Stadium. They're all back, the super slide, cup & saucer, bungee trampolines, pass the ball, jumping castle, face painting, balloons and fairy floss continue to be a favourite at Sportingbet and still absolutely FREE. There’s never been a better time to bring mum & dad to the footy.

If the rides and amusements aren’t enough, Sportingbet will host “Kids On The Field’ immediately after the NRL fixture. Once all players and officials leave the playing surface, the ground announcer will signal the right time for kids to run on and stay for up to 20 minutes.

More food and beverage options – pricing options for members and non-members and a very special and unique announcement to be made only if you're at the stadium.

See you this Saturday at the home of the Panthers.

For more information on Membership options call 1300-PANTHERS or click here

franklin2323

Immortal
Aside from the Titans game this is our hardest to sell. Glad we are trying something hopefully the rain holds off so people turn up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Only 100 heritage jerseys? Any idea what they're going to cost members? Hoping it's not a premium price due to limited quantities.

snickers007

Juniors
So I'm making my first trek to Sportingbet for the year - looks like it's going to be a wet one!

Can someone give me a rough idea where this mexican food joint is? Eastern/Western sides?
Also, how does the ordering from your seat thing work?

Panther Pete

Juniors
So I'm making my first trek to Sportingbet for the year - looks like it's going to be a wet one!

Can someone give me a rough idea where this mexican food joint is? Eastern/Western sides?
Also, how does the ordering from your seat thing work?
The Mexican food stand is located in the north western end of the groud. Not sure about the app for ordering from your seat.