What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day round 9 V Warriors

j0nesy

Bench
Vent your frustrations on the Facebook page, I just posted this in the press conference article...

"We are almost unwatchable when in possession of the football. It has been that way for some time (probably since late 2011) and hasn't improved under Mary. This is not a well drilled, well structured team.

I was one of your staunchest fans Mary. But you've had a year to sort this rabble out and have failed. The icing on the cake for me would have to be your obsession with Dugan a centre. The Dugan at centre tactic may work for a team that is capable of getting good clean early ball to their outside backs and/or putting their outside backs in space. Unfortunately we are not that team.

As for the club's management, it's very poor. Recruitment and retention decisions have been poor (e.g. Merrin, Morris, Bird, Hastings). Promotion and marketing is not great, The St George Red V is one of the most recognised brands in league yet we fail to capitalise on it and are struggling financially. Home grounds and fans not given respect, "there are 4 actual home games a year "but if you join the Red V we'll give you a "free" hat and sticker". Crowd numbers are down.

Poorly coached rabble. Poorly manage club. Good luck with your investment Mr Gordon, you're our only hope."

I feel a little better now ;-)

Smurf

Juniors
It's taken me a while to get over Sunday's loss.
I have been looking at the ladder and that loss was huge .
Also I believe the Eels decision is going to be handed down today.
The speculation is the loss of points and a fine.
A win in NZ could of put us in 6th spot .
If only ......

BennyV

Referee
Well Lenin said: "Ignorance never yet helped anybody." The sooner you make a start the better and until you do, be so kind as to lose your infatuation vis-a-vis Russia.

During the period between 1945 and 1989 Russia or the Russian Empire didn't exist. If you mean occupied by the Soviet Union, well call it that if you like but as long as your aren't so idiotic as to say countries like Australia aren't occupied by USA and names like "Jim-bob" aren't perfectly normal in Australia.

Anyway, me and BennyV agree that the main problem with the Dragons attack is Gareth Widdop. We think the guy is a plodder and an imposter (obviously). The proof is the one game in the past 2+ years Widdop didn't play (it's not like he puts his body on the line and often gets injured) and the way numerous halfbacks have had a no luck forming a successful combination with him.

I'm not sure what is wrong with you homies or why you won't suffer any criticism of Widdop but I joined this forum for the express reason of releasing my frustration with this f**king destroyed of RL teams. Even the game against the Roosters, one try from a kick, one try from a Roosters mistake and one from an intercept and every second deluded moron on this forum is lauding the main playmaker...... WTF is going on in this forum vis-a-vis Gareth Widdop????

Wait, what? I stick my head into this thread for but a minute, and I find that I've been subjected to the lowest, most vile form of defamation; claims that I agree with Valisevsky! I don't think I've ever been so insulted in my life.

I am of the belief that the main problem with our attack, and our team overall, is Paul McGregor and his ridiculous hammering of the idea that games are won purely on defense, and the fact that he doesn't take attack seriously, at all, as evidenced by many comments that he has made.

Gareth, like many of our players, is a victim of this mentality, along with the sheer inability of our coaching staff to coach and manage basic skills within our players. See Dugan's supposed inability to pass despite having this ability at Canberra.

Now, I'm going to go and scrub myself until the filthy claim in bold above washes off.

Old Timer

Coach
Wait, what? I stick my head into this thread for but a minute, and I find that I've been subjected to the lowest, most vile form of defamation; claims that I agree with Valisevsky! I don't think I've ever been so insulted in my life.

I am of the belief that the main problem with our attack, and our team overall, is Paul McGregor and his ridiculous hammering of the idea that games are won purely on defense, and the fact that he doesn't take attack seriously, at all, as evidenced by many comments that he has made.

Gareth, like many of our players, is a victim of this mentality, along with the sheer inability of our coaching staff to coach and manage basic skills within our players. See Dugan's supposed inability to pass despite having this ability at Canberra.

Now, I'm going to go and scrub myself until the filthy claim in bold above washes off.

And his bad grammar made it even worse.

BrissyRedV

Bench

It wouldn't be the first time Vas has taken a comment from another person and some how twisted it to think it was in line with his views. He is also very adept at forming opinions for another. The opinion he formed for Cleary comes to mind.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Well Lenin said: "Ignorance never yet helped anybody." The sooner you make a start the better and until you do, be so kind as to lose your infatuation vis-a-vis Russia.

During the period between 1945 and 1989 Russia or the Russian Empire didn't exist. If you mean occupied by the Soviet Union, well call it that if you like but as long as your aren't so idiotic as to say countries like Australia aren't occupied by USA and names like "Jim-bob" aren't perfectly normal in Australia.

Anyway, me and BennyV agree that the main problem with the Dragons attack is Gareth Widdop. We think the guy is a plodder and an imposter (obviously). The proof is the one game in the past 2+ years Widdop didn't play (it's not like he puts his body on the line and often gets injured) and the way numerous halfbacks have had a no luck forming a successful combination with him.

I'm not sure what is wrong with you homies or why you won't suffer any criticism of Widdop but I joined this forum for the express reason of releasing my frustration with this f**king destroyed of RL teams. Even the game against the Roosters, one try from a kick, one try from a Roosters mistake and one from an intercept and every second deluded moron on this forum is lauding the main playmaker...... WTF is going on in this forum vis-a-vis Gareth Widdop????

If America formed a political party and installed them into power in Australia, then yes I would say USA is occupying Australia, as was the case with the Russian's (oopss, I mean the "Soviets") in Hungary in 1945.
You really need to read up on other history besides Lenin.

Memo to Widdop: Please, don't play for 4-5 weeks, just to show the communist how much worse the team is without you.

V

Vasilevsky

I knew that would get you in a huff. You are a funny guy. Predictable but funny.

V

Vasilevsky

If America formed a political party and installed them into power in Australia, then yes I would say USA is occupying Australia, as was the case with the Russian's (oopss, I mean the "Soviets") in Hungary in 1945.
You really need to read up on other history besides Lenin.

Memo to Widdop: Please, don't play for 4-5 weeks, just to show the communist how much worse the team is without you.

The Soviets didn't form a political party in Hungary. It was already there, fighting fiercely against the ruling capitalists before the Red Army arrived and Lenin died on the 21st day of January, 1924. This being so I'm not sure what you expect Lenin to have written on the Red Army liberation of Hungary. Lenin was without question one of the greatest geniuses but not even he could see specific events in the future.

As for your memo, I beg you to do all you can to put it into action. He is probably a decent enough person but the team is more important. If you have to attack him with a cricket bat in order to make it happen, so be it. He doesn't put his body on the line. Far from it actually. He has a habit of simply stepping out of the way when enemy ball carriers run straight at him. This being so, he is unlikely to get injured in a game so the task has fallen upon you.

Country Dragon

Juniors
The Soviets didn't form a political party in Hungary. It was already there, fighting fiercely against the ruling capitalists before the Red Army arrived and Lenin died on the 21st day of January, 1924. This being so I'm not sure what you expect Lenin to have written on the Red Army liberation of Hungary. Lenin was without question one of the greatest geniuses but not even he could see specific events in the future.

As for your memo, I beg you to do all you can to put it into action. He is probably a decent enough person but the team is more important. If you have to attack him with a cricket bat in order to make it happen, so be it. He doesn't put his body on the line. Far from it actually. He has a habit of simply stepping out of the way when enemy ball carriers run straight at him. This being so, he is unlikely to get injured in a game so the task has fallen upon you.

You really have issues you need professional help with.Please seek it out for everyone's sake!

Get2dachopper!

Juniors

Well we are making progress Vas, now you realise that indeed the Soviets/Russians occupied Hungary.

As for Widdop, I'll leave that to you, although I'd hazzard a guess that you will instead simply continue to hurl your tirade of insults from the safety of the grassy knowl.

possm

Coach
Well we are making progress Vas, now you realise that indeed the Soviets/Russians occupied Hungary.

As for Widdop, I'll leave that to you, although I'd hazzard a guess that you will instead simply continue to hurl your tirade of insults from the safety of the grassy knowl.

Ok, I've been reluctant to put my two cents into this conversation but can't help myself.

Firstly, I have to declare that my wife is Russian and my father Hungarian.

When the German's occupied Hungry late in WWII, the took control of most valuable properties and forced all young men to wear German uniforms. These Hungarian young men were forced to build infrastructure such as roads and railways. Any young men out of uniform were shot on sight.

When the Russians 'liberated Hungry' they shot on sight anyone in German uniform - no prisoners. They installed puppets in Government positions and later completely took over resulting in most young men fleeing to Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.

Last edited:
Ok, I've been reluctant to put my two cents into this conversation but can't help myself.

Firstly, I have to declare that my wife is Russian and my father Hungarian.

When the German's occupied Hungry late in WWII, the took control of most valuable properties and forced all young men to wear German uniforms. These Hungarian young men were forced to build infrastructure such as roads and railways. Any young men out of uniform were shot on sight.

When the Russians 'liberated Hungry' they shot on sight anyone in German uniform - no prisoners. They installed puppets in Government positions and later completely took over resulting in most young men fleeing to Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.

I think 'puppet' is the key word here.
For many lefty idealists like myself, it's an unfortunate but inevitable outcome of modern history that the Aussie government is more than willing to be a part of America's geo-political ambitions.
As bad as it is, it can't be compared remotely to the power exercised over Hungary by the Kremlin.
Can't see how even the most hardened 'revolutionary' could disagree with that.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
I think 'puppet' is the key word here.
For many lefty idealists like myself, it's an unfortunate but inevitable outcome of modern history that the Aussie government is more than willing to be a part of America's geo-political ambitions.
As bad as it is, it can't be compared remotely to the power exercised over Hungary by the Kremlin.
Can't see how even the most hardened 'revolutionary' could disagree with that.

I agree with most of what you say and Stalin was a total nightmare.
What has to be considered was the Soviets lost 25 million of their citizens.

So they were never, ever going to allow a situation to occur again, that another Nation could easily cross into their territory as the Germans did in 41.
So they created a buffer for better or worse.

I agree with most of what you say and Stalin was a total nightmare.
What has to be considered was the Soviets lost 25 million of their citizens.

So they were never, ever going to allow a situation to occur again, that another Nation could easily cross into their territory as the Germans did in 41.
So they created a buffer for better or worse.

Thus the inauspicious rise of the Putin-backed far right in Poland. How history repeats itself... Except when we couldn't beat the Warriors

Latest posts