What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY.... The Clinging To Fourth Mighties -v- Souffs

Quigs

Immortal
(chalk up one for the old fart. Up at 2am for another piss and no game day thread)

Big Game Today with the Mighties battling to hold onto fourth after weeks of consistently shit house form.

Can we do it? YES WE CAN.

How are we still fourth? Oh well, we will know tonight.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
The sad thing about this team is that we could either win by 40 or turn up and embarrass ourselves yet again, and neither of them would be surprising

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Well considering the wrist-slitters would be seriously out of control around these parts given a loss tonight I'm praying for a big win. Think it will happen too. Stoney a double. Sharks 38-12

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
(chalk up one for the old fart. Up at 2am for another piss and no game day thread)

Big Game Today with the Mighties battling to hold onto fourth after weeks of consistently shit house form.

Good effort at 2am Quigs. Just be grateful that you still wake up for a piss.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Because, despite the slump we are still the 4th best defensive unit in the comp.

In the last 3 game, when we may have arguably been at our worst the figures for the top 4 look like this

Panthers - 14 per game
Sharks - 19 per game
Storm - 16 per game
Roosters - 30 per game

The best performing team outside the top 4 in the same snapshot period is The Bulldogs with 15 points a game

If the Sharks can somehow hit form they are still well in this as a contender at least. Can't see them winning the thing but the outlook can improve a lot. Gaining back confidence and momentum is the key.

Starts tonight

dinghydi

Juniors
This is the Sharks and we are faithful declared idiots! Lose one week -->Wrist slitting time ..... Win next week ---> make your Grand final celebration plans. With that pattern in mind...

My money is on winning. I'm Almost certain of it! Also, if Bunnies get behind by a couple of tries at any stage their minds will drift towards Mad Monday celebrations and planning new off-season scandals.

bluefox68

Staff member
Well done, Quigs…

I didn’t even think about it this morning, as I was on a 65 km bike ride… Gotta stave off old age somehow!

bluefox68

Staff member
I guess dying of a Heart attack or being wiped out by a car would "stave off old age"!:D
So true.

Re: option 1 - I’ve been through the hard yards of nearly killing myself to build up fitness over the last 3 years…

Re: option 2 - I think about this every time I ride, but we try and do as much as possible on bikeways and we start at 5:30 / 6:00 am on Saturdays, so that helps…