What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Raiders (round 10)

Steve timpson

Juniors
If McGregor wasn't so dumb and sent a message out to take the field goal earlier it would have saved us all that angst

What....Widdop the captain can't decide that!!!?

You guys are absolute rubbish

Widdop is an adult....captain.....playmaker

But Mary has to tell him to kick one!!

Lol lol lol lol lol lol

You sirs... Are idiots

Mr Red

First Grade
If McGregor wasn't so dumb and sent a message out to take the field goal earlier it would have saved us all that angst

Mate the halves and hooker needed to take control of the set of six, tell the forwards where to run in order to position the kicker for a shot. Don't need the coach to tell them, they should be capable to assess the situation and implement the right play.

Pretty certain they would have rehearsed such a situation at training, however headless chooks prevailed yet again..

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
There are a lot of people here who are hard to please.

I just watched an awesome game of football, Frizzel and Thompson back to their best, Benji's best game in a long while, plenty of off loads, and a last gasp win.

What's not to like?

St Tangles

Bench

I just watched an awesome game of football, Frizzel and Thompson back to their best, Benji's best game in a long while, plenty of off loads, and a last gasp win.

What's not to like?

I'm happy we won but geez we make it hard on ourselves

thebigredv

First Grade

What's not to like?

How good was the physicality. Even Marshall was putting his body on the line several times. I still see a lot of the negative stuff, can't help it, but geez the effort is awesome, has been all year really.

Mr Red

First Grade
How good was the physicality. Even Marshall was putting his body on the line several times. I still see a lot of the negative stuff, can't help it, but geez the effort is awesome, has been all year really.

Barge ass is playing for a contract. Only ran the ball 2 or 3 times the entire night which indicates to me his hammy is still not right...

St Tangles

Bench
The games we've lost we have been in them early.
We lack a real match winner and one big bopper.
We make meters but really struggle in the opposition 20.
A year like this where we are not title contenders we really should be blooding a few youngsters.
Today would of been ideal to give Host a run.
Maybe they were worried about the size of the Raiders?

Mr Red

First Grade
The games we've lost we have been in them early.
We lack a real match winner and one big bopper.
We make meters but really struggle in the opposition 20.
A year like this where we are not title contenders we really should be blooding a few youngsters.
Today would of been ideal to give Host a run.
Maybe they were worried about the size of the Raiders?

Mate Host is a big unit, a lot bigger than Marketo...

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes, Marketo for a fringe player played well with speed around the rucks making good yards and safe as a bank.

Best thing was his celebration after the first try. May not have bells and whistles, and he probably won't hold his place in a full strength team, but he has the right passion for someone playing with the red v on.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Really impressed with Marshall tonight. He was huge in defence. His kicking game wasnt bad either. Not perfect, but a huge improvement from last week.

Dragsters

First Grade

What's not to like?

No argument here.

We looked a vastly different team with the ball tonight.

Offloads galore (and mostly effective ones) with lots of second phase play and adventurous passing with more support than I have seen all season.

Sure it was far from perfect and there's still plenty of work to do in attack but it was a vast improvement.

Raiders were mistake riddled but they defended well.

Im pretty happy we got the result as I said earlier we have a tough stretch of 4 games ahead.

Go the MIGHTIES!

Old Timer

Coach
More positives than negatives from tonights game.

At least we took some chances tonight and as a result we got some offloads and 2nd phase play going.

We still look mindless at times but I perceive that comes from the players not being willing to deviate from the prescribed game plan.

After all Mary is the coach and the players are supposed to follow his instructions and the trouble is Mary believes in strict structures and not playing what is in from of you.

As a result when we do play what is in front of us we look clunky because it isn't coming naturally and of course when the opposition play ad lib football our defence structure breaks down.

Happy to see us get the win unlike some who just bag everything because thats how they get their rocks off.