What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Raiders (round 10)

Minh

First Grade
Best thing was his celebration after the first try. May not have bells and whistles, and he probably won't hold his place in a full strength team, but he has the right passion for someone playing with the red v on.

100%, I am a big fan of Marketo and I've yet to see him play a bad game in the Red V. He will never dominate but the role he plays is very good IMO. At full strength would probably miss the cut.

Mr Red

First Grade
Agreed
I like what I've seen of him.
Maybe they want to ease him in but I would of played him.

Marketo is Mary's love child.
Apart from that I think the logic of playing marketo was that a smaller mobile forward might trouble the bigger slower raiders forwards around the ruck.

mickeylane

Bench
Good to see WIDDOP running to the line w intent.. On the flip side he has to stop his bullshit short kicking game .. Absolutely ineffective and embarrassing for international player.. If u want to see how to execute short kicking game watch Cameron Smith or Cooper Cronk..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Good to see WIDDOP running to the line w intent.. On the flip side he has to stop his bullshit short kicking game .. Absolutely ineffective and embarrassing for international player.. If u want to see how to execute short kicking game watch Cameron Smith or Cooper Cronk..

Yeah agree first time for a long time.
As far as short kicks yes they were horrid, but at least he was trying something, not like previous games when passed the ball to a flat footed forward.......at least the intent was there which is promising

grouch

First Grade
Once again we need the opposition to play dreadfully, and we still only just sneak home with a win. Paper those cracks

thebigredv

First Grade
There's only one type of fan that could be more annoyed than a Dragons fan tonight and that is the Raiders fan. Canberra really tried to lose it and we looked very shaky the whole time and couldn't handle Leilua, Lee or Rapana at all at crucial times.

I can only just hope we pluck a decent half from somewhere to replace Marshall immediately (no offence to Benji whodefended his guts out tonight but I'd rather even a 2012/13 version of Soward over him right now). Each of these wins are still 2 points that might help a magically different team that may finish the year. There are some other pretty rubbish teams out there, also keeping us in touch with the eight.

rasaint

Juniors
All up a top game to watch, both sides fully committed to winning.

At last a game where we had the rub of the green and were not knocked back by video ref.

Mitch Rein is a machine. Yes he may not pass crisply at times but tackles and constantly moves about the middle intent on plugging gaps. Makes good metres. Josh Dugan's defence was strong and took a magnificent bomb catch 2nd half. Still not really threatening the line they generally handle him prett well. Got pushed over the sideline again.

blacksafake

First Grade
Well there's not much to say except they got the 2 points. As usual it took the other side to play worst than us as well as some help from the ref but hey that's all part of dragons footy.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great effort by our boys tonight....I think The Raiders thought they were always going to win this one before the game started but our blokes stuck it to them early and I think they got a bit of a shock to how committed we were in those early exchanges...we still have a long way to go with our kicking options particularly with Widdop who seems a little kick happy on the 4th tackle ( hes probably used to having Slater sniffing around him waiting for the crumbs) ....still a wins a win especially against Canberra who had our measure for such a long time....well done fellas more of the same commitment next week please

BennyV

Referee
All up a top game to watch, both sides fully committed to winning.

At last a game where we had the rub of the green and were not knocked back by video ref.

Mitch Rein is a machine. Yes he may not pass crisply at times but tackles and constantly moves about the middle intent on plugging gaps. Makes good metres. Josh Dugan's defence was strong and took a magnificent bomb catch 2nd half. Still not really threatening the line they generally handle him prett well. Got pushed over the sideline again.

Lol Rein was average, at best tonight. POssible a bit of a victim of Marshall's hammy (I.e. Mary wanted to save interchanges so couldn't bring Havili on) but his passing at times was just pus, slow and inaccurate. It gets harped on about a lot but it's just so damn important! Add to that the number of scoots he'd take on the 4th tackle, leaving someone else to throw a lobbed pass and put our kicker under pressure, and the opportunities he'd miss with his rehearsed scoots...not the best game to advocate him...

Good defender though..

hewi

Bench
Positives, we got the two points, lots of great off loads, great effort by the team.
Negatives, Canberra won it for us, Gave away to many penalties again, dreadful kicking game by Widdop, some terrible last tackle options. Won't trouble the top teams just making up the numbers IMO.

since77

Juniors
Will take the win but geez this is one dumb football team. At least 2 opportunities in final 10 minutes to kick a field goal as it was obvious Raiders had another try in them .......
Our short kicking game is diabolical.

On a lighter note was amusing to see Gasnier on the sidelines cheering like a maniac after Aitken scored.