What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Balmain Magpies ( round 3/2024)

dinghydi

Juniors
Which side is favourite for the spoon?

FMFF.

it’s been said in this thread but it’s an old fashioned emotional ambush.
Nico has his deer in the headlights head on.. in a pumpkin head no less.

cmon mighties, you are better than this shit.
Jeez .. Have a look at the tigers . It was always a danger game but people and i guess the players too thought it was two points in the bag . Look at players they have in key positions , then recently Sezer and Justin olum ( big addition) and then the emotion of maybe last game at Leichart ! Always big danger game . !! Should be big lessons learned out of this one , you learn from failures more than successes.

On a positive note ... Its Rugby league! Emotion plays a huge part in it. Never discount it !

Weaponhead

Coach
A mentally and physically fragile performance. Effort areas were poor. Didn't recover from setbacks or defend errors. Physically monstered by an ordinary side. The offload count showed the contact was not good enough.

They looked to have really turned a corner with the Warriors win and a patient performance against the Dogs.

Big week for Fitz as some of the key players turned in absolute stinkers tonight.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I will say that Ronnie has been pretty good tonight considering
Both wingers can’t be faulted. Kennedy did okay as. Massive issues up front.
The half’s. Wow
Not making excuses for them, but fugg me, haven’t seen a worse performance in an age. Maybe Warriors at home last year.
Worst thing - Robbie Farrah and the previous water boy would be grinning ear to ear.

Matt reeked

Juniors
Out enthused from the kick off , Jack playing right edge doesn’t work . Our pack is lacking punch as is , looks bad know but very fixable . NEED AFB ASAP .

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Fitz will be pleased. Imagine that bus trip back.

Let’s be honest, we haven’t been good in any game we’ve played yet. Including trials. Not even in the 8 now.

Take the 2
I was playing rep Rugby years ago and our team was pretty shyte. It was when Randwick, Manly etc were at their fullest.
We hadn't scored a point all season.. it was our last game and I was Captain, we got a penalty in kicking distance, i had no hesitation. "Put some score on the board "
We got booed for it but I didn't care. It meant we didn't have a duck against us for every game haha.
f**k we were shit.

shaggs

Coach
We will be having a middles problem next week.
Dale injured
Rudolph injured
Hunt injured
BHU injured

Tooks was looking for big minutes for the jets but I doubt he plays bow

Leaves Kaufusi and Hazelton to start.

I have to be honest here, and I really do try and see positives in anything I can...
I don't rate Kafusi. There's something slow and wrong about the way he plays.
I can't wait for BHU, and Williams, to be back in the middle.

But hey, there's a song in my head. It'll either lift or kill your spirits

Keep dancing people, it's just footy

Frenzy.

Immortal
Jeez .. Have a look at the tigers . It was always a danger game but people and i guess the players too thought it was two points in the bag . Look at players they have in key positions , then recently Sezer and Justin olum ( big addition) and then the emotion of maybe last game at Leichart ! Always big danger game . !! Should be big lessons learned out of this one , you learn from failures more than successes.

On a positive note ... Its Rugby league! Emotion plays a huge part in it. Never discount it !
Never would.

Another thing is I think people read far too much into the Tigers game vs the Raiders and wrote them on. They were always going to be rusty for that one as they hadn't played since their second trial on 24 Feb. That was 4 weeks without footy.

I'll stick to what I said after round 1, there are no bad teams yet. Too early. There's the teams you respect and the teams you don't. The Sharks didn't respect the Tigers or the occasion. They just shat the bed again under the pressure of emotion. Although thay showed grit and apparent mental toughness for 2 games they still have a soft underbelly which they have to work doubly hard on now.

SharkShocked

Bench
I have to be honest here, and I really do try and see positives in anything I can...
I don't rate Kafusi. There's something slow and wrong about the way he plays.
I can't wait for BHU, and Williams, to be back in the middle.

But hey, there's a song in my head. It'll either lift or kill your spirits

Keep dancing people, it's just footy

He is definitely very, very, very average.

Really hasn't show any of the promise he had early in his eels days.