What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Dolph Fins

Frailty

First Grade
Fitz is making the same mistakes he made the last two seasons by being too loyal to underperforming players. Rudolf should be playing for the Jets, but is constantly in first grade (when not injured). Same with BHU.

This slump is solely on Fitz not holding players accountable. The players efforts have dropped (and defence is 90% effort) and they know there is little to no consequences.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't see how you can put that loss on Nicho. It is lazy. Thurston missed a sideline kick to win the gf for f**ks sake. We shouldn't have let in 22 f**king points in the first 25. I can't stand how if we concede the first try and just let in a shit ton of points right after. What the f**k?!

The team is gassed. I spoke with someone very close to them and he was saying at the penrith game how busted they were and needed the bye. Get BHU and Toby f**king fit. Stop dropping balls. Stop the dumb f**king penalties. Stop beating yourself.

No excuses, they got f**ked last night in that first 25. Dolphins played disciplined and made us pay. The f**king annoying thing is how we lost the game with our own dumb penalties, drop balls.

I'm f**king steaming. I hope they come back fresh from this bye.
They'll need to come back fresh because the Bulldogs will roll them if they don't

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wasn't home to watch last night so didn't participate in the thread. I did watch it though, with a whole heap of Titans players who were in the same hotel as I was in.

Anyway, I had a PM from a long time forummer. This was my reply

It wasn't very inspiring. I was away last night, saw the game, but didn't bother with the game day thread. Watched it at the Pullman at Olympic Park with the Titans boys.

The Sharks guys, when interviewed, bang on about clear and simple roles. The first 20 minutes they played like strangers without purpose. Forwards getting each others way, backs staggered in defence, no one connecting at all, no one taking the lead. Errors, penalties, back to not covering these blemishes up. They didn't even look fit to me . Dead set flacid performance.

I'm quite concerned about Nicho's head miles. He needs a new mindset coach, if he has to have one at all. I REALLY hope, for the Sharks sake he gets picked in origin by some miracle otherwise all the toys will be outta the cot I reckon and we'll be cooked.

I could blow the forum up with this. The Sharks can't win big games with Nicho in the team it seems. Haven't won a semi with him. Beat Storm and Broncs without him. Snuck home against Roosters and mentally raped by the Dolphins last night not to mention we couldn't even beat them last year.

That's one win that matters in 2 and a half years with Nicho at the helm. HIs anguish seems contagious. They were back doing panicky shit again. Ronnie, 3 bad PTBs in 2 weeks for example. Iro with 2 panicked offloads last night. 2 avoidable penalties to give the Dolphins 2 shots at goal at the end.

1st time this year I have been pissed off with them.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Simply as another wise sir noted, pretty sure @toomuchsoup - but the result last night was incredibly frustrating as we aren’t a shit team - when you take out the emotion.
That’s ultimately the kicker for me.
Two home games where the mindset was garbage.
What is going on?

DJDL

Bench
Two home games where the mindset was garbage.
What is going on?

Read @Frenzy. 's post
I have the feeling he is bang on.
One mindset struggling, filtering throughout the lot of them.

I'm also concerned at what he'll be like if he is dropped for SOO II.
As much as I don't think his past three performances warrant being retained, I'd hate for him to get even further in the doldrums.

I think the bye has come at a good time.
Time for a serious reset and rethink about where they are at.

ragzouken

Juniors
While I think he gets too much heat and seems to be under more criticism then most other players, he doesn’t do himself any favours

Special K

Coach
I thought the play that cost us was when Nicho went short to Britt when we had an overlap.
A great point and valid. That was costly.

It was alarm bells for me when Herbie offloaded twice in his first two carries.
I can't believe how superhuman he looked against us. He was incredible. Also on your other point a miss is a miss. I'm sure some weirdo could come up with how hitting the post is actually a worse miss than a spray the same way people say they would rather lose a grand final by 40 than 1. A miss is a miss.

Fitz is making the same mistakes he made the last two seasons by being too loyal to underperforming players. Rudolf should be playing for the Jets, but is constantly in first grade (when not injured). Same with BHU.
Hazleton is simply not an out and out NRL starting prop yet. Hunt has been tuned(via putting on even more size) to be a bench prop based on pure impact - which you would argue has been working. We can't have two rookie props with Kaufusi who is sold but he isn't an enforcer or metre eater. I see him as a hard working, tradie like middle for us which allows us to play the power game of these huge humans flowing through beside him. Hazo and Tuks will get there one day but you can't go deep without battle tested middles.

Toby and BHU are needed so f**king badly. They have flaws but both rip in and have experience. Penrith were licking their lips at going at Hazleton, Kaufusi and Tuks. We need Toby and BHU fit and firing. They need reps after a terribly disrupted start to the season and last years injuries. If you can't get them fit or not injured then you need to replace them. AFB is going to be huge here. But a fully fit BHU or Toby is better than anyone we currently have. That Dolphins pack was full of old hard heads and you need those guys to be able to handle that. BHU rocked, absolutely rocked someone with a hit from the kick off. We just need him fit. Toby needs to step up now he is back.

Blah, blah, blah. This was a 5 day turn around after a 6 week block of playing basically finals games in a row. Dolphins are a top 4 side currently. It is a long season. Get the best players for the 17 fit enough to fire and stop beating yourself. I can cop if we lose to a team who is better than us (Penrith game). I can't cop us shitting the bed and leaking 22 points in 25 minutes. I understand the "excuses" but that is now gone given we have this huge break.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
A great point and valid. That was costly.

I can't believe how superhuman he looked against us. He was incredible. Also on your other point a miss is a miss. I'm sure some weirdo could come up with how hitting the post is actually a worse miss than a spray the same way people say they would rather lose a grand final by 40 than 1. A miss is a miss.

Hazleton is simply not an out and out NRL starting prop yet. Hunt has been tuned(via putting on even more size) to be a bench prop based on pure impact - which you would argue has been working. We can't have two rookie props with Kaufusi who is sold but he isn't an enforcer or metre eater. I see him as a hard working, tradie like middle for us which allows us to play the power game of these huge humans flowing through beside him. Hazo and Tuks will get there one day but you can't go deep without battle tested middles.

Toby and BHU are needed so f**king badly. They have flaws but both rip in and have experience. Penrith were licking their lips at going at Hazleton, Kaufusi and Tuks. We need Toby and BHU fit and firing. They need reps after a terribly disrupted start to the season and last years injuries. If you can't get them fit or not injured then you need to replace them. AFB is going to be huge here. But a fully fit BHU or Toby is better than anyone we currently have. That Dolphins pack was full of old hard heads and you need those guys to be able to handle that. BHU rocked, absolutely rocked someone with a hit from the kick off. We just need him fit. Toby needs to step up now he is back.

Blah, blah, blah. This was a 5 day turn around after a 6 week block of playing basically finals games in a row. Dolphins are a top 4 side currently. It is a long season. Get the best players for the 17 fit enough to fire and stop beating yourself. I can cop if we lose to a team who is better than us (Penrith game). I can't cop us shitting the bed and leaking 22 points in 25 minutes. I understand the "excuses" but that is now gone given we have this huge break.
It was also a pack made up of 1 hooker and 5 back rowers. I said before the game they'd have to play out of their skins to win. They did. The 2 old, seasoned guys at the front, Felise and Kenneath ran for 150 metres each! FMD that's unacceptable. Then their other old statesmen come off the bench, Kerr, Nicholls and Stone and keep the roll on. FFS they beat us with 16 men as Donoghue didn't even get used.

I agree 100% about Toby and BHU. They need to be at the forefront of this offensive. I also get the Sharks are doing a different type of injury management with them being used sparingly but just enough to get improvement week to week. Maybe they need to revisit this softly, softly approach or maybe they need to send them to Newtown next week and run them in for a full game against the Panthers reggies.

Nicho need some mushrooms.

Last edited:

Latest posts