What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Dolph Fins

Special K

Coach
I don't see how you can put that loss on Nicho. It is lazy. Thurston missed a sideline kick to win the gf for f**ks sake. We shouldn't have let in 22 f**king points in the first 25. I can't stand how if we concede the first try and just let in a shit ton of points right after. What the f**k?!

The team is gassed. I spoke with someone very close to them and he was saying at the penrith game how busted they were and needed the bye. Get BHU and Toby f**king fit. Stop dropping balls. Stop the dumb f**king penalties. Stop beating yourself.

No excuses, they got f**ked last night in that first 25. Dolphins played disciplined and made us pay. The f**king annoying thing is how we lost the game with our own dumb penalties, drop balls.

I'm f**king steaming. I hope they come back fresh from this bye.

DJDL

Bench
You could tell from our first hit up it was so soft
And there opening try.
That's when Fitz need to make a change, you hook someone to set an example

I'm inclined to agree with that.
At the time I was thinking there needed to be an injection of energy.
They just looked flat from the word go.

I know it was a 5 day turnaround, but they really seemed to lack physicality right from the start.

They've definitely hit a flat patch.
The only thing I can think which gives me any sort of confidence for the back end of the year, is that Fitz has been loading their training up now and will maybe taper towards the semis.
Get them used to being flogged mid-season, then conserve energy in the back end of the season for when it really matters.

Then again, maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

One thing is for certain though - they are a shadow of the side they were a month ago.

DJDL

Bench
I don't see how you can put that loss on Nicho. It is lazy. Thurston missed a sideline kick to win the gf for f**ks sake. We shouldn't have let in 22 f**king points in the first 25. I can't stand how if we concede the first try and just let in a shit ton of points right after. What the f**k?!

Thurston's kick from the sideline hit the post.
Nicho's sailed about 10 metres wide.
Therein lies the difference - one almost nails it under the most pressure you can have in the NRL.
The other doesn't even look like kicking it.

The semi last year against the Rooters a 22yo kid steers his team into position so he can calmly slot a field goal.
5 minutes later, the Sharks look directionless trying to setup for the same play.
Nicho positions himself poorly for the shot and gets charged down.

You're right that the loss is not solely on him, but as halfback he needs to be steering the team around better.
But I feel he is starting to show a long history of failing to stand up when it counts.

Quigs

Immortal

The team is gassed. I spoke with someone very close to them and he was saying at the penrith game how busted they were and needed the bye. Get BHU and Toby f**king fit. Stop dropping balls. Stop the dumb f**king penalties. Stop beating yourself.

No excuses, they got f**ked last night in that first 25. Dolphins played disciplined and made us pay. The f**king annoying thing is how we lost the game with our own dumb penalties, drop balls.

I'm f**king steaming. I hope they come back fresh from this bye.
I'm with you on all of this 'K'

And how many times has Hammer smoked fullbacks?

Gee Kennedy made a great tackle on the flying Donks winger last week and even put him over the sideline.

We need more mongrel.

Craigshark

First Grade
It’s not the nicho kick that cost us the game. It was the final 20 minutes of the game leading up to it (as well as the first 25). Way too many players trying to take short cuts. Nicho should have been barking orders to get the team up the field. Instead we just went from side to side and were stuck kicking from inside our own 30 for about 6 sets straight.

I'm with you on all of this 'K'

And how many times has Hammer smoked fullbacks?

Gee Kennedy made a great tackle on the flying Donks winger last week and even put him over the sideline.

We need more mongrel.
After Trindall has ankle tapped him, to make up from Trindall's original mistake

Maybe another problem is being seen we can't string multiple games together against the heavyweights.

And guess what in the finals that's what you need to do.

I have this sinking feeling if they make top 4 will lose week 1

Quigs

Immortal
It is always very hard for the opposing coaches to work out how to defend and play against a side that does five straight one out hit ups and a kick for the full 70 minutes.

Have a look what happened when we finally decided to spin it a bit wide out to the right.

Should be doing that for the entire game. Stand deeper, spread the ball and cut back on the bash and barge.

Reactions: PJ

Special K

Coach
Thurston's kick from the sideline hit the post.
Nicho's sailed about 10 metres wide.
Therein lies the difference - one almost nails it under the most pressure you can have in the NRL.
The other doesn't even look like kicking it.
If my aunty had a dick she would be my uncle. Both missed. Nicho has kicked sideline goals for us to win, FG's for us to win.

Don't f**king leak 22 points in 25 minutes and spend the rest of the game chasing the dragon.

I can cop the he should have lead us better in the last period but the entire team was f**ked. I'd love to drop someone and bring in someone to improve us but everyone was dog shite. Raimen's worst game in years. His errors along with Ronnie's lead directly to points.

island pro

Juniors
Our ability to get out of our own end is starting to be a consistent problem. The back 5 get a lot of praise, and rightly so for their effort, but it’s actually not proving very effective any more.

Iro’s tackle breaking ability has disappeared, and blokes like Kennedy and Ronnie just get swamped when they are hemmed in. I’m all for them taking the early hit ups when we have a bit of momentum, but they can’t be the only ones responsible for getting us out of our own end.

If we can’t adapt a little bit, then we need to put Sifa back at centre. Poor bloke has carried the team on his back out of yardage for a long time, and I think he might have to do it again.

R-15-3

Bench
I’m yet to see a halfback win a game when his front row are terrible.
Nicho was off but f**k me the dolphins starting props ran close to 300meters compared to our 100 we couldn’t stop them or make meters.

Out there but I’d love to see Burns get some time in the middle, he is a very good defender and wraps the ball up well. Something we are missing in the middle at the moment.

DJDL

Bench
If my aunty had a dick she would be my uncle. Both missed. Nicho has kicked sideline goals for us to win, FG's for us to win.

Again, it's not that he missed. It's how badly he missed.
For a guy kicking at 95% for the year, and regularly slotting them from the sideline, it was a shocker.

Don't f**king leak 22 points in 25 minutes and spend the rest of the game chasing the dragon.

Can't argue with that.

I can cop the he should have lead us better in the last period but the entire team was f**ked. I'd love to drop someone and bring in someone to improve us but everyone was dog shite. Raimen's worst game in years. His errors along with Ronnie's lead directly to points.

Or that.

PJ

First Grade
It is always very hard for the opposing coaches to work out how to defend and play against a side that does five straight one out hit ups and a kick for the full 70 minutes.

Have a look what happened when we finally decided to spin it a bit wide out to the right.

Should be doing that for the entire game. Stand deeper, spread the ball and cut back on the bash and barge.

Said the same thing in last week's game day thread.

So obvious

We seem to be constantly on the back foot defending due to offloads and our middles not being able to win the contest, then comes the quick play the balls and 2-3 passes wide and it's overlaps and more holes than swiss cheese.

Kenny Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi, neither of whom are front rowers completely schooled toby and herb. I get those 2 are both experienced rep players but our guys aren't novices.

Generalzod

Immortal
Disappointed that we lost, but honestly we played on a Saturday night which was very defensive style game, than they had to follow up on Thursday, that just gives them 4 days to prepare which I think it's totally unfair, but that's how the ball bounces...

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nah Nicho's kicking at 92%... The loss isn't on him. I thought the play that cost us was when Nicho went short to Britt when we had an overlap. I think we all knew damm well when Nicho lined up that last kick that it was gonna miss. Shouldn't have been in that position where we needed the kick to make extra time in the first place.

Let's hope Fitz gives Nicho a rocket, need to control the game.
Maybe he needs to heap the pressure on him to get him to perform.
Actually on the whole spine for last night game.
Those 4 players probably respond better to being ripped into then a chat