What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs PANFERS Official thread. Not that post whore's 8.52pm thread the previous day, what's that rubbish!!!

bubs

Juniors
Well, it's the qualifying Grand Final match, where we are playing the best team in the comp, no question.
Has been for 3 years. No question.
We are about $4 for the win.
Can we win???
Can we score a try??
Can we score a POINT!!!??
Will Frenzy have his feelings hurt that I have crashed his early Game Day Thread??

The answer is ?????

Tip.
PPfarrk the Dargons.

Quigs

Immortal
Bummer, 1.57am and it is pee time. No prizes for second.

Being the good sport that I am you can stick the game day thread up your arse.

Yeah of course I am confident that we can win today after all I am a Declared Idiot.

Lucks a fortune and Bubs, you can GAGF

The last few rounds and the finals have been following certain patterns and scripts.
Melbourne and Penrith on one level
Easts and us on the next level
The others a bit of a chomp behind.

Panthers beat Roosters with a good wallop in their first final, same as Storm beating us.
Roosters gave Manly a good serve in their next final, we gave Manly that same good serve in the last round.
Storm rooted the Roosters last night,
To follow the script, it stands to measure that the Panthers will do it to us as well (unless of course their doing it already this season has played its part).

This game, at the very least, we need to show that the gap between the Storm/Panthers, and us isn't as big as the pattern suggests, and start writing our own script.
There are changes in team structures from next year for a lot of clubs, we need to show tonight that we are close to being top tier.
Play for their lives to set the new patterns for the coming years.

I haven't mentioned a scoreline for a reason.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
We play the game of our lives and get home.. panthers a bit (a lot) off us as well.. cronulllaaaaaaaaa sharkksssss woahhhhh ohh ohhh ohhhhhhh

Few quotes from a few of their players that could potentially age well

Last edited:

sladden road

Juniors
Yes this is a big day for the mighties.
As BBB said above the team needs to show up and make a point.
We can get there.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mullumbimby Ex services will see me early today I’ll need to keep it together tho.
Seriously considered coming down to see the game but figured the GF is the one.

Go Sharks.

Go Nulla

Bench
The last few rounds and the finals have been following certain patterns and scripts.
Melbourne and Penrith on one level
Easts and us on the next level
The others a bit of a chomp behind.

Panthers beat Roosters with a good wallop in their first final, same as Storm beating us.
Roosters gave Manly a good serve in their next final, we gave Manly that same good serve in the last round.
Storm rooted the Roosters last night,
To follow the script, it stands to measure that the Panthers will do it to us as well (unless of course their doing it already this season has played its part).

This game, at the very least, we need to show that the gap between the Storm/Panthers, and us isn't as big as the pattern suggests, and start writing our own script.
There are changes in team structures from next year for a lot of clubs, we need to show tonight that we are close to being top tier.
Play for their lives to set the new patterns for the coming years.

I haven't mentioned a scoreline for a reason.
Love it. I agree 100%. As long as we put up a fight I will be happy. Another 42-0 arse wrenching and I’ll be pissed.

sladden road

Juniors
The Howath try last night showed exactly where the team mentality needs to be .
30 minutes in, one average kick. Coates puts his foot in goal then runs to the 20. Roosters(read sharks) switch off for maybe 10 seconds. Pappy knows what’s up and goes with him, busting the line and throwing a magical pass for the try. One of my favourite plays of the year. What a player Pappy is!
This will be the way OAK daddy plays. No let up. No rest.Need to match them. It will be interesting to see how fit between the ears this team is.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
For some reason I feel better before this game than I did for last weeks game. Not saying I think we’ll win but right now I feel better than I did last week.

Matt reeked

Juniors
Any of you blokes want 2 tickets for tonight ? Mrs went into labour last night and was a week early , happy to give them away just DM me your details and I’ll send through .

sladden road

Juniors
M
Any of you blokes want 2 tickets for tonight ? Mrs went into labour last night and was a week early , happy to give them away just DM me your details and I’ll send through .
All the best for the birth mate.
Go well and go sharks.
Another Shark fan to the world!!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well, it's the qualifying Grand Final match, where we are playing the best team in the comp, no question.
Has been for 3 years. No question.
We are about $4 for the win.
Can we win???
Can we score a try??
Can we score a POINT!!!??
Will Frenzy have his feelings hurt that I have crashed his early Game Day Thread??

The answer is ?????

Tip.
PPfarrk the Dargons.
Yes, I will.

Truly, madly, deeply. Now I know I'm playing in a Savage Garden

I'm seeking a formal grievance process.

Not to mention

PHUQUE THE DARGONS! PHUQUE THE PANFAS! PHUQUE DA WORLD!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Congratulations on the impending birth. Or actual birth if the kid's already tasted oxygen.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Bummer, 1.57am and it is pee time. No prizes for second.

Being the good sport that I am you can stick the game day thread up your arse.

Yeah of course I am confident that we can win today after all I am a Declared Idiot.

Lucks a fortune and Bubs, you can GAGF
Third.