What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

roboshark

Coach
They have. This goes further towards that possibiilty than a win. If we beat them after beating the Storms and the Roosters there's a danger of them feeling 10 feet tall and bulletproof and we probably get a false idea of where we have to get to even be a chance. Prematurely. This can be, will be, a grounding loss which will inform them all of where they have to get.
We will see next week

This has been a statement to the whole NRL. Near perfect game by them. I'm happy to be the pariah but I'm not overly disappointed in the boys. They played out the whole 80 under enormous duress. We were still making metres on our last few sets. We still defended 5 drop outs.

They were just better. Way better. The Sharks came to play but simply not good enough across all the disciplines of the game. But despite setting myself up for a flaming it's not like they weren't trying. They were. Penrith kicked the Sharks to death. Luai had 25 kicks for over 500 metres and that was backed up by a tremendous chasing team followed by a fast line we couldn't cope with.

There's lot's to learn for the Sharkies. They just have to get the shits and not get the blues.

Agree with every single thing in this post.

But can’t agree the Sharks turned up to play.

Very timed performance by too many players. Too much one out shyte especially. When you’re getting owned up the middle you have to change things up a bit.

There was no plan B.

Craigshark

First Grade
I think the way they defended in the second half, mistakes aside, showed they were pissef off. f**k you’d be cranky if you’d busted your arse like some of those players in the second half to see the ball go through on the last and not be cleaned up.

We need an Alfa Bull in the pack.

We have No. 2’s and No. 3’s.

Like I said if you can get AFB here mid season you pull that trigger for sure.

He will be our No.1

He’s nasty and that’s what we need in games like tonight.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Shit team performance all round but a few unpopular options on a few things.

Kennedy besides being safe under the high ball isn’t really offering anything else.

Nikora gets left on the ground post tackle more than anyone, I know it’s a lot to do with covering defence but f**k me he needs to work harder and more efficiently getting back to marker.

Williams had a few good hits but looks of the pace the past few weeks. Is getting called offside a number of times a game resulting in him pulling out of the play leading to us getting on the back foot.

Lots of poor performances all round but these have been ongoing. Wouldn’t be dropping them just needs work.
Got worked over. Missed 21 tackles between them. Made 81 between them. Shows how much traffic was aimed at them.

There's work to do across the park but it's doable.

Personally, I don't think this loss defines the team. May even be the game they had to have. There was no plan B tonight. That's probably on Fitz and the coaching staff so everyone involved needs to visit their mirrors tonight.

Quicksilver

Bench
Band Wagon fans left???

Seriously?

When you see your team putting in such a lame performance like that they have every right to show what they think.

Too bloody cold to sit and watch that shyte with cocky Riff fans in attendance.
It wasnt that cold mate.

Show some faith.

Weaponhead

Coach
Got worked over. Missed 21 tackles between them. Made 81 between them. Shows how much traffic was aimed at them.

There's work to do across the park but it's doable.

Personally, I don't think this loss defines the team. May even be the game they had to have. There was no plan B tonight. That's probably on Fitz and the coaching staff so everyone involved needs to visit their mirrors tonight.
It's a time for perspective. At the start of these 3 games if someone offered us 2 from 3 most take it. I would. The scale of the loss is concerning. It showed that the systems that looked strong buckled under the most intense pressure. That's the work they need to do. Good news is there is a long way to go to address it.

The staff will definitely look in the mirror and see what they need to do better.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We need an Alfa Bull in the pack.

We have No. 2’s and No. 3’s.

Like I said if you can get AFB here mid season you pull that trigger for sure.

He will be our No.1

He’s nasty and that’s what we need in games like tonight.
Does your logical mind think he would have made a skerrik of difference in this game just ended? I don't, especially has he hasn't being playing lights out in any way.

Tonight was an encounter against a team who know how to pull off a perfect game. They've been years in the making but took them from 2018 to do it. That's a reality. Who else in this comp would have been close to them tonight? No one is the answer.

ragzouken

Juniors
We were good the first six minutes, nicho was kicking good aswell we capitulated after two errors from katoa, hopefully can work on that mental edge, thought second half was okay in patches hopefully we use that performance in a positive way? I dunno we just had a collective shocker after two big emotional wins coming against a pissed of Penrith