What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

Some of the players have given up tonight you never want to see it but they did.
I thought it was sellout, it looked like the band wagon fans left

Band Wagon fans left???

Seriously?

When you see your team putting in such a lame performance like that they have every right to show what they think.

Too bloody cold to sit and watch that shyte with cocky Riff fans in attendance.

ragzouken

Juniors
They know they have the measure of Cronulla and want to keep it that way.
That’s why they keep winning they have been meandering all year when presented with a challenge the instantly click into gear, keep in mind this is without Cleary although I guess you could argue nicho didn’t play. They went hard at him I think he tried to do to much with the time little time he had

Frenzy.

Immortal
This was Penrith making the statement that the Sharks aren't in their league. Going to take some real mental effort to overcome the scars next time they meet.
This has been a statement to the whole NRL. Near perfect game by them. I'm happy to be the pariah but I'm not overly disappointed in the boys. They played out the whole 80 under enormous duress. We were still making metres on our last few sets. We still defended 5 drop outs.

They were just better. Way better. The Sharks came to play but simply not good enough across all the disciplines of the game. But despite setting myself up for a flaming it's not like they weren't trying. They were. Penrith kicked the Sharks to death. Luai had 25 kicks for over 500 metres and that was backed up by a tremendous chasing team followed by a fast line we couldn't cope with.

There's lot's to learn for the Sharkies. They just have to get the shits and not get the blues.

Weaponhead

Coach
Two tries from kicks in the second half with all that ball. They brought some defence in the second half at least. Kennedy was totally out of position on a number of times. What a shit performance
Two valid points. They did pretty well given the possession and territorial disadvantage.

I have been a bit concerned that Kennedy is stagnating. He needs to go to another level.

Two tries from kicks in the second half with all that ball. They brought some defence in the second half at least. Kennedy was totally out of position on a number of times. What a shit performance

Not the first time he hasn’t turned up in a big game.

It’s becoming a thing.

Not a good thing.

What I found interesting Hooper said Nico calf tightness, and that because of score is kept off the field.
So if it's close he plays.
Madge can't pick him for origin he plays that no way can he back up for the important game against Broncos days later

PJ

First Grade
Outclassed by a great team.

But also had no luck whatsoever whereas every bounce of the ball went their way.

We need to lift to compete, but 42 flattered them. We can take a lot from the second half defence.

Unfortunately the 0 was a fair reflection of our attack.

Band Wagon fans left???

Seriously?

When you see your team putting in such a lame performance like that they have every right to show what they think.

Too bloody cold to sit and watch that shyte with cocky Riff fans in attendance.
When I was going to sharks games never left early.
I would rather give them a serve then leave when they played badly

Frenzy.

Immortal
Some of the players have given up tonight you never want to see it but they did.
I thought it was sellout, it looked like the band wagon fans left
Bull phucking shit Stake. They didn't give up. One doesn't even have to look at the numbers to see they were attacked by a boa constrictor and strangled tonight. When you watch the reply as I know you do you'll see there was tired effort till the end.

We want them in the finals.
It would be so easy for Fitz to get team ready just put in dressing room the last 2 times we played them.
0 points and does not happen again

Leave the cast alone.
Love those merkins.

Pennies have given us a gift and shown where we need to get to.

Patience mighties fans.

We need to get to the phone to the Warriors ASAP.

That’s the first thing.

And as I said previously in this thread.

There should be not one prop dirty about it if it happens.

Metres gained tonight was putrid.

Not enough intimidation in tackles.

Panthers showed what’s required if you want to win the big games.

Bull phucking shit Stake. They didn't give up. One doesn't even have to look at the numbers to see they were attacked by a boa constrictor and strangled tonight. When you watch the reply as I know you do you'll see there was tired effort till the end.
Let's take the short drop out.
The one they challenged on.
Edwards gets ball on bounce Kennedy gives up the whistle had not gone, every player has it driven into him play to the whistle

Weaponhead

Coach
What I found interesting Hooper said Nico calf tightness, and that because of score is kept off the field.
So if it's close he plays.
Madge can't pick him for origin he plays that no way can he back up for the important game against Broncos days later
Can't see Hynes getting picked after that. He doesn't have the big game pedigree yet. I thought he was getting there but he was nowhere near at the required level tonight. The calf is an easy get out for Madge if they go to him later in the series.

We need to get to the phone to the Warriors ASAP.

That’s the first thing.

And as I said previously in this thread.

There should be not one prop dirty about it if it happens.

Metres gained tonight was putrid.

Not enough intimidation in tackles.

Panthers showed what’s required if you want to win the big games.
I agree they went missing early, when the backs couldn't make yardage the middles were not to be seen.
Brailey did not help Atkinson once with a kick he was left to do it all

Weaponhead

Coach
Outclassed by a great team.

But also had no luck whatsoever whereas every bounce of the ball went their way.

We need to lift to compete, but 42 flattered them. We can take a lot from the second half defence.

Unfortunately the 0 was a fair reflection of our attack.
Should have taken the 2 at the end.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So you're saying there is still a chance the Sharks can win the comp
They have. This goes further towards that possibiilty than a win. If we beat them after beating the Storms and the Roosters there's a danger of them feeling 10 feet tall and bulletproof and we probably get a false idea of where we have to get to even be a chance. Prematurely. This can be, will be, a grounding loss which will inform them all of where they have to get.

R-15-3

Bench
Shit team performance all round but a few unpopular options on a few things.

Kennedy besides being safe under the high ball isn’t really offering anything else.

Nikora gets left on the ground post tackle more than anyone, I know it’s a lot to do with covering defence but f**k me he needs to work harder and more efficiently getting back to marker.

Williams had a few good hits but looks of the pace the past few weeks. Is getting called offside a number of times a game resulting in him pulling out of the play leading to us getting on the back foot.

Lots of poor performances all round but these have been ongoing. Wouldn’t be dropping them just needs work.