What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's a time for perspective. At the start of these 3 games if someone offered us 2 from 3 most take it. I would. The scale of the loss is concerning. It showed that the systems that looked strong buckled under the most intense pressure. That's the work they need to do. Good news is there is a long way to go to address it.

The staff will definitely look in the mirror and see what they need to do better.
Anyone of us would take 2 from 3 and we did that. Now people are carrying on like this is where it stops and the team has been defined.

Quicksilver

Bench
It's not in some Sharks fans DNA.

I understand disappointment even though I don't probably react to it like some or maybe have in the past but if people have given up they may as well leave the forum till next year.
I don't think it matters too much.. i would rather we didn't get flogged for the mindset side. But really, all that matters is getting ourselves in a good position for september/ October..

Craigshark

First Grade
Penrith are on another level when they are on and tonight they were on. I hadn’t seen them live for a few years, but far out, they are good. Like someone said, we were up for it at the start, a couple of shit errors that we haven’t been making and we totally shot ourselves in the foot and cost ourselves any chance of making a game of it. Not to say we would have won, but it might have at least been a contest. They also got every single bounce of the ball go their way and we did not get one call from that f**kwit with the whistle.

I have been pretty harsh on Kennedy. I need to mention one more thing. Most fullbacks get under the ball these days on that first try of Penrith’s to JFH. He was so off tonight.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Let's take the short drop out.
The one they challenged on.
Edwards gets ball on bounce Kennedy gives up the whistle had not gone, every player has it driven into him play to the whistle
Do you understand fatigue? We've been rabbiting on here for weeks about how we fatigue teams and go on to win. Now we get fatigued and it's called not trying? We looked twice as fatigued as any of the opponents we ran into the ground. Also if they weren't trying how did they restrict the Panthers to less thn half the points they piled on in the first half? While under extreme fatigue.

Does your logical mind think he would have made a skerrik of difference in this game just ended? I don't, especially has he hasn't being playing lights out in any way.

Tonight was an encounter against a team who know how to pull off a perfect game. They've been years in the making but took them from 2018 to do it. That's a reality. Who else in this comp would have been close to them tonight? No one is the answer.
Oh yeah definitely.

I saw Leota and JFH playing like Alpha props tonight.

Angry, determined and confident.

They were on a mission.

Like I said we have No.2’s and No.3’s and no Alpha.

AFB could’ve given us some momentum and that changes the game. Penrith played the perfect game sure. But they had no pressure put on them. They were comfortable and no one in our team challenged them.

Your entitled to your opinion Frenzy.

DJDL

Bench
It was an exhaustion blip. I think.

Im hoping so.
Two massive games in a row, plus travel to and from Melbourne and Brisbane. I think they were just a little flat.

Throw in the Panthers coming off an embarrassing loss and it’s a recipe for disaster.

I had hoped for a better showing though.

txta2

Bench
Turned it off at half time. Shown up as just another team that can't step up. The only player having a go was Cam. Just soft and piss weak from all of them.
I had a bit of hope in Nicho but nup, can't see him winning a comp

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh yeah definitely.

I saw Leota and JFH playing like Alpha props tonight.

Angry, determined and confident.

They were on a mission.

Like I said we have No.2’s and No.3’s and no Alpha.

AFB could’ve given us some momentum and that changes the game. Penrith played the perfect game sure. But they had no pressure put on them. They were comfortable and no one in our team challenged them.

Your entitled to your opinion Frenzy.
Not in this game. Our forwards spent most of the first half running back onside and tackling. He would have been no different.

They did to use what we have been doing to us. Tired us out to the point of being ineffective.

You're talking about a guy who only last week breached his clubs after game commitments and standards because he was allegedly not happy with his form. That worries me and doesn't fit with what we have been building IMO

I just got home. I'm quite ok with that loss.
They didn't reach 50 for starters.

Also, and I'm not going to read this thread, did not anyone notice that we actually played different to what we have been doing?
it wasn't a dramatic change, but it was there.
The plans the structures etc. Panthers just didn't blot us out for no reason.
I dunno, and I could be very wrong, but I really have a feeling that drakes were being played out more than ducks.

Which merkins? The players or the deathriders?
There’s no death riding.

Only pointing out we’ve seen this movie before and we don’t enjoy it and some of the usual suspects when the pressure comes on go very timid.

I’m not buying the tiredness totally.

No energy from the very start.

That’s not tiredness.

That’s not aiming up from the start.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Mmm yeah…
Left with 30 mins left on the clock.
Sharks fan were as muted as a funeral for most of my time on the hill. No vibe at all.
Riff we’re on. we weren’t. Learn from it and move on.
Finally, Penrith are a fine example of quality team - impressive.
Second finally, a quiet beer at the Blind Bear in Cronulla does wonders

Not in this game. Our forwards spent most of the first half running back onside and tackling. He would have been no different.

They did to use what we have been doing to us. Tired us out to the point of being ineffective.

You're talking about a guy who only last week breached his clubs after game commitments and standards because he was allegedly not happy with his form. That worries me and doesn't fit with what we have been building IMO
You’re not buying that excuse from AFB are you Frenzy?

Special K

Coach
Leota and JFH are worlds apart from our starting props. They have done a great job of containing other teams then our bench blows them off the park - it didn't work today. But I don't think that was the issue. We beat ourselves.

Dropped bombs x2, dropped ball coming out of trouble, 2 kicks out on the full. This gave the panthers all the time in the world in our 20. I was told we had 8 tackles in 79 minutes in the Panthers 20. Crazy. That is f**king unheard of.

All in all a super disappointing night at the football that highlighted previous insecurities we all have had with this team.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
There’s no death riding.

Only pointing out we’ve seen this movie before and we don’t enjoy it and some of the usual suspects when the pressure comes on go very timid.

I’m not buying the tiredness totally.

No energy from the very start.

That’s not tiredness.

That’s not aiming up from the start.
Did you take that personally? Interesting.

Eion

First Grade
I’m worried that Nicho has it in him to do some really ordinary things. Kicks out on the full twice in a row. No way Cleary does that. Still has a lot of work to do on when to play the percentages.