What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs. Roosters (FINALS)

shadowboxer

First Grade
I just feel sorry for my kids. Stuck following this shit, loser club for the rest of their lives because of their loser dad who has way too much interest invested
The game is dieing a slow death. Too many options for kids today.
The game doesn’t mean much to my teenage kids. Daughter loves it, but ain’t too concerned. My son couldn’t give a rats. Almost 18 and I wandered in last night close to 11 and he had the nerve to ask me where I had been. He’d be happier watching and playing soccer, which is just absurd to me.
I am of the mind they got 2016 and the end.

Craigshark

First Grade
The game doesn’t mean much to my teenage kids. Daughter loves it, but ain’t too concerned. My son couldn’t give a rats. Almost 18 and I wandered in last night close to 11 and he had the nerve to ask me where I had been. He’d be happier watching and playing soccer, which is just absurd to me.

I wish I could have switched off my care factor after 2016. I know what’s coming but still put myself through the torment. I think that’s what makes me so cranky

SadShark

Bench
Summed it up. 2016 was a once in a 50-year miracle. All of our combined experiences have confirmed that. The chance that this shit for brains club could ever arse another GF win is decades (if ever) away.

If they can possibly recover from their meek exits of 22/23, they’ll only trouble 1 or 2 sides in a finals game and then capitulate, as per club culture. The mental resilience is Nil and the club is f**ked as a complete playing/coaching/ recruiting whole. A legitimate waste of everyone’s time, effort and money in the end.

For me, that’ll do Donkey. This Groundhog Day has FK’d me. Good luck to maintaining your sanity you derty, derty, derty merkins.

some11

Referee
Please expand on that, so us one-eyed Sharks fans can feel better.
Watch 3 minutes left after the first charged down field goal and 6-again.

Hynes (and the whole left edge) want nothing to do with it and are loitering around thinking yeah let's try another field goal. There was an opportunity to score on the left hand side with an overlap.

PJ

First Grade
Not to mention. If you ever expect a referee to rule on something like that and hand a team the game. You are having a laugh. They will never do that. No matter how blatant.

So set yourself for it so it doesn’t happen.
Particularly not against the Rorters

DJDL

Bench
Another good reason to not wait until you’re inside the opposition 10 to have a crack.
At least make sure the defence has the requisite 10 metres of field to retreat.

It’s a suicidal mission otherwise.

In the words of Walter Sobchak: “pharquing amateurs”.

Summed it up. 2016 was a once in a 50-year miracle. All of our combined experiences have confirmed that. The chance that this shit for brains club could ever arse another GF win is decades (if ever) away.

If they can possibly recover from their meek exits of 22/23, they’ll only trouble 1 or 2 sides in a finals game and then capitulate, as per club culture. The mental resilience is Nil and the club is f**ked as a complete playing/coaching/ recruiting whole. A legitimate waste of everyone’s time, effort and money in the end.

For me, that’ll do Donkey. This Groundhog Day has FK’d me. Good luck to maintaining your sanity you derty, derty, derty merkins.

We had our glory in 2016.
I told my son when we won you are lucky only 8 years old.
Didn't have to wait forever.
2066 that will be our turn again maybe

Craigshark

First Grade
If you’re gonna go out on the drink enjoying yourself less then 24 hours after getting embarrassed in front of your own home crowd, have a bit more respect for your members and fans who pay good money to watch the shit you dish up and do it in private or somewhere else, just for now at least.. too soon. It’s almost like rubbing it in peoples faces that you really dgaf.

BWNB

First Grade
The ball has already cleared the ruck in this screen grab, you need to go a couple of frames earlier. Teddy right next to the ref with foot on the line.
I thought you guys took your foot off our throats. Your goal line defence was the best I’ve seen in a while.
View attachment 79164
He probably was onside, if he wasn't would the ref have called it?
No chance