What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs. Sea-Eagles (and Raiders)

Windy70

Juniors
Was not expecting that performance. At least the first 40 came as a shock to me.
Very afraid of Penrith.

SadShark

Bench
There’s no fight left in these cnuts. Screeched out “Check please!!” yesterday and DGAF for the rest of the season and beyond I’m gunna say.

Coach Lasso did his little speech about Steve Rogers and talked up their commitment. Pffffft. Ya lost a lotta people yesterday flogs. Book that September trip now & get the best seats on the plane.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
In the fair dinkum department get ready for a couple of slim years ahead. We have missed the boat for any quality recruits for next year. I’m not sure who looks after this area but it seems since we signed Oregon, Nicho and Dale our recruitment team have been sailing the waters on the Amalfi coast. They obviously put a lot of trust in the current crop but the reality is they are nsw cup standard at best.

DJDL

Bench
In the fair dinkum department get ready for a couple of slim years ahead. We have missed the boat for any quality recruits for next year. I’m not sure who looks after this area but it seems since we signed Oregon, Nicho and Dale our recruitment team have been sailing the waters on the Amalfi coast. They obviously put a lot of trust in the current crop but the reality is they are nsw cup standard at best.

I fear you're right there, Snoop.

It's been pretty obvious all year we are not a serious threat, and I think the past couple of weeks shows just how far off the pace we are.

I really don't know where the improvement is going to come from.
Only about 2 places left to fill on the roster, with no signings made.
And nobody in NSW Cup absolutely bashing the door down.

The only way really, is to offload some players we have and hope for a decent signing.

Other than that, lean times ahead.

Depressing...

Craigshark

First Grade
I didn’t see the game as I was on a plane. How did Trindall go?

terrible. Ref pinged him for about 4 or 5 offside penalties in the first half. Think he did his old show and go about 3 or 4 times on the line and he defended on the dreaded left side. Walked out with about 15 to go, so not sure if he was part of the come back, but yeah. Forwards got bashed which didn’t help. He also looked unfit.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
terrible. Ref pinged him for about 4 or 5 offside penalties in the first half. Think he did his old show and go about 3 or 4 times on the line and he defended on the dreaded left side. Walked out with about 15 to go, so not sure if he was part of the come back, but yeah. Forwards got bashed which didn’t help. He also looked unfit.

Fitness bit isn't too surprising since he's spent what, 2 years as an 18th man or bench player getting 15mins at the end of the game. He needs to be given time to settle in and show his stuff - when that's happened previously he has done well. Given how many games were gifted to Moylan we shouldn't demand instant results from Trindall.

shaggs

Coach
Speaking to my mate at the game, who is an aspiring coach and former nrl player. He reckons they need a clean out. Too much same-ness, other good defences (broncos/raiders panthers) have no fear of the attack. All other coaches know there is no plan B and that no team looks at our squad and is scared to run at anyone.
lean times ahead

Stake Removed

First Grade
Speaking to my mate at the game, who is an aspiring coach and former nrl player. He reckons they need a clean out. Too much same-ness, other good defences (broncos/raiders panthers) have no fear of the attack. All other coaches know there is no plan B and that no team looks at our squad and is scared to run at anyone.
lean times ahead
So true, the top 8 have had our number close to 2 years.
So that next group of teams learning.
Any team with a DCE type of player hurts us, he plays patient, he went left,into the breeze good kicking game.
If you can score first against us we start to panic then if you score again we hit panic stations, there is no system in place, we don't play for repeat sets.
Have a look how we ruck it out and side have caught on its our backs.
Yesterday again Finucane appealing for penalty instead of getting behind the ruck for a hit up.
We don't have a starting middle who plays 40 plus minutes.
Toby always good for his approx 25th minute penalty, when he gets up so slow.
Rinse repeat each week, and each week lower clubs switch on.
I will say we have still 3 teams outside of current top 8 to play 2 of them will beat us

Quigs

Immortal
At least the NRLW team looked good.
Yes enjoyed some of that, especially those firm sets of toned tanned legs. Was not too keen on the make up department of some though. Twas a bit of an overkill, reminded me of those yank olympic sprinter girls.

Yeah, they played okay too.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fitness bit isn't too surprising since he's spent what, 2 years as an 18th man or bench player getting 15mins at the end of the game. He needs to be given time to settle in and show his stuff - when that's happened previously he has done well. Given how many games were gifted to Moylan we shouldn't demand instant results from Trindall.
I’ll be honest at the game - I only noticed him getting pinged for penalties and the last portion of the game was just a blur to me.
Agree though he needs time to slot in, time they can’t afford. But really doesn’t matter now, as they are off the pace.
Jessee Ramien can fugg right off though. He annoys me on par with Pommeroy. Idiot

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yes enjoyed some of that, especially those firm sets of toned tanned legs. Was not too keen on the make up department of some though. Twas a bit of an overkill, reminded me of those yank olympic sprinter girls.

Yeah, they played okay too.
Still less makeup then the Broncs fullback.
I was happy to see a sharks five eight with speed a step and a kicking game

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
So true, the top 8 have had our number close to 2 years.
So that next group of teams learning.
Any team with a DCE type of player hurts us, he plays patient, he went left,into the breeze good kicking game.
If you can score first against us we start to panic then if you score again we hit panic stations, there is no system in place, we don't play for repeat sets.
Have a look how we ruck it out and side have caught on its our backs.
Yesterday again Finucane appealing for penalty instead of getting behind the ruck for a hit up.
We don't have a starting middle who plays 40 plus minutes.
Toby always good for his approx 25th minute penalty, when he gets up so slow.
Rinse repeat each week, and each week lower clubs switch on.
I will say we have still 3 teams outside of current top 8 to play 2 of them will beat us

We also expect too much from our backs - i.e. be battering-rams taking tough carries off our own 10m line, as well as to back up breaks with speed and score acrobatic tries in the corner.

Generalzod

Immortal
The problem is the foward pack we haven’t got big hombre’s , no team fear us,the likes of Rudolph just hasnt got the agro.