What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs. Sea-Eagles (and Raiders)

Put up your hands to those of those of you who thought will lose today.
I did. While I liked the changes, we don't have intimidating forward pack , and Turbo is not the only great player Manly have.
I admit I didn't watch the game. I was on a mission from god helping fix up Quigsleys stuffed up mission from god . I thought Sifa should have been given another chance, with the changes , starting preferably in centre but even edge backrower

BWNB

First Grade
I'd like to know where CF sees ST, I mean if he wanted to see how he goes in the forwards today was the day.

Dont understand why he played CT he is average and ST would have done the same if not better.

Chimp

Bench
Talakai must be carrying a knock, there’s no way you drop him.

Terrible performance again - we look completely shot, mentally and physically. There’s no confidence or ‘buzz’ in the team, and we seem to lose every collision, which then results in penalties that we cannot defend.

Doesn’t affect todays result, but I’m pissed off that they’ve used ‘resting a toe injury’ as to why Wade isn’t picked - Fitzy is too soft, we should be calling out that players are dropped due to poor performance.

The ref was awful, they scored some lucky tries, but we were woeful. Soft, really really soft!

BWNB

First Grade
Doesn’t affect todays result, but I’m pissed off that they’ve used ‘resting a toe injury’ as to why Wade isn’t picked - Fitzy is too soft, we should be calling out that players are dropped due to poor performance.
said this last week, CF needed to send a msg

I'd like to know where CF sees ST, I mean if he wanted to see how he goes in the forwards today was the day.

Dont understand why he played CT he is average and ST would have done the same if not better.
Mayhaps Sifa is a player that needs the direction of a controlling Fullback in defense . I cant imagine any opposition player running his way because they think they can run over him. I thought with Moylan gone etc... that he should be given chance to show he can intimidate in defense , if he gets positioning right.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Talakai must be carrying a knock, there’s no way you drop him.

Terrible performance again - we look completely shot, mentally and physically. There’s no confidence or ‘buzz’ in the team, and we seem to lose every collision, which then results in penalties that we cannot defend.

The ref was awful, they scored some lucky tries, but we were woeful. Soft, really really soft!
Can’t argue with your summary. Not making excuses but ref was as poor as we were.
Problem is, if you can’t defend your line, you got no one to blame really. Ramien though. the storm home was on until that repeat numbskull decided to fly out of the line. The crowd saw it and groaned as he did it. The sooner his antics are gone - probally 5 years - the better

Hopefully this shuts up all the pro Tracey crowd. Sifa is worlds ahead of that clown.
I think it's less about Sifa as a centre as it is overall balance of the side. The forwards struggle and Sifa is largely used to get us out of our own end with tough carries and is one of our top go forward men. He's used as a forward most of the time so just put him there. If he was indeed dropped today, Im baffled by that as he is carrying the forward pack at times which maybe impacting his effectiveness in defence when we need him. Solving one problem at the detriment of another. That's his fault? Not so sure.

Tracey defended no worse or better than Sifa today. Some shit reads yes, but the whole left side changed and Manly are dangerous on that edge with Olakau'atu, big powerful motherf**ker running down that corridor.
One game does not prove a point when half the selection changes should have happened weeks ago and now those that come in have to burden the pressure and expectations left by underwhelming performances of others. Takes time to gel when you're not the incumbent to the position.

Last start at centre Tracey had a blinder.

He's capable and brings energy with his runs. Perfect? No, but positional changes were required and he fits the bill.

Our forwards are underpeforming, Sifa can somewhat help this issue and balance the side by moving to the forward pack.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think it's less about Sifa as a centre as it is overall balance of the side. The forwards struggle and Sifa is largely used to get us out of our own end with tough carries and is one of our top go forward men. He's used as a forward most of the time so just put him there. If he was indeed dropped today, Im baffled by that as he is carrying the forward pack at times which maybe impacting his effectiveness in defence when we need him. Solving one problem at the detriment of another. That's his fault? Not so sure.

Tracey defended no worse or better than Sifa today. Some shit reads yes, but the whole left side changed and Manly are dangerous on that edge with Olakau'atu, big powerful motherf**ker running down that corridor.
One game does not prove a point when half the selection changes should have happened weeks ago and now those that come in have to burden the pressure and expectations left by underwhelming performances of others. Takes time to gel when you're not the incumbent to the position.

Last start at centre Tracey had a blinder.

He's capable and brings energy with his runs. Perfect? No, but positional changes were required and he fits the bill.

Our forwards are underpeforming, Sifa can somewhat help this issue and balance the side by moving to the forward pack.
Teams have figured us out first the top 8, now it's the next tier Sifa looks good in attack against bottom teams gets caught out badly in defence against quality teams.
Off the bench in the middle love to see how he goes.
How must Iro feel how far down the pecking order is he now.
Tracey is a full in centre not long term.
Manly knew how to play it took them 3 tackles to go left, they knew it was to test us.
People can say ref not great but but we just have try after try soon as manly got inside 20, there is no resolve.
I have said this before they prefer to win 48-46 instead of 2-0

SadShark

Bench
Can’t argue with your summary. Not making excuses but ref was as poor as we were.
Problem is, if you can’t defend your line, you got no one to blame really. Ramien though. the storm home was on until that repeat numbskull decided to fly out of the line. The crowd saw it and groaned as he did it. The sooner his antics are gone - probally 5 years - the better
The bloke is a deadset flop.

Teams have figured us out first the top 8, now it's the next tier Sifa looks good in attack against bottom teams gets caught out badly in defence against quality teams.
Off the bench in the middle love to see how he goes.
How must Iro feel how far down the pecking order is he now.
Tracey is a full in centre not long term.
Manly knew how to play it took them 3 tackles to go left, they knew it was to test us.
People can say ref not great but but we just have try after try soon as manly got inside 20, there is no resolve.
I have said this before they prefer to win 48-46 instead of 2-0
Connor is the most experienced option we can bring in.

Personally, I've not be that impressed by Iro.

Now is not the time to see if he's got it, we've got a bunch of tough games coming up. We need someone who can and has delivered in that role.

Today was not his best outing granted, 2nd half was a better showing by all. We only conceded once. That includes the left side.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Connor is the most experienced option we can bring in.

Personally, I've not be that impressed by Iro.

Now is not the time to see if he's got it, we've got a bunch of tough games coming up. We need someone who can and has delivered in that role.

Today was not his best outing granted, 2nd half was a better showing by all. We only conceded once. That includes the left side.
Another problem is the middles.
Again no starting prop played 40 minutes.
Hunt did all of 10 minutes, was that a Fitz game plan
Hazelton was 19 minutes
Also no one on the bench could cover an edge if injury, I think he had Williams play edge in end for Colquhoun.
That's also not a game plan, Fitz really lacks systems with the forwards

Chimp

Bench
Something else that gives me the shits (I should put it in the shits thread), Blayne never EVER tries to score himself from dummy half - there were 3 times today where we’d nearly scored and there was just 1 effective marker right on their line, but he doesn’t even look up to see if there for the potential option to burrow over, just farms it out - which means the defence never have to hold up, they can just drift out and smash our inevitable crash play.
He was back to his ‘just distribute’ self today.

Our middles run it up and get met by a defence coming forward and basically make no metres, opposition then get 10 free metres before our pissweak defenders cling on for dear life trying to get them to the ground. If they go 2-3 passes wide our defence is all at sea as well. Bad players, bad coaching or both?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Can’t believe Manly weren’t penalised for the way they blatantly sucked in the big ones after we scored our last 2 tries. Been watching footy for the best part of 50 years and I’ve never seen the ref and the receiving team in place for the kick off and the team kicking off still behind their own goal-line. First time DCE was warned then the second time it was even more blatant. Having said that we didn’t deserve to win and while WK definitely took the wrong option… he rarely does and Ronnie probably would have bombed it in the corner going for a spectacular put down while untouched.