What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Sea Eagles

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I noticed in my review he made the previous 3 tackles in a row. Then had to turn and chase. Had no hope. Broken and gassed in "a moment"

Was quite brilliant by the Sharks to identify it
Even the to the point of swapping the “fast guy” with a slower guy to fool them into thinking Nikora has nothing.

I decided to watch the replay today then made the mistake to keep it rolling into the Smutty Johns Show.
I thought I'd be interested in hearing these 'experts' evaluation of the Sharks win.
If you want a laugh have a watch as both Laurie Daley and Johns put Cronulla down because we couldn't put Manly away. Not one mention of the defensive efforts that went on, or the stacked on penalties.
How Daley was ever appointed to be a NSW coach is beyond me, and forget about the agenda driven dwarf, all he wanted to do was get on to his jerk-fest about the Knights.
I did turn it off before I could hear anymore.
Even a mate of mine who is a staunch AFL fan rang me today to tell me that he watched the game and couldn't believe the huge defensive effort that went in.
Johns and Daley, I used these two as my reason for getting rid of Kayo today. It's not the real reason but I just felt the need to say it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I am not DCE fan, but he busted a gut for the Eagles, he certainly dosent give up trying.
Nicho has that trait, certainly a good one indeed.

Our defence was tested and stood up, we need that every week.
Next man up.
Hazelton continues to improve, played same amount of minutes as Royce
100% agree Stake.
How he treated the Titans in signing them reneging was atrocious a few years back and really he is a force of manly flog nature.
But on Sunday he was having a red hot go, when his forwards were an absolute let down.
Again and hate to say it, if the ref was fair dinkum, the game was never going anywhere

shadowboxer

First Grade
I decided to watch the replay today then made the mistake to keep it rolling into the Smutty Johns Show.
I thought I'd be interested in hearing these 'experts' evaluation of the Sharks win.
If you want a laugh have a watch as both Laurie Daley and Johns put Cronulla down because we couldn't put Manly away. Not one mention of the defensive efforts that went on, or the stacked on penalties.
How Daley was ever appointed to be a NSW coach is beyond me, and forget about the agenda driven dwarf, all he wanted to do was get on to his jerk-fest about the Knights.
I did turn it off before I could hear anymore.
Even a mate of mine who is a staunch AFL fan rang me today to tell me that he watched the game and couldn't believe the huge defensive effort that went in.
Johns and Daley, I used these two as my reason for getting rid of Kayo today. It's not the real reason but I just felt the need to say it.
The same Laurie Daley who won’t give up on getting Burton into Origin. Whatever they are paying him is too much

DJDL

Bench
The same Laurie Daley who won’t give up on getting Burton into Origin. Whatever they are paying him is too much

Fabulous player, but an absolute dope.

I think it speaks volumes that with all the conjecture around coaches being moved on his name never gets mentioned as a possible replacement, not even as an assistant.
The only thing he's deemed capable of being entrusted with is spruiking gambling odds.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Burton is starting to look like one of those players looks great, when he has quality players around him, without that he struggles.
Compare him to Nicho

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I just listened to the Bloke in bar Monday review episode and was surprised how they were all in agreement that we ‘didn’t go on with’ and that our defending could have been better. Was the same sentiment in the brief mention of the game on the Matty johns show post game and on a couple of other podcasts I listened to. No mention of the Klein assistance or the twenty-something tackles we made before they got over. I was really pleased with our defence for the most part. And Kennedy did a great job at ‘almost’ holding it up (sharks bias aside, I think he did hold him up).

As others have said, I’ll take any win over Manly at Brooky, no matter how ugly

Weaponhead

Coach
I just listened to the Bloke in bar Monday review episode and was surprised how they were all in agreement that we ‘didn’t go on with’ and that our defending could have been better. Was the same sentiment in the brief mention of the game on the Matty johns show post game and on a couple of other podcasts I listened to. No mention of the Klein assistance or the twenty-something tackles we made before they got over. I was really pleased with our defence for the most part. And Kennedy did a great job at ‘almost’ holding it up (sharks bias aside, I think he did hold him up).

As others have said, I’ll take any win over Manly at Brooky, no matter how ugly
It shows how shallow most media analysis is.

To lose the second half 12-6, away from home, with 38% possession, with massive penalty count and 6 agains and best 3 props out plus top metre running back.... bloody great result.

Sharks really should have gone with it in those conditions. FMD.

SharkShocked

Bench
Goes up as no try it’s not over ruled.

Defence was very good and desperate almost all game. Second half was a penalty a thon that would have broken many teams.

Hell of an effort and win for a team missing a buttload of power up front.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Media is selective same as Knights beat Titans but still conceeded what was it 26 or 28, when that is us, it's about how much we conceeded but still won