What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs The Stroms in the finals race

Chimp

Bench
Righty….. breathe…..

The Storm are good, and just like the Panthers and Bulldogs, they are experts at making the ptb messy and slow, and at this time of year, refs are just not going to keep pinging them for it - so they have a massive advantage.

For large parts of the game, we went toe to toe with them. But when a team are as good as the Storm, with their wrestling advantage, you’ve simply got to limit their opportunities and take your own.

We gifted then way too many opportunities (our issue all year), the ref had a typical finals ‘let it flow’ mentality which means they get away with murder in the ruck, they also kept getting some very favourable calls and then we fail to ice enough of our moments.

At our best, we can beat them, and there were signs of that throughout the match, even though we weren’t at our best.

But we have the same issues that we’ve had the last few years, some players are just plain dumb, some are so mentally fragile that they’re always a bees cock away from crumbling under pressure and we seem to have just dumped a plan that was working wonders early in the year - that Panthers defeat seems to have sucked all confidence out of the joint, and rather than just taking it on the chin and moving on, we’ve thrown the baby out with the bath water and turned to shit. We had a very definite playing style in the first half of the year, now we appear to just be going through the motions - that’s on the coach.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Melbourne bashed us. Did a power game on us. We hung in there and then when we went 10 behind totally went away from the game plan and cost ourselves any chance.

Sutton and jack williams can f**k off
It didn't take that long Craig. The game plan was out the window after our first attacking set

Avenger

Immortal
Your team and your coach remind me of us before we made the GF in 2022. Massive under achievers. I think Fitzy will be under similar pressure as Arthur was prior to fluking our 2022 GF appearance.

I wanted you guys to win but the Storm are just relentless androids.

roboshark

Coach
Your team and your coach remind me of us before we made the GF in 2022. Massive under achievers. I think Fitzy will be under similar pressure as Arthur was prior to fluking our 2022 GF appearance.

I don't think he will be under pressure. But he f**king should be

Quigs

Immortal
Coudn't be bothered reading the match day fred.

They were too good and we played alright for a team that is in the maybe bracket of teams 3 to 8th on the ladder.

It's not going to be a team for the Bradbury's this year.

Chimp

Bench
To sum it up;

1 - We’re not good enough to defend errors and give up field position against the top teams….. We made too many errors and gifted field position to them

2 - We’re not good enough to overcome shit refereeing against the top teams…. We got no help at all from the officials, quite the opposite

3 - We need all of our best players to play well against the top teams to have a chance…… I don’t even need to say….

Craigshark

First Grade
It didn't take that long Craig. The game plan was out the window after our first attacking set

yeah you’re right. But we got bashed through the middle. They are just a fast physical side and we failed to slow down the ruck like they did which had us on the back foot for the entire game

Poss

Juniors
Those games are rare. Melbourne made 2 errors all game and had proper, legitimate momentum for probably 70 mins of the game.

We only made 4 errors (26 from 30) - which is not too bad considering one was off the kick off.

we had (from memory) only 2 opportunities in their 20m and scored both times. I can’t remember an opportunity in the whole second half in good attacking field position. We earned one chance when the storm lost the ball in the play the ball, but enter the bunker. Horrible call.

we weren’t as bad as the scoreboard suggests. They were just ruthless and almost perfect. We had no chances, and the scoreboard blew out after all the momentum, field position, repeat sets, and tackling we had to do.

Those games are rare. Melbourne made 2 errors all game and had proper, legitimate momentum for probably 70 mins of the game.

We only made 4 errors (26 from 30) - which is not too bad considering one was off the kick off.

we had (from memory) only 2 opportunities in their 20m and scored both times. I can’t remember an opportunity in the whole second half in good attacking field position. We earned one chance when the storm lost the ball in the play the ball, but enter the bunker. Horrible call.

we weren’t as bad as the scoreboard suggests. They were just ruthless and almost perfect. We had no chances, and the scoreboard blew out after all the momentum, field position, repeat sets, and tackling we had to do.
Good post, Poss. Summed up perfectly

Matt reeked

Juniors

Good post ,

we got spanked through the middle . Hazleton doesn’t belong.

Don’t have the cattle to fix it this year but will be improvement next year .

I think your right, and we will soon realise we can't win and that's when you drop from the 8.
Fitz is too loyal to some of these players